beejay

Stand alone I-130 for stepchild(ren)

1,280 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you guys, anyway, 2 weeks to go and its my sons interview, I already book my ticket going to the philippines so i can go with him on his interview, now my question is for the parents here thats already been through with the interview?

What documents i need to bring??

Thanks

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am a USC married to a filipina since 2010. I filed I-130's for three of my stepchildren in March 2013. They were all under 18 when we married and one turns 21 in November 2013. I noticed last week on the USCIS website that the type of VISA I petitioned for is being handled in Vermont and they are working on OCT 2012 cases now. I thought I would be at the NVC level by now and perhaps have their VISA's by christmas. I called USCIS and spoke to someone who told me to just wait for notification. He also told me I need not worry about my 20 year old ageing out. Looking at a few other timelines here on VJ it appears to me that my case is takeing a while longer then others. Am I just paranoid or am I correct? Does anyone have any tips on how to speed up my process?

Thanks,

Don

Hey welcome to our group ! Now it seems as if your case is taking awhile as by now you should be at the NVC stage. I suggest you give USCIS about 1-2 weeks then call to find out the updated status.. Now, sometimes the information on the USCIS website is not really relevant as my case was completed in almost 3 months and most other cases here. Since as your child entered the system before he reaches 21 you don't have to worry as for immigration purposes he/she is still under 21. Have a good day smile.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you guys, anyway, 2 weeks to go and its my sons interview, I already book my ticket going to the philippines so i can go with him on his interview, now my question is for the parents here thats already been through with the interview?

Thanks

we didnt go, so we sent copies of the affidavit of support, copies of tax returns, copy of marriage license, pics of my husband and stepchildren together, childrens bc.. ive seen ppl send less but we didnt want to risk the chance of NVC not sending something to the embassy or the chance of a DNA test.

we were later requested proof that my husband and i live together (utility bills, car ins, etc) not sure if your embassy will be this picky but we would advise anyone going thru Jamaica to do so, because i have seen it delay others in addition to myself.

Timeline

I am a USC married to a filipina since 2010. I filed I-130's for three of my stepchildren in March 2013. They were all under 18 when we married and one turns 21 in November 2013. I noticed last week on the USCIS website that the type of VISA I petitioned for is being handled in Vermont and they are working on OCT 2012 cases now. I thought I would be at the NVC level by now and perhaps have their VISA's by christmas. I called USCIS and spoke to someone who told me to just wait for notification. He also told me I need not worry about my 20 year old ageing out. Looking at a few other timelines here on VJ it appears to me that my case is takeing a while longer then others. Am I just paranoid or am I correct? Does anyone have any tips on how to speed up my process?

Thanks,

Don

it does seem wierd that you havent at least gotten to NVC yet? were there any RFE's? perhaps they have slowed down? ive seen ppl take 9 mnths and then others 15 mnths.. if you have already called, i dont know much else that you can do? sorry, maybe someone else will have an alternative..

Timeline

Hey welcome to our group ! Now it seems as if your case is taking awhile as by now you should be at the NVC stage. I suggest you give USCIS about 1-2 weeks then call to find out the updated status.. Now, sometimes the information on the USCIS website is not really relevant as my case was completed in almost 3 months and most other cases here. Since as your child entered the system before he reaches 21 you don't have to worry as for immigration purposes he/she is still under 21. Have a good day smile.png

Thanks, I've been on VJ for several years under a different name while I did my wife's K-1. That went through well except one RFE at her interview.

it does seem wierd that you havent at least gotten to NVC yet? were there any RFE's? perhaps they have slowed down? ive seen ppl take 9 mnths and then others 15 mnths.. if you have already called, i dont know much else that you can do? sorry, maybe someone else will have an alternative..

I'm hopeing that by calling perhaps they might take a look at it sooner. I have no RFE's but I filed 3 petitions at one time and maybe that could slow it down. I also saw the other day that they are moving I-130's around and I hope it speeds things up. My wife is in the Philippines now and the kids are excited to come here.

Edited by Donaven'sKids

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks

Hi friend, congrats on your son interview. Let me know how it goes..

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hey all....just wanted to say the kids SSN cards came today....exceeded my expectations for sure!!

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

2/14/13 checks cashed $420 x 2

4/3/13 RFE more divorce info requested and marriage certificate(which I had already sent)

4/9/13 mailed additional info

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

5/16/13 Called NVC and got Case #s and Invoice ID #s

5/17/13 USCIS website states: Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again.

5/24/13 Paid AOS ($88.00) fee online

5/30/13 Emailed I-864 package for both kids

6/3/13 paid IV bill $230 x 2 kids

6/5/13 IV bill shows paid, DS260 available

6/14/13 CHILDREN'S PASSPORTS ARRIVED!!!!

6/14/13 filed online DS-260 for both kids

6/16/13 emailed Supporting docs for DS-260 for both kids

7/9/13 CHECKLIST for both kids...sad.png

7/9/13 checklist response sent (birth certs and passport Bio Page <again>)

8/2/13 CHECKLIST both kids

8/3/13 checklist response sent (I-864 AGAIN and paystubs - sent last 6 paystubs)

8/28/13 ***** INTERVIEW SCHEDULED***** for 10/9/13

9/11/13 Medicals completed in Toronto @ Dr. Seiden's office

10/9/13 INTERVIEW APPROVED

10/25/13. SSN cards arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys I have a question. If our petition gets approved what would be the next step? Should we send the affidavit of support of my husband or wait for the instructions? How long it normally takes to get approved?

Hope to hear from you soon fellas.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi guys I have a question. If our petition gets approved what would be the next step? Should we send the affidavit of support of my husband or wait for the instructions? How long it normally takes to get approved?

Hope to hear from you soon fellas.

Are you still waiting for the I-130 to be approved? Wait for the instructions, I know stinks to keep waiting but all will work out in the end hun smile.png

ClockWatch2.gif

Hey Ladies smile.png hope everyone is well , Still pop in once and a awhile but MY things have changed need to read up to get back in the mix that's for sure.......

PS if you could maybe in you immigration info add the Info on this I-130? helps when people look to see where you are in the process. I still gt PM's and I did this 5 years ago for my Step kids and hubby. Plus an F2A for hubby other son...

FOund a lInk here on VJ , But looks a bit OLD LOL http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Process_Flowchart_v1-2.pdf

Off topic a tad I can remember when I did this we created manual Bar codes and all lol

Also here is a Helpful post that lists a lot of stuff my Dear First page has Lots of links http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433472-nvc-filers-june-2013/

Edited by NArocks

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline

Hi Guys, im just checking in for updates

My son had his interview last Nov 4 in Us Embassy in Manila,. the interview went so well and fast, the american consul only ask my son how old he is and if he already meet his step dad the petetioner, and the rest of the question is ask towards me, lol how did my husand and i meet, and ask about my work when i was in hong kong, since my husband and i meet in hong kong.. the interview didnt even last for 5 mins, its actually more of like of an normal conversation.. we are lucky to get a very nice consul..they didnt even ask for any documents or anything, i was carrying a full bag of paperworks.lol.. i actually hand carry those documents when i fly to manila so just in case my luggage got lost at least i have the most important thing, the documents. that didnt even ask!!!!oh yeah i forgot the only thing the filipina ask if i have pictures, and yes i do, i actually bring 10 pictures, and thats it. were still here in the philippines, CEAC status said Visa Issued,. i choose for pick up the visa instead of delivery, im expecting the visa on hand by friday,

thank you so much guys, for helping me in this long journey. its actually a relief when its done.

Now my question, do i have to pay the 165 dollars green card fee before leaving philippines? or i can pay it when we got to the states?

My son is 17 and i am already a US citizen since july, i understand that he will derive citizenship from me as soon as he enter UNited States?, any body here has a luck on that process?

thanks guys, good luck to all of us

Edited by Worriedmominoc

Timeline

Hey guys. can anyone tell me how much they paid in total for medical in Jamaica and which doctor/medical office ? Thank you smile.png

hi mikey.. we've used both montego bay hope medical and the kingston hospital on tangerine i think it was?? we never got the EXACT cost but we sent $200 us dollars each and we were told it was less than that for both times.. they are 10 and 12 yrs old..

Hi all,

First time posting in this thread (I think), my wife got her citizenship in March 2013 and in May she petitioned (I-130) for her son and daughter (ages 15-16). No word yet, it's been about 5 months. But with the gov't shutdown, I don't expect to hear from them too soon.

I realize everybody is different, but what is the average approval wait for the I-130 lately?

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are just about to send I-130 for my child and my AOS and I-130 concurrently. After months of sneaking in here.reading threads that are really helpful, I am asking all the luck in the coming months. Thank you VJ's for all your input, keeping my fingers cross on this long journey. All the best!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.