thedude6752000

Visa Turned Down in India due to "(in)sufficient economic and social ties to assure their departure after a limited stay in the United States"

83 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He wants the ShagaVisa. Often asked about, but does not exist.

I am sort of surprised that an Indian Family would allow there daughter to shack up with an American boyfriend for a few months?

She might have more success if she applied for a proper Degree course.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Landlord tenant agreement, Utility payments, visas to other countries on passport etc are the sort of things that determine the ties (or lack thereof) to your home country.

If she is your fiance, I suggest you try the K-1 application process if you intend to get married if not and live in the Us. if not, then she can try again.

best of luck!

Feb 3, 2012 - I129F sent
Feb 6, 2012 - NoA1 Received
August 22, 2012 - NoA2 ( 198 days!!!!!)
Sept 6, 2012 - NVC Received Case
Sept 10, 2012 - London Received Case
Sept 15, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
Sept 20, 2012 - Medical
Oct 5, 2012 - All forms sent to the embassy
Nov 5, 2012 - Interview
Nov 5, 2012 - Administrative Processing crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifranting33va.gifcray5ol.gif

Love conquers all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Wow this thread has escalated so far beyond where I thought it would go. I'm not going to even dignify any more of Noah's hateful comments and accusations with a response. As to the rest of you who insulted her English, I would like to say that I probably misspoke when I said I "can't" understand her. I can, we've talked in English, but due to the fact that I mishear Indian English through my American English ear (words like "schedule" which are pronounced completely differently in Indian and American English) we find it easier to communicate over voice chat in Hindi (more like Hinglish, since my vocabulary reflects the fact that I only learned Hindi/Urdu two years ago). She has read entire books in English and has taught English at several different institutions in Lucknow. When I was there she spoke English better than 99% of the people there, I only knew 3 or 4 who spoke better than her (and they were in my school....in fact many of the teachers in my school did not speak English well at all). She currently has a job tutoring American NRI children in math, science, and ENGLISH, and yes entirely in the English language. She is very smart and extremely hard working and knows our language very well, better than I would guess people like Noah know any foreign language at all. And she is also a much more pleasant human being than most of you people probably are. Good day/hinduustaani logon ko NAMASHKAR.

Post Scriptum

I am 100% white and not Indian and anyone who actually questions this can send me a PM for guaranteed proof. bahut bahut shukria.

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Filed: Timeline

Noah Lot...you are one of the most condescending, sarcastic, arrogant, judgemental douchebags I've ever seen. I've been reading through different topics and posts and you always have that same douchy tone. So what if you are right, lets just boost your ego and say you are right about everything. It still doesn't mean you need to act like that to people.

Well, I always sprinkle a liberal amount of vinegar to my postings....just so you'll feel comfortable.

Few people want to hear a direct answer, others find it uncomfortable when someone figures out their real intentions...oh well.

No one has yet disproved anything I have said regarding our laws, and there have been a few whose true motivations (that I anticipated) were subsequently revealed in spite of their assertions to the contrary...

Maybe you are the one who has far more insight to some of these situations than I do....odd I haven't read anything yet that would make me believe that...hey, let's give it a try....several people have posted their opinions here that if somebody brings 'proof' that they will return to their country after a visit, they should get the tourist visa....so....which piece of paper, according to current U.S. law, will do exactly that? Here's your chance for fame....or maybe something easier....under which constitutional amendment is it written that a U.S. citizen has the 'right' to bring anyone to the United States?

Now, where's that bottle of vinegar????.......

Filed: Timeline

Wow this thread has escalated so far beyond where I thought it would go. I'm not going to even dignify any more of Noah's hateful comments and accusations with a response. As to the rest of you who insulted her English, I would like to say that I probably misspoke when I said I "can't" understand her. I can, we've talked in English, but due to the fact that I mishear Indian English through my American English ear (words like "schedule" which are pronounced completely differently in Indian and American English) we find it easier to communicate over voice chat in Hindi (more like Hinglish, since my vocabulary reflects the fact that I only learned Hindi/Urdu two years ago). She has read entire books in English and has taught English at several different institutions in Lucknow. When I was there she spoke English better than 99% of the people there, I only knew 3 or 4 who spoke better than her (and they were in my school....in fact many of the teachers in my school did not speak English well at all). She currently has a job tutoring American NRI children in math, science, and ENGLISH, and yes entirely in the English language. She is very smart and extremely hard working and knows our language very well, better than I would guess people like Noah know any foreign language at all. And she is also a much more pleasant human being than most of you people probably are. Good day/hinduustaani logon ko NAMASHKAR.

Post Scriptum

I am 100% white and not Indian and anyone who actually questions this can send me a PM for guaranteed proof. bahut bahut shukria.

Guess I struck a nerve....how is that K1 visa application doing, BTW?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So an ESL class would be a waste of time and money.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So an ESL class would be a waste of time and money.

Not really considering she pronounces words like "schedule" as "skaduul" and cannot pronounce the phonenems "th/dh" as in "health" and "the" but instead substitutes "t(h)/d(h)." etc. She also writes and says things like "here are my some photos." All very common and normal features of Indian English but not acceptable at all in our register. Thanks for your insulting question though.

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

this thread has run it's course. it's now locked for tos violations. do not restart this topic.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.