thedude6752000

Visa Turned Down in India due to "(in)sufficient economic and social ties to assure their departure after a limited stay in the United States"

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Moreover this is a summer-long program and she will be staying at my place; it would be patently obvious to anyone that if we married we had used the F1 to circumvent the K1 and so for this reason alone we are not contemplating such a stupid and illegal move.

I was curious about what you said here. When she applied for student Visa who did she say she was going to stay with? A friend? BF? That may be the reason if she said BF? Cuz don't you have to answer the question "Do you know anyone in the United States? Just wondering

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Timeline

All arguments and scrutiny aside, I'd just like to state that:

A young, single and never married Indian girl with no decidedly strong ties to her native Country, wanting to quit not one but two jobs, with no foreseeable means of re-acquiring sustenance upon her return, just to go to USA to enroll in a learning program that is just as easily available where she currently resides, and being sponsored by none other than her current Indian boyfriend.

Sorry. Not going to happen.

...what I said....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I know it feels like everyone is attacking you. You must understand that each of has come here and asked 'What is the quickest way to get my loved one here?' and 'Can my spouse/fiance stay with me or visit while we are waiting?'. We were shocked when we heard the time lines and dismayed when a visit would be unlikely. People around here get upset when A) we feel like someone is trying to commit fraud to take a shortcut (because we have had to do it the right way and wait) and B) when someone thinks THEY should get special treatment because they think THEIR circumstances are unusual. The right thing to do if you want her to come and be with you is file for a K1 and wait for her or go there, marry her and file a K3 and then wait some more. Then you can stand in line with the rest of us who have filed petitions, submitted RFE's, waited for the NVC to do their jobs (while they give us the runaround) and wait for the Visa process to run it's course. It's not easy. It's not the way I'd choose for the process to be. I understand why it is this way and quite frankly, it is what it is.

I know it feels like everyone is attacking you. You must understand that each of has come here and asked 'What is the quickest way to get my loved one here?' and 'Can my spouse/fiance stay with me or visit while we are waiting?'. We were shocked when we heard the time lines and dismayed when a visit would be unlikely. People around here get upset when A) we feel like someone is trying to commit fraud to take a shortcut (because we have had to do it the right way and wait) and B) when someone thinks THEY should get special treatment because they think THEIR circumstances are unusual. The right thing to do if you want her to come and be with you is file for a K1 and wait for her or go there, marry her and file a K3 and then wait some more. Then you can stand in line with the rest of us who have filed petitions, submitted RFE's, waited for the NVC to do their jobs (while they give us the runaround) and wait for the Visa process to run it's course. It's not easy. It's not the way I'd choose for the process to be. I understand why it is this way and quite frankly, it is what it is.

And the main reason soooooo many people have difficulty getting tourist or student visas, just to 'wait it out'..is because so few use it to wait....instead, they use (abuse) it to circumvent the normal (and admittedly time consuming) waiting period....and every day somebody thinks they have come up with a new and improved story as to why their SO deserves said visa (along with all the usual guarantees and assurances that no one wishes to break the law nor violate any trust)....

Guys... slow down, everyone is asking him to file for K1, it might not be even applicable for him if OP himself is on F1 or some other visa.

OP has not responded what his status.

He said he went to India on a State Dept sponsored exchange program, which suggests he is a USC (and has yet to say something about his inability, if it exists, to file a K1)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Or maybe he doesnt want to get married?

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So are u in US on F1? What is your status in US?

I am a white("goraa") American dude, not any type of immigrant to the US. Born and raised here.

Edited by thedude6752000

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am a white("goraa") American dude, not any type of immigrant to the US. Born and raised here.

OK - You had never clearly mentioned what your status was so now its been established your are USC.

If you are serious about marrying you can file for K1 or go to India get married and file for CR1.

As mentioned getting a visa for ESL classes from India would be really difficult. Most students coming from India normally come for higher education.

OK - You had never clearly mentioned what your status was so now its been established your are USC. If you are serious about marrying you can file for K1 or go to India get married and file for CR1. As mentioned getting a visa for ESL classes from India would be really difficult. Most students coming from India normally come for higher education.

Yep. If you're serious about this girl, you might want to consider proposing. I know it's a big step, but a young, single Indian girl who just quit two jobs in order to take an English program is highly unlikely to ever get a student visa. A denied student visa for lack of ties will not matter much on a K-1 application.

Immigration law is one of the only areas in US law where you are not innocent until proven guilty - you are guilty until proven innocent. Meaning the CO interviewing her has to by law assume she's an intending immigrant, and it's her job to prove otherwise.

The fact that she didn't get to provide all of her evidence is due to the large number or visa applicants going through Indian consulates every day. The CO literally has a matter of minutes to decide on each applicant. They must make a decision with limited documentation and basically a "gut feeling." Unless she has 100% undeniable proof of her ties to India, she won't get a student visa given her story.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Before you take the big step and propose though, I suggest you be cautious and tread very lightly. From your posts I gather you went to India on an exchange student program and met this woman, after which you have had no significant contact and/or deep relationship with her (just guessing here, I apologize if I'm mistaken). So, before you go ahead and tie yourself up with her, make sure she really does love you and want to be with YOU.

Again, my apologies if this sounds rude. I am not attacking you, just trying to ask you to make an intelligent decision about bringing this girl over since it's no joking matter, and people marry to immigrate to the USA on a daily basis (not that I am accusing this woman to have any such intentions. That is for you and only you to decipher).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.