Shane and Lovely

Problem with NBI

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She may be put into holding status awaiting the form from the NBI. She may be told to return with the document when she receives it and given a slip with further instructions.

The NBI clearance is slated for approval literally the day after her interview. So theoretically she can bring it the next day. I am just hoping this is acceptable and our delay will not be too long.

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2011-12-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-12-13

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-02

NVC Received : 2012-04-06

NVC Left : 2012-04-17

Interview Date : 2012-05-09

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2012-05-18

US Entry : 2012-06-01

Marriage : 2012-06-08

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 111 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 148 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can do two things:

1) delay, reschedule, the interview until after getting the NBI. Not a big deal just go into travel.gov and reschedule. Not a cost to change dates.

2) go to interview and hope to have the NBI. May be approved, may not be approved with expired NBI.

3) go to interview, get a 221(g) for the NBI. Mail into Embassy the NBI once you get it. May be a delay of 2 weeks to 4 weeks.

Hope that helps.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

You can do two things:

1) delay, reschedule, the interview until after getting the NBI. Not a big deal just go into travel.gov and reschedule. Not a cost to change dates.

2) go to interview and hope to have the NBI. May be approved, may not be approved with expired NBI.

3) go to interview, get a 221(g) for the NBI. Mail into Embassy the NBI once you get it. May be a delay of 2 weeks to 4 weeks.

Hope that helps.

Is it true that if I cancel and try to reschedule that the available dates won't start till the next month?

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

For goodness sakes, there's no reason to reschedule the interview. If the consular officer wants an updated NBI, he/she will issue you Form MNL-IV-22. The form will simply tell you to submit an updated NBI. It's no big deal. It's a routine procedure. Submit the updated NBI as soon as you get it. The delay will be minimal.

Timeline

For goodness sakes, there's no reason to reschedule the interview. If the consular officer wants an updated NBI, he/she will issue you Form MNL-IV-22. The form will simply tell you to submit an updated NBI. It's no big deal. It's a routine procedure. Submit the updated NBI as soon as you get it. The delay will be minimal.

Thanks so much Tahoma :) Her appointment is on May 9th and we were hoping for a June 1st entry. I am trying to get a little delay as possible.

Edited by Shane and Lovely

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

Filed: Timeline

Exactly! :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

You can do two things:

Hope that helps.

It won't be a 221(g)! I don't know where you all keeping coming up with this #######! You might get a slip telling you what you still need, and giving instructions how to submit it, generally just dropping by the embassy, and giving it to the appropriate person.

You can do two things:

Hope that helps.

^^^ Multiple choice !!! :jest:

Dareen, this is at least three times in the past couple of days you've given uninformed advise.

1. in this thread, reschedule interview.

in other threads,

.He needs to be careful himiself. He is having you as a babysitter for his kids. Even though you are married, without your EAD, he can get into trboule because you are replacing a babysitter for his kids. It is a gray area, but you and your husband must be careful in this area.

3. leaving country with green card, call ICE first.

I know you're trying to be helpful, but please stop guessing.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Darren, this is at least three times in the past couple of days you've given uninformed advice.

...and that's just the tip of the iceberg!!! :blink:

Timeline

My fiancee received her first NBI in December for her passport and they did it right on the spot in Lucena. IS this normal that they can do it within an hour? I thought backround checks needed to be done and takes a little time. Is this the same NBI clearance letter for Manila Embassy as needed for a passport? Just curious because she is going next week to get an updated NBI clearance and CEMONAR so we are prepared and she is thinking this will happen on the spot.

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

My fiancee received her first NBI in December for her passport and they did it right on the spot in Lucena. IS this normal that they can do it within an hour? I thought backround checks needed to be done and takes a little time. Is this the same NBI clearance letter for Manila Embassy as needed for a passport? Just curious because she is going next week to get an updated NBI clearance and CEMONAR so we are prepared and she is thinking this will happen on the spot.

not it's not normal, it's just when Love when to renew they had a hit on her name because of another person with her name that committed a felony since the last time she renewed....

Also wanted you all to know that she was able to get her NBI today thanks to some very sweet helpful people. Thank you all for your advice yesterday.

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

Timeline

not it's not normal, it's just when Love when to renew they had a hit on her name because of another person with her name that committed a felony since the last time she renewed....

Also wanted you all to know that she was able to get her NBI today thanks to some very sweet helpful people. Thank you all for your advice yesterday.

:thumbs:

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

See? U got it! now its time to wait for visa kicking.gif

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#0000ff"][i]
[/i][/color][/size] [size="5"]God Bless![/size]
[size="5"]BobGee[/size][/font]

[u]AOS TIMELINE:[/u]

01-30-2012: Submitted AOS application thru USPS (Chicago Lockbox)
02-06-2012: Received Text/Email, application received by USCIS
02-10-2012: Received mail/hard copy of I-131 (NOA)
02-15-2012: Received mails/hard copies of I-765 & I-485 (NOAs) / Mail for Biometrics Appt.
03-06-2012: Biometrics Appointment done
03-14-2012: Received mail for Interview Appt on 16th April 2012.
04-04-2012: EAD/AP approved
04-12-2012: EAD/AP card received ;-)
04-16-2012: Interview day - Approved! (waiting for GC)
04-23-2012: Welcome Letter touched
05-03-2012: GC on hand!

[b][color="#ff8c00"]*** Thank You LORD! ***[/color][/b][b][color="#ff8c00"]

[url="http://www.ezticker.com/"]
[img]http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/100/202/20120130/AOS/ticker.png[/img]
[/url][/color][/b]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

congrats on getting the NBI.... happy for you.

the NBI has to have both parts. they take the one portion to keep, and return the other portion to you just like for your passport.

as for the form MNL-IV-22, what I have heard and read, this is reserved for AP processing. It means some documents are needed or other processing needs to happen.

They may issue this form for an updated NBI, but I typically have heard of 221(g) stating or requesting and updated form to complete processing. Not a rejection unless the forms are not submitted in time. Really it depends on the consul and what the consul officer decides on which form to utilize. No one here is an expert or can say EXACTLY what the embassy might do for ANY CASE. Are we can do is speculate based on others experiences in the past. Nothing, absolutely nothing, can be said by any of us if a person will be approved or denied when before the Embassy Consul, USCIS, Customs, or other government processes. Any and all decisions made on a visa, AOs, AP, AOS, entry into the USA, or re-entry under AP, is at the sole discretion of those in the power to make the decision. My advice is based on THIS fact. Each person on here is persuing their own case and we share stories advice, and commiserate when a person gets a stokes interview. Celebrate when those who are going through the process finally get approved.

An ounce of prevention of worth a pound of cure.... or in some cases.... a phone call can save hundreds of dollars and many days waiting to come back in. There are stories of people who have had things happen to them because they did not follow up or call.

prepare for the worst and hope for the best, generally, somewhere in the middle is where things turn out to be.

And yes, I have gone against this board several times on several things. Only to be proven right on occasion. I have followed 3 fiance visa cases with my wife including one who was a cousin of my wife who went through the whole process just a few weeks ahead of my wife. She left for the USA on Aug 10, My wife left for the USA on Sept 18. We are following AOS, condition removal, and naturalization, plus some IR/CR visas with several cousins and fmaily members as well right now. I am following 2 or 3 more K-1 visa cases in my wife;s village. In May 2011, I met my wife's chemistry teacher in the Philippines. In July 2011, I was welcoming the chemistry teacher and his wife to the USA at the family house. His son-in-law is best friends with my wife's dad. the son-in-law's (best friends with my wife's dad) wife also comes from the village is a cousin to the family from the village. My wife and I did St. Lukes, Embassy, and CFO in 4 days, including getting the NBI as well, plus got the visa in one week, delivered to her home, and flew her back to USA. I left Sept 1, 2011, from the USA going to Butuan, arrived in Manila on Sept 4, went back to butuan on Sept 10, 2011, received her visa on Sept 14 and returned Sept 18,2011 to the USA with my wife (fiance at the time.). I WAS at ST. Lukes. I WAS at the EMBASSY. I DID interview with the Embassy Counsul and talked with them on process. The k-1 I filed WAS, Is, and probably WILL BE, the largest file EVER processed by the USCIS and Embassy. My wife is important to me. I even took her parents paying for their flights to Manila with us (plus enting them their own hotel room and paying for their meals) just to be with their daughter for the CFO and the week long process. How many men went through the process in Manila? I have met a few. How many men sat outside St. Lukes or the NBI or the CFO patiently wiating for their fiance/wife to come back out? I waited. I did not go anywhere. I sat out in the hot sun waiting for her. My wife is precious to me. I was there for her as much as possible. And just after I got her back to the USA, her parents lost the ability to rent a boat to make money plus her parents home flooded. Twice in October and again in December (they live a couple of hours east of CDO). Nothing was ever said of their area. Nothing ever made the news from where they live. they lost a lot from the floods. I helped to replace what they lost. I am also trying to get government permission and funding to dredge the river and repair the dam further up the mountain.

There are also other times I am wrong. when I am wrong, I accept it and learn. I don't know everything. However, I am not going to blow sunshine on you either.... I am just happy the OP and his fiancee got their K-1 visa. Now they can relax and be ready for the next part of the process without worrying if they get a 221(g) or a MNL-IV-22 as long as they have all the other documents ready for the Embassy visit. the worst part she will now have is the calling of numbers instead of names, being ready for the prescreen questions, plus the interview whether she does in Tagalog or English.... the way the embassy does things for visas in calling numbers on a board is not normal to Filipinas or Filipinos.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.