beejay

Stand alone I-130 for stepchild(ren)

1,280 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Damn got a CHECKLIST today via email. :(

funny thing is , everything is they asked for I submitted with the DS260 docs.

Oh well...here we go...more waiting games...

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

2/14/13 checks cashed $420 x 2

4/3/13 RFE more divorce info requested and marriage certificate(which I had already sent)

4/9/13 mailed additional info

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

5/16/13 Called NVC and got Case #s and Invoice ID #s

5/17/13 USCIS website states: Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again.

5/24/13 Paid AOS ($88.00) fee online

5/30/13 Emailed I-864 package for both kids

6/3/13 paid IV bill $230 x 2 kids

6/5/13 IV bill shows paid, DS260 available

6/14/13 CHILDREN'S PASSPORTS ARRIVED!!!!

6/14/13 filed online DS-260 for both kids

6/16/13 emailed Supporting docs for DS-260 for both kids

7/9/13 CHECKLIST for both kids...sad.png

7/9/13 checklist response sent (birth certs and passport Bio Page <again>)

8/2/13 CHECKLIST both kids

8/3/13 checklist response sent (I-864 AGAIN and paystubs - sent last 6 paystubs)

8/28/13 ***** INTERVIEW SCHEDULED***** for 10/9/13

9/11/13 Medicals completed in Toronto @ Dr. Seiden's office

10/9/13 INTERVIEW APPROVED

10/25/13. SSN cards arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Finally our Choice of Agent was accepted, but the Payment Portal Sever is down, and I can't pay the IV Package Bill. Is someone else experiencing this issue too? :(

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Finally our Choice of Agent was accepted, but the Payment Portal Sever is down, and I can't pay the IV Package Bill. Is someone else experiencing this issue too? :(

Thats good news, im still waiting for mine ti be accepted, hopefully soooon!!!!!!

Timeline

Thats good news, im still waiting for mine ti be accepted, hopefully soooon!!!!!!

We sent ours trough e-mail (like three times :D ) also through regular mail. (Just to be a little bit more redundant! :) )

Hope you get yours soon! I'm checking the paying portal tomorrow around 9am. If its not up by 12, I'm sending a cashier's check and overnight it! Keep me posted. I'll do the same :)

Citizenship Event Date Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox CIS Office : Santa Ana CA Date Filed : 2013-05-15 NOA Date : 2013-05-20 Bio. Appt. : 2013-06-13 Interview Date : 2013-09-03 Approved : Yes Oath Ceremony : 2013-09-27 Comments :

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Timeline

We sent ours trough e-mail (like three times :D ) also through regular mail. (Just to be a little bit more redundant! :) )

Hope you get yours soon! I'm checking the paying portal tomorrow around 9am. If its not up by 12, I'm sending a cashier's check and overnight it! Keep me posted. I'll do the same :)

Oh my did you???..i just send once!.. I think im gonna do the same thing.. (:..., ..

Yeah, hope i hear from nvc soon!!..keep me posted too!.

Timeline

OH wow...this is getting annoying....so the checklist i received advised me the I864 hadn't been received. I sent that May 30th (way before the DS260).....SO I had to resend, and here we go with the waiting game AGAIN.

What is up with RESENDING things when clearly I sent everything in 1 package....how do they get some of the documents in the package and not others when its EMAILED ??

Do you think they do this delibertly?? I'm not one to fuss around here, I call NVC daily...i am one of "THOSE" people.....Better to be a thorn in their side than just be silent and get nothing done.

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

4/3/13 RFE more divorce info requested and marriage certificate(which I had already sent)

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

5/17/13 USCIS website states: Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again.

8/3/13 checklist response sent (I-864 AGAIN and paystubs - sent last 6 paystubs)

Timeline

OH wow...this is getting annoying....so the checklist i received advised me the I864 hadn't been received. I sent that May 30th (way before the DS260).....SO I had to resend, and here we go with the waiting game AGAIN.

What is up with RESENDING things when clearly I sent everything in 1 package....how do they get some of the documents in the package and not others when its EMAILED ??

Do you think they do this delibertly?? I'm not one to fuss around here, I call NVC daily...i am one of "THOSE" people.....Better to be a thorn in their side than just be silent and get nothing done.

You should really check a thread here named "NVC Shortcuts" somewhere in there I'm pretty sure I read that sometimes the NVC will send you a checklist requesting one package or the other, but that you should just disregard it, unless they're requesting for an specific document you didn't send.

I'm going to try and find you the link for it ;)

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/James%27s_Shortcuts

"Note, during I-864 Affidavit of Support review, it is common when using the James' shortcuts for an RFE to be announced for a missing Form DS-230, because NVC is still processing or just processed the IV fee bill and has not yet requested the DS-230, and if this is all that happened, the RFE is harmless and you should not send an RFE reply (that said, however, do not automatically assume this is what the RFE announcement is for, still check with an operator, because it could be a real I-864 RFE also). The operator will be able to tell you exactly what was wrong and what they want you to do. If a form needs to be corrected, it will be unstapled and detached from the supporting documentation and sent back to you alone (if you are using this shortcut in that case, you will be sending in a new copy of the form instead, and NVC will not have the original "Received CMR" date stamped on the submission anymore, if that matters to you)."

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Timeline

Just check email, Ds3032 accepted,..yay!

Yay! Great news! :)

I was invoiced for the IV Package. Was able to pay it through the paying portal after the server finally came back again -a day later- and now there's some sort of issue with the server -yet again- that won't allow me to print the bar coded cover sheet and/or request it via mail!!!! I'm going to try calling them, see if I get lucky and they email it to me...

Edited by KataandFreddy

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

Timeline

Yay! Great news! :)

I was invoiced for the IV Package. Was able to pay it through the paying portal after the server finally came back again -a day later- and now there's some sort of issue with the server -yet again- that won't allow me to print the bar coded cover sheet and/or request it via mail!!!! I'm going to try calling them, see if I get lucky and they email it to me...

Ds3032 accepted yesterday, keep checking my mail, and also loging in to the payment portal, but no nvoice yet!? How long for nvc to generate the iv fee bill?..tommorow is saturday so i guess im out of luck since they are close, i guess i have to wait till monday..

Did u get some luck calling nvc today?

Timeline

Ds3032 accepted yesterday, keep checking my mail, and also loging in to the payment portal, but no nvoice yet!? How long for nvc to generate the iv fee bill?..tommorow is saturday so i guess im out of luck since they are close, i guess i have to wait till monday..

Did u get some luck calling nvc today?

I was lucky. I called the NVC and the lady who took my call said since everybody was having trouble printing their bar-coded sheets, that I could send te receipt for te payment with a note saying that the portal is down. Just to be on the safe side, I also included a print of my checking account movements that shows the payment cleared by NVC.

Just in case check the portal again tonight and Saturday. I hope I don't get any RFE's and that this thing keeps moving at a decent pace.

I'll keep you posted. Good luck! :)

3rs1cazbtpo05.png

When filing I-130 petitions for my wife's children, so they may immigrate with her, should I also have passport-style photos accompanying their petitions?

Dear Visjourneyers,

I have sent off the IV packet on the 25the with delivery date of June 27th. I am soooo frustrated that it takes so long.I have been calling everyday and but they tell me its hasn't even reached the mail room yet..

WHY IS IT TAKING SOOOOO LONGGGGGG

Please give me some hope with answers

Timeline

thanks for the info. I am about to call them today to check status of EVERYTHING.

I will go with the statement "no news is good news" right now...fingers crossed for everyone playing the waiting game...

..hopefully interview before school starts!!!

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.