beejay

Stand alone I-130 for stepchild(ren)

1,280 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

WELP....here we are again, playing the game....another checklist....needing I864 sent AGAIN, and paystubs....I figured my husbands last 3 transcripts showed WAY above required $$, and felt they should have been satisfied with that....oh well....guess everything is happening for a reason....wanted to get to the interview before school starts....doubt that will happen since its now Aug 4! and it takes 20 business days for the NVC to view the emails.

Hope everyone is doing better with this ....

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

2/14/13 checks cashed $420 x 2

4/3/13 RFE more divorce info requested and marriage certificate(which I had already sent)

4/9/13 mailed additional info

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

5/16/13 Called NVC and got Case #s and Invoice ID #s

5/17/13 USCIS website states: Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again.

5/24/13 Paid AOS ($88.00) fee online

5/30/13 Emailed I-864 package for both kids

6/3/13 paid IV bill $230 x 2 kids

6/5/13 IV bill shows paid, DS260 available

6/14/13 CHILDREN'S PASSPORTS ARRIVED!!!!

6/14/13 filed online DS-260 for both kids

6/16/13 emailed Supporting docs for DS-260 for both kids

7/9/13 CHECKLIST for both kids...sad.png

7/9/13 checklist response sent (birth certs and passport Bio Page <again>)

8/2/13 CHECKLIST both kids

8/3/13 checklist response sent (I-864 AGAIN and paystubs - sent last 6 paystubs)

8/28/13 ***** INTERVIEW SCHEDULED***** for 10/9/13

9/11/13 Medicals completed in Toronto @ Dr. Seiden's office

10/9/13 INTERVIEW APPROVED

10/25/13. SSN cards arrived

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys, I have a question: Does the NVC publishes a monthly bulleting for each consulate, with the interviews for that month at the beggining of it, which does not change, or more interviews keep being added as the month progresses?

sorry i dont know this answer kataandfreddy.. maybe someone will come soon who does

Timeline

WELP....here we are again, playing the game....another checklist....needing I864 sent AGAIN, and paystubs....I figured my husbands last 3 transcripts showed WAY above required $$, and felt they should have been satisfied with that....oh well....guess everything is happening for a reason....wanted to get to the interview before school starts....doubt that will happen since its now Aug 4! and it takes 20 business days for the NVC to view the emails.

Hope everyone is doing better with this ....

Heres hoping this is your last one.. i got 4 or 5 checklists for my oldest stepsons affidavit of support, while my younger stepson got through the first time?? Like you said, it sucks because they take the WHOLE 20 days to respond smh.. i have literally cried but we just keep saying, its all in God's timing.. i wanted them to start school as well, but now i dont know if we will just let them start late or after winter break?? we dont even try to plan anymore waiting on immigration LOL..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks anyways! And Congrats on your upcoming interview! :) the nightmare is almost over!!! :)

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Timeline

I feel really hopeless sitting here waiting to hear if case approved, and waiting on interview date....so i'm looking into the next steps....when I went through my Visa process in 2010, I didnt have to sign up to Loomis or DHL...i literally walked into a shoppers drug mart in Montreal and did it that way....can anyone walk me through what I need to do ? I went to the Loomis website, but it looks foreign to me

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

4/3/13 RFE more divorce info requested and marriage certificate(which I had already sent)

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

5/17/13 USCIS website states: Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again.

8/3/13 checklist response sent (I-864 AGAIN and paystubs - sent last 6 paystubs)

Timeline

I sent the AOS in a timely manner and received this RFE, stating that they did not receive it, so I wasn't worried, since the guideline for the NVC -shortcuts- say its perfectly normal.

After a couple of days I call the NVC to hear about the progress on our case, and the customer service representative tells me that the form I sent was out-dated, and that I should have received the RFE asking for the updated form. I explained to her that the RFE NEVER mentioned that the form was out-dated, she just said "we're sorry; it is apparently our mistake" and so I asked, since it's their mistake, if my case is going to be expedited. She said "no" and that they'll take 20 business days to give us an answer.

I can't believe how frustrating this process is!!!! :'(

Edited by KataandFreddy

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Timeline

I hear u on that! I find it absurd that sending documents through email take upto 20 business days...its an email! If it takes that long because of the limited # of employees working @ NVC, I know a city that could use the employment!!! Send a call center here, I will ensure its fully staffed and I will work there if need be....lord know's i been going through this process twice now!

Easy to vent on here, unfortunately it does no good

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

Timeline

I sent the AOS in a timely manner and received this RFE, stating that they did not receive it, so I wasn't worried, since the guideline for the NVC -shortcuts- say its perfectly normal.

After a couple of days I call the NVC to hear about the progress on our case, and the customer service representative tells me that the form I sent was out-dated, and that I should have received the RFE asking for the updated form. I explained to her that the RFE NEVER mentioned that the form was out-dated, she just said "we're sorry; it is apparently our mistake" and so I asked, since it's their mistake, if my case is going to be expedited. She said "no" and that they'll take 20 business days to give us an answer.

I can't believe how frustrating this process is!!!! :'(

Thats EXACTLY what happened to me!!! i sent my first AOS in jan of 2013.. STILLL waiting for my oldest stepson to be approved because of new forms, new rules on that form, 2011 income not being good anymore cuz it too them so long to approve the dang form in the first place..the checklist never tells you exactly whats wrong and the ppl on the phone BARELY can.. AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.. and everytime i had to wait 20 days smh. RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Thats EXACTLY what happened to me!!! i sent my first AOS in jan of 2013.. STILLL waiting for my oldest stepson to be approved because of new forms, new rules on that form, 2011 income not being good anymore cuz it too them so long to approve the dang form in the first place..the checklist never tells you exactly whats wrong and the ppl on the phone BARELY can.. AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.. and everytime i had to wait 20 days smh. RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel you! But they're really good @ adding new fees though! They're really quick @ that! /:0/

I feel you! But they're really good @ adding new fees though! They're really quick @ that! /:0/

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, at least you hear from NVC, i submitted AOS AND IV, and until no news, everytime i call them said its under review, its 22 business days today so i will call them, .. Its really frustrating that we have to wait long and tell us , if that they needed this and that!!! And when sending the documents they want, its gonna be another 20 days to review.grrrrr!

Timeline

So i got the checklist back on Aug 2nd, and I EMAILED the info Aug 3rd. I got an email yesterday Aug 13 that said : NCV recieved your correspondence. Please allow upto 20 business days....

SO really, it takes 20 business days PLUS approx 10 days for the email to even reach them apparently....

Dont get me wrong, I'm grateful for having the "Luxury" of email capabilities....but this is so annoying.

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

Timeline

Hi guys, at least you hear from NVC, i submitted AOS AND IV, and until no news, everytime i call them said its under review, its 22 business days today so i will call them, .. Its really frustrating that we have to wait long and tell us , if that they needed this and that!!! And when sending the documents they want, its gonna be another 20 days to review.grrrrr!

smh.sorry for that.. . its so nerve wrecking..

i didnt hear anything about my aos until over a mnth later.. i thought everything was okay.. cuz they took so long.. i dont understand how things work with them.. im well over my 20 days with the last checklist i got from them..sighhhhhhhh

I feel really hopeless sitting here waiting to hear if case approved, and waiting on interview date....so i'm looking into the next steps....when I went through my Visa process in 2010, I didnt have to sign up to Loomis or DHL...i literally walked into a shoppers drug mart in Montreal and did it that way....can anyone walk me through what I need to do ? I went to the Loomis website, but it looks foreign to me

The loomis site is confusing. You'll want to pick "create an account" for each child and fill in their information. Then you want courier service only and pick the destination closest to the kids so whomever is picking up their visa can do so (or closest to you if you're going to get them, but the delivery should be in Canada.) The Dorval location is the one in Montreal if you're wanting to wait, but it can take anywhere from 24 hours to a few weeks.

Their Loomis form will look like this:

loomis.jpg

Don't sign up for it until after you have a case complete and the CEAC says ready, however, that means that Montreal has their information. They will need that sheet of paper to get into the consulate that day.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Bittersweet.. The embassy is asking for proof that my husband and i live together before they will approve the visa.. good news is i guess they said he can come and get the visa when i email them the info.. sigggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Timeline

Bittersweet.. The embassy is asking for proof that my husband and i live together before they will approve the visa.. good news is i guess they said he can come and get the visa when i email them the info.. sigggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hang in there girl! It's almost over!!! God Bless.

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.