Cathi

looking for MENA success stories

373 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Wow! No surprises...never?!? Either you're pretty lucky or pretty boring. We'll go with lucky. And yet, I'm pretty flabbergasted at least once a week with the sh!t that goes down in my life or that of my friends - and we're normal!

But don't worry, just wait till your man gets here...I'm sure he'll be able to surprise you with a few antics. They always do. ;)

[/quot

you misinterpreted what I meant. I said NOTHING surprises me, meaning ANYTHING can happen..i was being sarcastic..why is it that every single word I say here people pick apart? seriously? when i started this thread I only wanted to meet people, plain and simple...you all can think or say what you want. why do I have to have a particular reason for posting something other than being curious?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

In the 6 years I've been a member of this forum I don't recall anyone ever taking any advice or "listening" to warnings. Pretty much everyone has to learn on their own. I still give advice but in my mind it's more of a warning than advice. No one wants to believe their relationship is scheduled for the crapper one day. I'd say about 85% or more of the couples that have been through this forum have a failed or at the very least a very unsatifying, unhappy relationship. Personally, my relationship has had some super sucky times. And these sucky times didn't even include infidelity or abuse. Immigration sucks so bad. I would never recommend it to anyone. That being said...good luck to the OP. :D

BTW the Chuck E. Cheese analogy was awesome!

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

In the 6 years I've been a member of this forum I don't recall anyone ever taking any advice or "listening" to warnings. Pretty much everyone has to learn on their own. I still give advice but in my mind it's more of a warning than advice. No one wants to believe their relationship is scheduled for the crapper one day. I'd say about 85% or more of the couples that have been through this forum have a failed or at the very least a very unsatifying, unhappy relationship. Personally, my relationship has had some super sucky times. And these sucky times didn't even include infidelity or abuse. Immigration sucks so bad. I would never recommend it to anyone. That being said...good luck to the OP. :D

Can relate 100% about sucky marriage at times, Mirtha, and that's even with sharing the same religion, MENA background and him being slightly older then me!

Personally, I'd rather stick a rusty spork in my eye then go to Chuckie Cheese :blink: And that, my friends, is how much I think immigration sucks!

Edited by 100% Al Ahly Fan

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Timeline

Why thank you? LOL. I have no idea why I correlated all this nonsense to Chuckie Cheese. I was trying to think of something that was kind of fun but a big waste of money that left you feeling kind of unsatisfied at the end. Approaching my 5th anniversary next month, I am now planning my divorce, by myself I may add because after being in then out then in then out then in then out he decided that he was in no rush for a divorce anyway because he already divorced me by saying I divorce you , I divorce you , I divorce you and the paper divorce was my problem. Hopefully ramadan is coming soon and he will decided to act like a human being for a month and I can get my wits about me and file. Hes still using my address but hasnt been around in days...so who knows when I will get it mentally together to file. I think I am waiting for 2000 dollars to land on my lap so I can get a lawyer so I dont have to suffer so much :crying: I love him still so I dont have the rightous anger that alot of these women seem to garner up. He told me I am too fat, too old.. the new insult is I am stupid. I am the stupidest woman he ever met in his life ( maybe he is referring to the fact that I was a dumb #### for falling for his nonsense and bringing him here. LOL)

I don't really feel sorry for these guys at all in almost any possible way. I feel sorry for the women who meet them and see it a big romantic adventure and end up destroyed. I cant really see any part of my life that wasnt smashed over the last 6 years. I used to write. Havent written a thing since hes been here. I used to dream. That stopped too. My whole life became wrapped around an arrogant , narcisstic tantruming brat that his mom created by never discipling him and he treated his female family members like slaves. I didnt make a very good slave but my mom and almost everyone who knows me never saw anyone has quiet and obeying as me. I did my best to be the dutiful wife. Didnt you know he was just doing me a big favor by just being with my stupid ####? LOL. Anyway.. I am not going to say all these relationships are disastrous. I just dont think after everything I have been through that its a good idea for substantially older ( lets say 10 years or more) American women to marry these guys. It never works out for the women in the long run, someone gets hurt and I havent seen too many of the men come out bad but for most of the women its a sad slow car wreck that most of the women I have met really never get over. Its a horrible thing to be played and strung along.

Its like being an inmate in the county jail. The foreign spouse is like your bunkmate and maybe you will share some nice ink tattoos and card games. But in the end, you are in jail, they are a criminal and in the end you did time for a crime you did not commit. They lost nothing and you lost years of your life and usually alot of money. Please forgive me as I go through this process but its been a long hard nasty road for me..

Chuckie cheese.. think chuckie cheese

The inmate in the county jail one makes sense too. I did time for a crime I did not commit with a sociopath who stole all my desserts off my food tray and then stuck me with solitary and I had to pay his canteen tab LOL

It's an amusing analogy, but for the average scammer/scamming relationship coming out of MENA, it's still pretty over the top and hyperbolic. Most of the guys lay it on all thick and smarmy, get to the US, and then get the hell out of the relationship. The long, protracted, and sadistic mindfcuks perpetrated by the psycho Kat married are not the norm, even for some of the crazy and ridiculous relationship train wrecks witnessed here. It adds to the circus, but it's like the sideshow area, where you find the bearded lady and alligator man.

You know what Sandinista? In some sad way, even after all we have been through on the boards, I just love the hell out of you. I just do Sandinista.. I must needed to read that.. LONG PROTRACTED SADISTIC ())()_...I know they are not the norm. I just love the way you verbalise things and always are bright and sharp..thank you.. I needed to read that LOL

Rofl!!!

I am sorry Mithra. You know when you just have to use analogies for the way you are feeling

Ok I feel like my friend borrowed my car and then threw up in it

I feel like I have been in jail for something I did not do and somehow had to pay 10 times the amount of bail that I should have..

In all seriousness, today 5 years ago I was planning a 20 day trip over to North Africa. The air felt all spring breaky..like a little cool and the sun felt hot. I have so many amazing memories but as I look back, they actually were not about him, they were mostly about all the things I saw and the things that happened along the way.

The one good thing that came out of this almost 6 year journey that is STILL not over with legally is that I have an absolutely amazing relationship with my kids, a whole circle of wonderful friends, my job went into the toilet because of grief and the economy but my children are all doing so well right now. I am in a good place, its like a sad place but a good place.

I cannot say right now looking back if I would have taken this journey. I think I should have just gone on a couple of vacations to amazing places and it would have been a lot less money for me to spend. I cannot say I regret cashing in my 401k to make the journey because about 10 months later, all my stock spiraled to almost zero because it was all AIG ( my grandfather was an insurance investigator and he he had left me a great deal of stock that went down)

I am working on my first book in 6 years and ironically, although I feel such tremendous grief, I don't feel angry. I almost wish I could get angry but how do you get angry at someone for not loving you? Do I grieve for things that I can do something about or take that grief and do something creative with it? This week I did some pottery with my daughter. I want to actually go work with a wheel ( we did painting and glaze) and I have all kinds of trips I want to take with her. I have stayed active in a group thats a geneological group thats quite well known and gone to some conventions and I have done girl scout activities. I have lost 27 pounds in the last 2 months. But you know that feeling when someone holds your hand and helps you cross the street and you go to sleep and they are there and they love you? I hope someday I have that with someone who doesn't want to take things from me. I hope one day I can love and trust again and somehow I can remember the best parts of the last 6 years. I am trying. I am really trying. I am not going to lie to you. Losing what I lost 4 years ago made me want to throw myself into a lake and drown. I mourned and mourned and suffered and I didnt outwardly talk too much. I just grieved inside. I went through a year where I lived with my husband and he wouldnt even touch me. My parents were far away and no one could help me by coming up here and working with me to help me remove myself from this situation. I have very little living family and then my older son got very sick and I was dealing with grief, a completely insane foreign person and the daily things like bills groceries etc. Its been a very very very long 4 years. Its been 4 years since he arrived next month and they have really been if I break my life down into sections , the absolute worst 4 years of my life. I havent had a day except when hes been gone of peace and even coming to the point of divorce has been so hard for me. Its as if I dont want to face him in court. I am kind of hoping he falls off the face of the earth and I dont know where he is for a while so I can file missing spouse and not have to face him in court or deal with the stress of his threats. My biggest problem with him to be honest with you, while he is wacky as hell, are his friends. One of his friends told him do this to her do that to her and I got wind of it through another friend of his from North Africa who told me what the other guy said... I told him I wasnt shocked. This same friend told my husband NOT to go to any of my family events and that all americans are racist. I am going to be honest with you. My family did not give me one inkling of a hard time about having a baby with a moroccan ( my daughter is moroccan ) or marrying from overseas. Their rage towards people from that part of the world started after he got here and his friends were rude to my family and he basically almost became part of an I hate americans club. He used to be nice to my family. Then some crazies he was friends with told him he was a bad muslim for going to christmas events.. and on and on.

Sandinista said it right, most do not have the long protracted sadistic MIND blank I have been through. I think mine was longer than normal because I did not have the support network to get out of it and he would not let me out of the marriage back in 2009 when I begged. I lived with threats from his family, threats from his friends, economic abuse, you name it. I don't mind talking about what I have been through since 2008 with him with people. I actually do not completely bash him ... I know alot of it has to do with his lack of education and basically he is from a family of grifters, another thing that if I was on the ball, I would have picked up on. The hard thing is that I DO LOVE HIM. I wish I did not. I wish I felt nothing honestly. I am not going to tell you that I have this ball of rage inside. I am just bewildered as if a house landed on a witch next door, trying to make sense of the last turbulent 4 years, wishing I had my old life back and my heart was not so broken, if any of that makes sense, good. If it doesnt, I am so sorry. I go on, I try to work. I take care of my kids. I call my friends. I play farmville and find small ways to pass the days and put the pain somewhere deep inside

I don't want him to be hurt. I do love parts of him and his culture, religion all of it. I don't like the general distrust and nastiness that he has and some of his crazy friends have towards americans.. and they do... i am sorry. There is no easy way to paint it. It must be so hard to have to live among the KHANZIN in order to make money. I have tried to explain again and again that my mother is not racist. She likes people of every religion and race who respect americans and our cultures. But when people come over here and then they do nothing but trash american customs, people ,etc, she feels like they should not live here. I cant defend his behavior to her because he has acted like a jerk pretty much without regard to WHO was around. I wish he was alone in his behavior but hes not.. alot of the people he knows live here for the economics but they are not really here with love and an embrace of what the US is. Its all about what RIGHTS they have here in the US and what they are owed. Not what they have to give back and what their responsibility is to their adopted country.

It's an amusing analogy, but for the average scammer/scamming relationship coming out of MENA, it's still pretty over the top and hyperbolic. Most of the guys lay it on all thick and smarmy, get to the US, and then get the hell out of the relationship. The long, protracted, and sadistic mindfcuks perpetrated by the psycho Kat married are not the norm, even for some of the crazy and ridiculous relationship train wrecks witnessed here. It adds to the circus, but it's like the sideshow area, where you find the bearded lady and alligator man.

Yep,

all of this is like watching a car wreck or trainwreck. Exciting to watch but you do not want to be involved in one.

Yep, thats me. In the sideshow.

He never called me his queen by the way... Rats.. I did not even get the thick and smarmy .. that at least would have been nice to get a little of

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ahmed and I decided from the very beginning no matter what may come divorce is not an option. It is that simple. DIVORCE IS NOT AN OPTION! No other magical potion needed. We made a committment before God to each other and our families. So when a problem arises between us we say ok how do we get thru this TOGETHER? We argue we disagree but in the end we know we will go to bed together and wake up together. We love passionately and we think logically. I am 2 years older than my love and we have been married 2 years. Yes some may say that isnt long but tell you what we are in this together for the long haul!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm so sorry for you :( I hope you can file that paperwork soon, pick your life back up, and find some happiness. Shame on him......

Why thank you? LOL. I have no idea why I correlated all this nonsense to Chuckie Cheese. I was trying to think of something that was kind of fun but a big waste of money that left you feeling kind of unsatisfied at the end. Approaching my 5th anniversary next month, I am now planning my divorce, by myself I may add because after being in then out then in then out then in then out he decided that he was in no rush for a divorce anyway because he already divorced me by saying I divorce you , I divorce you , I divorce you and the paper divorce was my problem. Hopefully ramadan is coming soon and he will decided to act like a human being for a month and I can get my wits about me and file. Hes still using my address but hasnt been around in days...so who knows when I will get it mentally together to file. I think I am waiting for 2000 dollars to land on my lap so I can get a lawyer so I dont have to suffer so much :crying: I love him still so I dont have the rightous anger that alot of these women seem to garner up. He told me I am too fat, too old.. the new insult is I am stupid. I am the stupidest woman he ever met in his life ( maybe he is referring to the fact that I was a dumb #### for falling for his nonsense and bringing him here. LOL)

I don't really feel sorry for these guys at all in almost any possible way. I feel sorry for the women who meet them and see it a big romantic adventure and end up destroyed. I cant really see any part of my life that wasnt smashed over the last 6 years. I used to write. Havent written a thing since hes been here. I used to dream. That stopped too. My whole life became wrapped around an arrogant , narcisstic tantruming brat that his mom created by never discipling him and he treated his female family members like slaves. I didnt make a very good slave but my mom and almost everyone who knows me never saw anyone has quiet and obeying as me. I did my best to be the dutiful wife. Didnt you know he was just doing me a big favor by just being with my stupid ####? LOL. Anyway.. I am not going to say all these relationships are disastrous. I just dont think after everything I have been through that its a good idea for substantially older ( lets say 10 years or more) American women to marry these guys. It never works out for the women in the long run, someone gets hurt and I havent seen too many of the men come out bad but for most of the women its a sad slow car wreck that most of the women I have met really never get over. Its a horrible thing to be played and strung along.

Its like being an inmate in the county jail. The foreign spouse is like your bunkmate and maybe you will share some nice ink tattoos and card games. But in the end, you are in jail, they are a criminal and in the end you did time for a crime you did not commit. They lost nothing and you lost years of your life and usually alot of money. Please forgive me as I go through this process but its been a long hard nasty road for me..

Chuckie cheese.. think chuckie cheese

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.