IloveOBAMA

Wife did not make it past homeland and got k-1 cancelled

213 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

How about we all stop posting until OP makes his appearance in this thread. This guessing game of wedding bands and language barriers is getting irritating.

Lets see if that happens, OP was asked for actual details long time back, he has been on the forum since than but not really provided any details.

The details he has added has created more assumptions by people.

These sort of threads are not that uncommon and seem to have a therapeutic effect on the Posters replying.

:devil:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Can't blame the OP for disappearing... I bet he's got more urgent matters to attend to than keeping us all informed here...

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Can't blame the OP for disappearing... I bet he's got more urgent matters to attend to than keeping us all informed here...

Informed or entertained? Seriously though, I hope you are right, and I hope he gets some kind of lead. This is devastating to say the least. Worse than being denied a visa IMO.

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I just wanted to post this so I can get help and also warn people that k-1 visas are so strict. She got interviewed again at the airport.

I'm deeply grateful with you, (sorry if my grammar is not correct) but I have been afraid about all that. I know where my fiance lives and how the house looks like, and I also know his family. But not in person Since I have never been in US and they hav never been in CR. Thank you very much, and good luck with this :(

I need some real help. My fiance did not make it past the homeland security screening and was sent back. k-1 was cancelled. Any recommendations for lawyers or what could I do to fix this.

Oh my Heavens! I'm so sorry to hear this. I believe you can contact or write your senator's office for help. Did they give your fiancee a reason for the turn around?

How is she supposed to know how your house looks like? How do the officers know that anyway, to tell her she is wrong?

As to the family, I dont think I could describe them either, not to mention the fact that in the span of just some months, a child's hair colour went from blonde to pure dark.

simple take pictures and post it facebook so everyone know what your house look like.

41Ihm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, just to be on the safe side, I had a long conversation with my Lady about the difference between married and fiance. It's such a kick in the gut to go through the process and then get canned at the final gate, allegedly.

So good to see something positive from this thread...right?

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

simple take pictures and post it facebook so everyone know what your house look like.

While my I-129F was on processing, my fiancé then, showed me how his house looks like thru webcam and google it by entering the address yes.gif So for sure, I remember at least some details.

To OP: It is so disappointing how you feel of the situation; but hang in there. You have some work to do and that makes you busy.. Goodluck! cool.gif

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#0000ff"][i]
[/i][/color][/size] [size="5"]God Bless![/size]
[size="5"]BobGee[/size][/font]

[u]AOS TIMELINE:[/u]

01-30-2012: Submitted AOS application thru USPS (Chicago Lockbox)
02-06-2012: Received Text/Email, application received by USCIS
02-10-2012: Received mail/hard copy of I-131 (NOA)
02-15-2012: Received mails/hard copies of I-765 & I-485 (NOAs) / Mail for Biometrics Appt.
03-06-2012: Biometrics Appointment done
03-14-2012: Received mail for Interview Appt on 16th April 2012.
04-04-2012: EAD/AP approved
04-12-2012: EAD/AP card received ;-)
04-16-2012: Interview day - Approved! (waiting for GC)
04-23-2012: Welcome Letter touched
05-03-2012: GC on hand!

[b][color="#ff8c00"]*** Thank You LORD! ***[/color][/b][b][color="#ff8c00"]

[url="http://www.ezticker.com/"]
[img]http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/100/202/20120130/AOS/ticker.png[/img]
[/url][/color][/b]

even if the OP is a troll this is a damn horror story for every k1 customer. it wasnt rainbows and sunshines at my poe either but god forbid...

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

even if the OP is a troll this is a damn horror story for every k1 customer. it wasnt rainbows and sunshines at my poe either but god forbid...

Definitely. It warns us all to continue to expect the unexpected and honestly just to be prepared for anything throughout this process. We can all help our fiances be prepared for any questions at POE, so something like this doesn't alarm them or catch them off guard. After a long flight, it's better that they know what to expect.

1/13/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox

1/18/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center

1/20/12 - NOA1

1/24/12 - Touched

2/09/12 - Touched

8/02/12 - NOA2 (197 Days After Received at VSC)

8/14/12 - Received at NVC (Assigned Case Number)

8/16/12 - Departed from NVC

8/20/12 - Arrived in US Embassy Kiev

8/28/12 - Information Received from Embassy via mail

9/12/12 - Interview (Approved)

9/19/12 - Visa Received via Elin Ltd. (FedEx)

10/05/12 - POE

Timeline

:blink:

Oh my Heavens! I'm so sorry to hear this. I believe you can contact or write your senator's office for help. Did they give your fiancee a reason for the turn around?

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I bought a holiday home and was advised on 3 separate occasions at 3 different POE for the INS officer admitting me to get one. I took their word as gospel and got one. And yep, everytime I entered USA on the b1/b2 I was continually asked "why did you get this? you don't need one." It for sure caused me problems.

And what did your house look like?

event.png

event.png

That's what worries me. If this is all a wind-up, poor pity the other K1's coming along who will read this, and worry, when most of the time that extra stress is not necessary.

Yooouuu hooo..OP! Time to give us a bit on information to go on here.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

K1's would go to secondary to be processed.

Presumably that is where they found out she was married.

I didn't, I was just at the regular entry desk. I barely got asked anything... He asked where my medical was, I pointed it out and that was about it.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.