thedude6752000

Visa Turned Down in India due to "(in)sufficient economic and social ties to assure their departure after a limited stay in the United States"

83 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I feel badly for you that people are responding to you so harshly, I for one believe you.

From what you have said:

1) you want your gf here to study english AND spend time with you, which a F1 will allow you to do.

2) you want to use this time to figure out if you want to get married and file for CR1 or K1.

I do not know how likely you will get this kind of visa though, as others have pointed out, there are red flags- single- no job- etc.

Is it possible for you to go to India for a while and spend time there, then decide if K1 or CR1 are right for you?

If not-

Some proof of ties:

Job back home (letter from employer) , bank statement showing sufficient funds, travel plans well documented,letter from sponsor showing financial support, rental agreement, car loan or any loan agreement.

I think the big ones are the job, home and bank statements or proof of financial support.

If your gf tries for another visa when she gets there make sure puts all the information on the table straight away, don't let her get bullied, present the information and ties; you said she didn't have a chance to prove anything, make sure she has a chance.

IO: Why do you want to go to the USA?

GF: Because I want to study, these are my plans, this is the proof I will return.

So before the IO has asked another question your gf has already answered everything! You are guilty until proven innocent unfortunately.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: Timeline

Far too many inconsistencies, far too many people who have used the ole F1 ESL visa as a means of avoiding long waits (while having promised good intentions)...letters from some employer (two, no less!) attesting to her return....hmmm...remind me....how would such a letter be enforced against either party if the future visa holder did not live up to this alleged agreement??? Just wondering....why fly half way around the world to learn a language taught with astonishing frequency in the fiance's own country? How many companies in India offer 3 month paid vacations to their employees? Put me in the disbelieving column....

and just how is the US BF supposed to prevent his GF from 'being bullied?'.....the VOs are in charge of the interview, NOT the applicant nor their BF/GF or anyone else.....shoving papers under the window will just reinforce the VO's belief that something else is afoot....no one can 'instruct' the VO on how to conduct an interview....period.

here's one I like...

"GF: Because I want to study, these are my plans, this is the proof I will return."......what form does such 'proof' have? A paper? How can a piece of paper force a human being to board an airplane? No such paper exists....but there are apparently a lot of people who believe otherwise...so....which one is it, according to the Immigration & Nationality Act???

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

here's one I like...

"GF: Because I want to study, these are my plans, this is the proof I will return."......what form does such 'proof' have? A paper? How can a piece of paper force a human being to board an airplane? No such paper exists....but there are apparently a lot of people who believe otherwise...so....which one is it, according to the Immigration & Nationality Act???

That's right: there is always some risk involved with issuing visas. What proof did I provide that I was actually going to marry my fiancee? A 3-sentence statement that I signed. I totally could have just brought her here, collected some money from her, and then bid her farewell. The Department of State took a risk. Such is life.

OP asked what might constitute better evidence. A few people have attempted to help him. His girlfriend's odds are still probably not very good. There's probably not much use in arguing it much further.

In any event, at least I got

InBeforeTheLock.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I speak to my wife in Spanish and I am not Hispanic. Does my story hold up or do you think I'm lying?

FYI, I'm Indian, lived all my life in India, but speak, read, and write English, French, and Spanish, in addition to five Indian languages, so yeah sure, your story does hold up. The question to the OP was raised since he claims he's a "gora" and went to India for a short while, still manages to speak Hindi well, and his girlfriend's English is good but not good enough for him to understand!!! C'mon, who are we kidding? And while we're on this subject, why don't you take a peek at the OP's earlier postings? Perhaps that'll serve as an answer to the various theories you have!!!

Edited by Divs

07/14/2011 Wedding

USCIS (187 days)

08/16/2011 I-130 filed

08/19/2011 NOA1
02/22/2012 NOA2

NVC (14 days)
03/08/2012 NVC case #, IIN, emailed DS-3032
03/13/2012 AOS invoiced & paid
03/14/2012 AOS package mailed
03/16/2012 DS-3032 acceptance
03/19/2012 IV bill invoiced and paid
03/20/2012 DS-230 package sent
03/22/2012 Case Complete
04/10/2012 Interview date assigned; packet IV received
MEDICALS/US CONSULATE/POE
05/02/2012 Medicals
05/09/2012 Interview APPROVED
05/11/2012 Visa in hand
05/24/2012 POE TORONTO
06/28/2012 Got SSN and Green Card

ROC

02/27/2014 Package sent

02/28/2014 NOA1

03/28/2014 Biometrics

06/20/2014 Approved

06/22/2014 Got the 10-yr GC
N-400

03/03/2015 Package sent

03/10/2015 Check encashed

03/13/2015 NOA

03/26/2015 Fingerprints

04/27/2015 In line

06/19/2015 Interview letter

07/23/2015 Interview

08/19/2015 Oath ceremony

Timeline

here's one I like...

You have to provide proof the best you can that you will return and you have strong ties, I am fairly sure you have even stated as such.

I am not sure where your attitude is coming from, but it is not appreciated, I am sorry, but at least to me, you are coming across as nasty.

I am just trying to help the OP, as I am sure you are. I in no way said that he could steer the interview in a certain way or that the gf could, but the OP stated that his gf did not have a chance to show evidence, providing it all upfront creates that opportunity or at least tries to.

Good luck OP. I hope if I was not helpful atleast I could provide some comfort, I wish you the best of luck! :blush:

---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Look at this guy's previous posts... they have no intention of having her only study in the US. Also, in one post, he wrote she is an English major. I would think an English major would know sufficient English to have normal conversations with her boyfriend, rather than needing him to speak Hindi. Heck, my so is Russian, studied math and software engineering, and he knew enough English for us to talk even if he hadn't studied the language in depth while at school or after graduation. And he was part of the CLS program, so of course he knows decent Hindi, it's an excellent language program.

I suggest visit each other in a third country, get evidence in said visit (photos, boarding passes, etc), then apply for a different language visa. Many Indians speak English, and wouldn't it be easier for them to go to the UK anyway? So, IMO a CO won't believe that she's in the US just for study.

Edited by AmyWrites

Timeline

Look at this guy's previous posts... they have no intention of having her only study in the US. Also, in one post, he wrote she is an English major. I would think an English major would know sufficient English to have normal conversations with her boyfriend, rather than needing him to speak Hindi. Heck, my so is Russian, studied math and software engineering, and he knew enough English for us to talk even if he hadn't studied the language in depth while at school or after graduation. And he was part of the CLS program, so of course he knows decent Hindi, it's an excellent language program.

I suggest visit each other in a third country, get evidence in said visit (photos, boarding passes, etc), then apply for a different language visa. Many Indians speak English, and wouldn't it be easier for them to go to the UK anyway? So, IMO a CO won't believe that she's in the US just for study.

I am sorry I didn't do that (read the previous posts) I just believed him. You may very well be right, but still it doesn't mean the thread had to be brought down to the level that it was.

I do agree that an english major should be able to speak english.

---
Medical issue diagnosed

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

According to American formula your girl friend(a single ready to mingle girl) has not sufficient social ties for studying (specially English). Sorry but this formula is 99% correct.

Take it easy. She can apply for any other interesting course and then you are there to help her English. Just a friendly advice

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I applied for a student visa in May of 2002, they took my passport and gave me a visa after 2 years, in Nov 2004. Yep. I waited two years for that process to end.

When i went in, they asked me those same questions, who's sponsoring, i told them its my parents, what are you going to study, computer science, hows your english? I told them that i was enrolled in the ESL program by the university because they are not accepting my 6.5 score in IELTS. That was the end of my interview. That day onward, i had to wait two years, complete radio silence, but in 2003 they sent my passport back with a cancelled visa on it, then asked to send the passport back to them so they can put a valid visa on it in 2004.

It all takes time, the day i went in there, my friend was with me, same case, we had the same education, his parents own industries, not just a mom's and pop's store, flippin manufacturing plants. He just wanted to go to the US to go into industrial engineering, he had bank statements showing hundreds of thousands of dollars, he was asked the same questions, but he was rejected, because according to the VO, if you have money here, why would you want to go to the US, my friend's answer was unsatisfactory i guess.

There is no way to get it all correct, it might be luck, might not, who knows, but I have also seen many a' single young girls get student visas based on a local or US sponsor. It all depends on the VO i guess, there is only so much you can do right.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All arguments and scrutiny aside, I'd just like to state that:

A young, single and never married Indian girl with no decidedly strong ties to her native Country, wanting to quit not one but two jobs, with no foreseeable means of re-acquiring sustenance upon her return, just to go to USA to enroll in a learning program that is just as easily available where she currently resides, and being sponsored by none other than her current Indian boyfriend.

Sorry. Not going to happen.

My thinking too, but anything is possible if she has all the proper evidence of ties to India.

Edited by islandgal

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Haha!! love it! and you were told to pack your bags and go back to 'your country', just because you disagree with the US politics, only to find out you are 'gora'. (and people telling you this were highly likely immigrants themselves at one point or another).

See the hypocrisy-- welcoming, accepting and celebrating diversity? and lack of tolerance on mere opinions, thoughts, ideas? Prejudice and discrimination based on person's country of origin? :innocent:

I constantly see hateful and discouraging comments about immigration on this forum. 'Visa Journey-- Your US immigration Community'. [i'm trying to permanently delete my account-don't want to be a part of this].

Hateful? No, direct, and based on real life and our laws....however, some people don't want to hear the truth; they prefer some sugar coated response..but by doing that, I would be doing a disservice to that person, because that's just not how things work....nor do I believe that the OP's fiance was not asked any questions nor anything else...that is just plain ludicrous....besides, the OP was NOT at the interview; he was thousands of miles away, so he cannot have first hand knowledge of how the interview took place...all he has is the edited version given to him by his GF.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.