graceroxas

Applying for passport name change while visiting the Philippines

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Is anyone familiar with the procedure for passport name change application with DFA Manila?

I married a US citizen and has adopted my husband's surname. Am now in the Philippines for a vacation. I'm just wondering if it's easier to apply directly with DFA Manila for this instead of going to a Philippine consulate abroad. Unfortunately, the DFA official website can't seem to provide the right information.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

From what I know you can't put your husband name on your passport without submitting the report of marriage that taken abroad.that is their explanation when I give them a call last week..the report of marriage should file at the the consulate abroad.u call them to make sure u can do it in philippines

The need an original copy of your marriage certificate as well as multiple photocopies. They keep the original to, at least when you send the papers to the consulate. I know here, you can do both at the same time at the consulate. I wouldn't think doing both at the same time there would be much of a problem as long as you have everything they require.

Here's the list of required items.

BASIC REQUIREMENTS:

Four (4) original duly-accomplished Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad form, typed or printed legibly in black or blue ink, signed by both husband and wife, and notarized if sent by mail

Four (4) identical colored photos of the husband and four (4) identical colored photos of the wife, 2” x 2”, taken within six months before the date of application, showing a clear front view of applicant’s face without eyeglasses, with a white background. No sleeveless attire. Blurred or low quality photos are not accepted.

One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate or Contract (original will be returned)

Four (4) photocopies of a government-issued identification card or passport of both husband and wife

Four (4) photocopies of Philippine birth certificate of Filipino spouse

Self-addressed return envelope, with appropriate stamps, via US Postal Service or private courier of choice, preferably with tracking numbers, if Report of Marriage is to be mailed back

Processing fee of $25.00 (non-refundable), payable in money order, bank draft, certified check or cashier’s check, and cash when personally applying. Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.