Cathi

looking for MENA success stories

373 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes, I would say it is a bit more uncertain now than it used to be. Especially considering the amount of denials now. Back when I was waiting for my husband's visa we didn't see nearly the amount of outright denials.

I spent a lot of time, while waiting, talking to ladies on VJ and privately in groups or IM. It helped a lot but it also "hurt" a lot as well. Hearing the horror stories scared me as I think they scared a lot of ppl and still do. I took a lot of things personally that I shouldn't have back then. I chalk it up to the stress of waiting and all that uncertainty. Uncertainty about when he'd get his visa and uncertainty about how life would be once he got here.

This is so true. The horror stories are driving me insane. I just want him to get his interview so the guessing will be over. The stress is overwhelming at times to say the least

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, I would say it is a bit more uncertain now than it used to be. Especially considering the amount of denials now. Back when I was waiting for my husband's visa we didn't see nearly the amount of outright denials.

I spent a lot of time, while waiting, talking to ladies on VJ and privately in groups or IM. It helped a lot but it also "hurt" a lot as well. Hearing the horror stories scared me as I think they scared a lot of ppl and still do. I took a lot of things personally that I shouldn't have back then. I chalk it up to the stress of waiting and all that uncertainty. Uncertainty about when he'd get his visa and uncertainty about how life would be once he got here.

Also the the upheaval of governments must have someone on alert in the countries of Arab Springs.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

This is so true. The horror stories are driving me insane. I just want him to get his interview so the guessing will be over. The stress is overwhelming at times to say the least

Are you really that stressed???? I get a little off when it puts a strain on our distance like the communication breaks down...but for the most part..what is the worry gonna help???

Get a good massage, remember I told you I went shopping? and you love that therapy. It is really not in our hands....hahaha :wacko:

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Are you really that stressed???? I get a little off when it puts a strain on our distance like the communication breaks down...but for the most part..what is the worry gonna help???

Get a good massage, remember I told you I went shopping? and you love that therapy. It is really not in our hands....hahaha :wacko:

Right now I am, yes. I filed AOS at the beginning of April by snail mail and it was reviewed and accepted. Did the same with the ds-260 electronically last week. When mu husband was doing the ds-260 i called NVC to ask a question and they informed that as of April 24 Amman only accepts electronic processing for all forms and documents, and that they were going to mail back my AOS and the documents and I would have to send them to my husband so he can bring them to the interview. Yesterday I called the NVC back to ask when they would send me everything back, and their reply was that they don;t know. Under normal circumstances that wouldn't be such a big deal. But the mail system is less than reliable in Jordan, even when sending packages in the past by UPS and DHL things have been lost. Not quite sure why the NVC just wont forward the paperwork on to the consulate for me considering it was accepted a good 2 weeks before Amman implemented the change.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

AOS?

Right now I am, yes. I filed AOS at the beginning of April by snail mail and it was reviewed and accepted. Did the same with the ds-260 electronically last week. When mu husband was doing the ds-260 i called NVC to ask a question and they informed that as of April 24 Amman only accepts electronic processing for all forms and documents, and that they were going to mail back my AOS and the documents and I would have to send them to my husband so he can bring them to the interview. Yesterday I called the NVC back to ask when they would send me everything back, and their reply was that they don;t know. Under normal circumstances that wouldn't be such a big deal. But the mail system is less than reliable in Jordan, even when sending packages in the past by UPS and DHL things have been lost. Not quite sure why the NVC just wont forward the paperwork on to the consulate for me considering it was accepted a good 2 weeks before Amman implemented the change.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

Oh, I was thinking Adjustment of Status........sorry

affadavit of support..the i 864

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

Lisamarie ~

Your husband got here in June of last year...how is it? Still lovely??

Have you to been back to his place yet in Morocco?

I envy your position on the journey right now...I will admit. :whistle:

Edited by inluvnwaiting

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I saw that nursery was located in Georgia, so they ought to carry varieties good for your area. (Cold and drought tolerance will be decreased if planted in a pot, though.)

I have been checking around Georgia farmers are really trying to start an industry (so to speak) for olive farming and processing oils. They actually had mills in Savannah,Ga for that purpose before the Civil War. Interesting reading about the olive trees- about their history and their future. :thumbs:

I think I'm going with the arbequina variety which seems to do well here. :-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I don't understand why they can't forward it to the embassy either? I thought it was their procedure to forward your entire case file there???

By the way, happy 6 months! :dance:

Timeline

I don't understand why they can't forward it to the embassy either? I thought it was their procedure to forward your entire case file there???

By the way, happy 6 months! :dance:

I was under the same impression. But evidently that is not the case as the embassy will not accept any paper processing from april 24 on from the NVC. When I ask the NVC why the, just say they have to do as they are told. headbonk.gifAnd thank you :)

Timeline

Yes, everything is wonderful, thanks for asking, We're doing great :D. We haven't come across any problems, and everything is pretty much how I envisioned it. No we haven't been back yet, but we're hoping to go next year or the year after. We would love to be able to go every 2-3 years. We'll see what happens.

Yes, it's good to be in this position and have the stress of the whole process behind us. I wish you the best of luck with yours:)

Lisamarie ~

Your husband got here in June of last year...how is it? Still lovely??

Have you to been back to his place yet in Morocco?

I envy your position on the journey right now...I will admit. :whistle:

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

What I find even sadder than reading about the tragic endings of some MENA relationships is going back and reading the posts of those same posters pre-immigration. Everyone is always so confident that they are different.

You are soooo right!!!!

Timeline

Just thought I would update everyone. Our case was complete at the NVC today. Now on to the embassy and the interview. We are so happy!!!! kicking.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.