TnJ

I-129F April 2012 filers

598 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Ok, so far... the remaining ones, (ready for their approvals!) that are active on this forum are:

-RS_0812 2012-04-17 (RFE 2012-10-15)

-Jarrod&Vicky 2012-04-18

-Lyricalan 2012-04-19

-Devotional 2012-04-24

Anybody else?

Yes we are waiting! April 24th NOA1!

So we've had our Congressman involved for the last couple of weeks, and after their third inquiry to USCIS, we finally got a proper response which is that our case is currently in the hands of an officer.

The lady from the Congressman office told Jarrod about how someone over there said that they've just been a bit behind and that our case was in the hands of an officer, to which Jarrod responded "but Obama said there were NOOOO backlogs when it comes to legal immigration cases!!" and of course she started laughing.

On a different note, we've been calling USCIS every day for the past 5 days, and asking for a tier 2. The first 4 were to say the least, not informed, uneducated and disrespectful (one even hung up on us) but yesterday we were transferred to an officer of a higher rank who very well and respectfully informed us that he couldn't disclose any information on the case but that we had to understand that a big part of the process involves a delay at the FBI for the background checks. All cases are different, and some take longer than others, like ours (Jarrod owns his own company and has been living and going back and forth from Argentina and Uruguay to the US for the past 3 years...)

So I thought I might share this info with you, it brought some relief to be given some sort of logical explanation where the delay was. Maybe it can help somebody else, and don't hesitate contacting your Congressman and USCIS because it might work. Just be consistent.

Now all we have to do is wait a couple of more days, and luckily our wait will be over! Good luck to all waiting!

K1 NOA1: April 18th, 2012
K1 NOA2: October 25th, 2012 (190 days at VSC, NO RFE)
NVC number: November 1st, 2012 (7 days after NOA2)
INTERVIEW: November 29th, 2012 (APPROVED)
POE: December 14th, 2012 (Miami)
MARRIAGE: December 21st, 2012 (the end of the world! lol)
AOS SENT: December 26th, 2012
AOS NOA1: December 31st, 2012
AP/EAD NOA1: December 28th, 2012
BIOMETRICS: January 31st, 2013
AP/EAD APPROVAL: February 20th, 2013
AP/EAD card in the mail: March 2nd, 2013

GREEN CARD APPROVED: September 17th, 2013 (no interview)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

So we've had our Congressman involved for the last couple of weeks, and after their third inquiry to USCIS, we finally got a proper response which is that our case is currently in the hands of an officer.

The lady from the Congressman office told Jarrod about how someone over there said that they've just been a bit behind and that our case was in the hands of an officer, to which Jarrod responded "but Obama said there were NOOOO backlogs when it comes to legal immigration cases!!" and of course she started laughing.

On a different note, we've been calling USCIS every day for the past 5 days, and asking for a tier 2. The first 4 were to say the least, not informed, uneducated and disrespectful (one even hung up on us) but yesterday we were transferred to an officer of a higher rank who very well and respectfully informed us that he couldn't disclose any information on the case but that we had to understand that a big part of the process involves a delay at the FBI for the background checks. All cases are different, and some take longer than others, like ours (Jarrod owns his own company and has been living and going back and forth from Argentina and Uruguay to the US for the past 3 years...)

So I thought I might share this info with you, it brought some relief to be given some sort of logical explanation where the delay was. Maybe it can help somebody else, and don't hesitate contacting your Congressman and USCIS because it might work. Just be consistent.

Now all we have to do is wait a couple of more days, and luckily our wait will be over! Good luck to all waiting!

Thank you for posting this and good luck!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well thanks for the info. Ours is one day after yours, but I don't think extensive FBI background checks would be relevant in my case, and certainly not for my fiancee. I guess they gave a response that might sound plausible.................but.........I think they are just backlogged. Anyway good luck and I hope we both hear something sooner rather than later.

event.png

event.png

Updating the waiting list, so it includes ALL of us! Keeping my fingers crossed!

-Jarrod&Vicky 2012-04-18

-Lyricalan 2012-04-19

-Devotional 2012-04-24

-Jenny&Toby 2012-04-24

-More+Muyi 2012-04-30

Edited by Jarrod&Vicky

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you for posting this. I will definitely try our congress person because I called uscis today and I was not even allowed to do a service request.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yes we are waiting! April 24th NOA1!

Hello I am an April Filer...April 5th was my first noa1. I am still waiting for approval.

Elvis & Tabitha

Is it impossible For Me To Love You Anymore Than I Do Now? Nahhhhhhh!

04/05/2012 - Rec'd Delivery Receipt from USPO.

04/10/2012 - Received Mobile Alert I129F.

04/10/2012 - Check Cashed By USIC & Receipt# Given.

04/11/2012 - Received 1-797C 1st NOA1 Via Mail

10/29/2012- NOA2 Received

11/01/2012 - NOA2 Received In Mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Updating the waiting list, so it includes ALL of us! Keeping my fingers crossed!

-Jarrod&Vicky 2012-04-18

-Lyricalan 2012-04-19

-Devotional 2012-04-24

-Jenny&Toby 2012-04-24

-More+Muyi 2012-04-30

I AM also an April filer 2012-4-24

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I really thought this week was our week all early to mid April filers. Seeing a couple of others from the 24th and others around my date seemed like a good sign..........sigh.......another week gone......another @%#£ weekend ahead. Take care all.

event.png

event.png

There we go everybody. Remember to update if by any chance you get approved late tonight Friday... but I think it will be a bye bye, see you on Monday! Jarrod and I are taking a 5 week vacation together (Yayyyy! :dance: ), but I'm taking my tablet with me, so I will be checking in from somewhere along Central America. Praying on next week, so we all might still get a chance to spend the holidays together with our other half in the US!! :innocent:

-Tabel 05-04-2912

-Jarrod&Vicky 2012-04-18

-Lyricalan 2012-04-19

-Devotional 2012-04-24

-Jenny&Toby 2012-04-24

-Marialola215 2012-04-24

-More+Muyi 2012-04-30

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I really thought this week was our week all early to mid April filers. Seeing a couple of others from the 24th and others around my date seemed like a good sign..........sigh.......another week gone......another @%#£ weekend ahead. Take care all.

NVC is dedicating Fridays for RFEs, They have given a bunch of them just for today. This all game will end One day.

Edited by April_Filler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'll be on vacation next week ( cruise to the Bahamas)_it would be kind of nice and special to get our approval while we're together!!! At least that way, we could celebrate next to each other!!! :)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys:

Being a April Filer, I thought I will ask you guys for some help. It's a country specific question for India but some how I couldn't find any information on this, maybe some of you guys must have come across some thing to help me in this regard. NVC has dispatched the approval to New Delhi Us Embassy on Oct 9. Now, My query is Packet 3 will be sent to me by the US Embassy or do I have to scan the documents and send to the Embassy. I have tried calling the US Embassy but no luck no specific answer, the support office, also don't know things in regard...Just in the Dilemma, .. Please shed some light, if you any source.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.