beejay

Stand alone I-130 for stepchild(ren)

1,280 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks for the loomis info!! your right that site is not easy.

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

2/14/13 checks cashed $420 x 2

4/3/13 RFE more divorce info requested and marriage certificate(which I had already sent)

4/9/13 mailed additional info

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

5/16/13 Called NVC and got Case #s and Invoice ID #s

5/17/13 USCIS website states: Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again.

5/24/13 Paid AOS ($88.00) fee online

5/30/13 Emailed I-864 package for both kids

6/3/13 paid IV bill $230 x 2 kids

6/5/13 IV bill shows paid, DS260 available

6/14/13 CHILDREN'S PASSPORTS ARRIVED!!!!

6/14/13 filed online DS-260 for both kids

6/16/13 emailed Supporting docs for DS-260 for both kids

7/9/13 CHECKLIST for both kids...sad.png

7/9/13 checklist response sent (birth certs and passport Bio Page <again>)

8/2/13 CHECKLIST both kids

8/3/13 checklist response sent (I-864 AGAIN and paystubs - sent last 6 paystubs)

8/28/13 ***** INTERVIEW SCHEDULED***** for 10/9/13

9/11/13 Medicals completed in Toronto @ Dr. Seiden's office

10/9/13 INTERVIEW APPROVED

10/25/13. SSN cards arrived

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hang in there girl! It's almost over!!! God Bless.

Thanks Kata.. cant do anything but look on the bright side in this process LOL

on the BRIGHTER side i called today and they said that my oldest step son has FINALLY cleared nvc (after 4 mnths of AOS checklists) and is on his way to Kingston for interview scheduling..(only after 30 days of waiting smh LOL)

i will make sure to send all this proof that hubby and I live together so they will have nothing to say for his interview.. i hope.. LMBO!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

on the BRIGHTER side i called today and they said that my oldest step son has FINALLY cleared nvc (after 4 mnths of AOS checklists) and is on his way to Kingston for interview scheduling..(only after 30 days of waiting smh LOL)

i will make sure to send all this proof that hubby and I live together so they will have nothing to say for his interview.. i hope.. LMBO!!!

Yay! Amazing news! Congrats! :) happy for you!

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Timeline

Hi all....so I am back on here after a long while. We have submitted I-130 paperwork for my stepson, which was received and accepted in March. Now just waiting to hear more from USCIS... I have called USCIS and they have let me know that my case is being processed at the National Benefits Center, and that there is no timeline for completion and that they have no idea when it will be completed or looked at. So frusterating!!! Has anyone had any experience contacting local goverment representatives to help with thier cases? I am wondering if this would help at all? It just irks me to no end that they are SO quick to cash my check, but then take forever in responding. So thats my rant for the day...

Congrats girl!!! I dont know why but these applications are taking FOREVER! So frusterating but glad things are moving along for you. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well on the next steps for you and your family!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys. I'm sorry for not posting frequently. Have been working a lot! we sent the AOS on July 30,2013 and on the 21st of August we received an email that we didn't put the date beside the signature! smh.. I work in customer service for a popular insurance company in the USA and when the doctors send things electronically it would process in 2 to 3 days. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE NVC HAS TO TAKE 20 BUSINESS DAYS!!! TO PROCESS SOMETHING SENT ELECTRONICALLY. It's RIDICULOUS!! and they need to do better! sickening man!!!! kmt!! smh!!

PS: I'm sure you guys can agree how frustrating it is. Best wishes to all

Timeline

Totally agree with you guys.. This 20 day business is CRAZY.. All in Gods timing, i keep trying to say, but it really sucks that we are at their mercy LOL.. APPROVAL SOON COME!!!

I got an email yesterday that my oldest stepson's interview is scheduled for october 1st.. just so glad that there is an end in sight, but with all the surprises they give us, we are not very relieved yet. youngest stepson is still in Adminitrative Processing even though i emailed the proofs that same day ..Praying we get answers soon!!

Timeline

OMG!!!!!

just called NVC and was told interview OCTOBER 9th!!!

WHOOHOOOO finally!!!

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

4/3/13 RFE more divorce info requested and marriage certificate(which I had already sent)

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

5/17/13 USCIS website states: Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again.

8/3/13 checklist response sent (I-864 AGAIN and paystubs - sent last 6 paystubs)

Timeline

OMG!!!!!

just called NVC and was told interview OCTOBER 9th!!!

WHOOHOOOO finally!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your the week after mine.. Blessings to us all, lets bring our children home!!!

Timeline

dors anyone know what my childrens father needs to provide me stating he gives permission for kids to move to usa?

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

Timeline

dors anyone know what my childrens father needs to provide me stating he gives permission for kids to move to usa?

hi.. ive read just some statment saying just what you mentioned.. that he is their father and he is granting permission for the children to live with you and your husband, blah blah blah.. some ppl get it notarized as well..

Timeline

hi.. ive read just some statment saying just what you mentioned.. that he is their father and he is granting permission for the children to live with you and your husband, blah blah blah.. some ppl get it notarized as well..

thanks!!!

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

OMG! I can't believe this. After the 20 business NVC now takes, I received an emai saying that I had missed a line on the I-864 AOS form, and that I had to include our Federal Income Tax Returns for 2012. Last month I received a previous RFE, saying that I had to submit the AOS package, even though everytime I called the Customer Service Center, I was told they had both packages and that they were under review!!! Then, a customer service representative tells me that they do not need the whole package, but that the I-864 form was out-dated, and that I needed to send the up-dated one.

So now, I know they will make us wait another 20 business days, and I pray to God that nothing else arises!!!! because then we will have to wait yet another 20 business days...and so on...and on...and on!!!

I immediatly got on it, and sent them the corrections on a new I-864 AOS form, and included -yet again- our Federal Income Tax Returns for 2010, 2011 and 2012, just to be on the safe side. I hope this does not become a problem. I also over-nighted the package (I know they will only acknoledge its existence after 5 days) and the 20 business day count-down starts -yet again!!!!

Arrrrggggghhhhh!!!! sorry to vent guys! Just make sure to check 20 times and, when calling the Customer Service Center, make sure to ask ALL the questions you can imagine of -even those you think they are just obvious or even dumb- then re-check your paperwork ten thousand times.

Thanks for all your support.

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG! I can't believe this. After the 20 business NVC now takes, I received an emai saying that I had missed a line on the I-864 AOS form, and that I had to include our Federal Income Tax Returns for 2012. Last month I received a previous RFE, saying that I had to submit the AOS package, even though everytime I called the Customer Service Center, I was told they had both packages and that they were under review!!! Then, a customer service representative tells me that they do not need the whole package, but that the I-864 form was out-dated, and that I needed to send the up-dated one.

So now, I know they will make us wait another 20 business days, and I pray to God that nothing else arises!!!! because then we will have to wait yet another 20 business days...and so on...and on...and on!!!

I immediatly got on it, and sent them the corrections on a new I-864 AOS form, and included -yet again- our Federal Income Tax Returns for 2010, 2011 and 2012, just to be on the safe side. I hope this does not become a problem. I also over-nighted the package (I know they will only acknoledge its existence after 5 days) and the 20 business day count-down starts -yet again!!!!

Arrrrggggghhhhh!!!! sorry to vent guys! Just make sure to check 20 times and, when calling the Customer Service Center, make sure to ask ALL the questions you can imagine of -even those you think they are just obvious or even dumb- then re-check your paperwork ten thousand times.

Thanks for all your support.

Hi kata,.. Really, the 20 business day thing going on in NVC,.. Is really getting into my nerves.,

Well, we got an AOS checklist too,( after 20 business days) so i just send that last friday, and now waiting for them to review, and of course another 20 bus days.!!!!!!grrrr!!...

Hang in there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I've noticed there have been quite a few people over the last few months who have filed stand alone I-130s for their stepchildren. There is some information about the I-130 process but not specifically for children. I thought we could gather here and share information and experiences as we go through them.

My husband and I filed in early March at CSC. We got the NOA-1s shortly after that and are now patiently waiting...

Anybody else?

I am petitioning for my wife and stepdaughter concurrently- waiting on NOA2- my wife and I also have another daughter together- and this past year we reported her birth abroad and got her USC'ship/ US passport--

waiting in TN....

MY JOURNEY

2009-03-03 - Married in San Pedro Sula, Cortez, Honduras

2011-07-11 - Our second Daughter is Born in La Ceiba, Atlántida, Honduras

2013-04-15 Consular Report of Birth Abroad Completed- she is USA Citizen

We are a family of four-

TWO I130 CASES - running concurrently One for my wife and Second for my stepdaughter

USCIS
2013-08-20 - NOA1 - Priority Date established
2014-02-27 - NOA2 - after transfer to California Service Center in January

7 MONTHS and 23 DAYS at USCIS

NVC

2014-04-11 - NVC case Number & IIN Assigned

2014-04-15 - DS-261 online done and accepted

2014-04-29 - DS-260 completed online and approved on 5/14/2014

AOS

2014-04-16 - I-864 INVOICE Generated and paid

2014-04-21 - I-864 Package sent via FedEx

2014-04-22 - I-864 Package at NVC Signed for by B Standish 9:21 am FedEx

2014-05-14- I-864 package on case approved

IV

2014-04-24 - IV INVOICE Generated and paid

2014-05-02 - IV packets sent via FedEx scanned on 05/05/2014 approved on 5/29/2014 - 24 days

2014-05-29 - Case ONE OF TWO completed, 48 days

2014-06-20- CASES(s) complete Case TWO took 71 days (checklist)

Consulate

2014-08-13- POE --FT Lauderdale, FLA for my wife

221(g) additional follow up required with Consulate

2015-06-19- POE FT Lauderdale, FLA fro my Stepdaughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.