TnJ

I-129F April 2012 filers

598 posts in this topic

We got it! We got it! We got it! 10:30 eastern time in the US, 8:30 in Panama where we are right now... while waking up...... yayyyyyy! Jumping and hugging in bed!

Finally! First thing Jarrod said: You might still make it in time for Christmas!

Thank you April fellow filers.

Now waiting a week to call NVC and get our number since we left the packet 3 ready with my mom down in Buenos Aires so she can deliver it to the embassy as soon as we get that case number. So happy... we were getting close to 200 days and losing our hope, but here it is!

:goofy: Congratulations! :goofy: It's about time, and you get to enjoy the moment in each other's company! Good luck. It moves fast now. :yes:

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We got it! We got it! We got it! 10:30 eastern time in the US, 8:30 in Panama where we are right now... while waking up...... yayyyyyy! Jumping and hugging in bed!

Finally! First thing Jarrod said: You might still make it in time for Christmas!

Thank you April fellow filers.

Now waiting a week to call NVC and get our number since we left the packet 3 ready with my mom down in Buenos Aires so she can deliver it to the embassy as soon as we get that case number. So happy... we were getting close to 200 days and losing our hope, but here it is!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :thumbs::dance:

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats Everyone that has been approved!!!!

I have a question maybe someone can help. I am going to the Philippines in Dec. to be with my fiancee for her interview and hopefully bring her home with me. Because of her Japan police clearance we have no idea how long it will take for her to be approved. My question is; Do I need to have a return flight to enter the Philippines? I am aware of the free 21 day tourist visa and that I can extend after said days. Can I get say a 2 month visa in the states before I depart just so I dont have to fly back to manila after the 21 days just to extend? Any advice would be great. thank you and good luck everyone!!!

Edited by Chris & Tiffy

Chris & Tiffy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats Everyone that has been approved!!!!

I have a question maybe someone can help. I am going to the Philippines in Dec. to be with my fiancee for her interview and hopefully bring her home with me. Because of her Japan police clearance we have no idea how long it will take for her to be approved. My question is; Do I need to have a return flight to enter the Philippines? I am aware of the free 21 day tourist visa and that I can extend after said days. Can I get say a 2 month visa in the states before I depart just so I dont have to fly back to manila after the 21 days just to extend? Any advice would be great. thank you and good luck everyone!!!

The immigration policy in the Philippines says you must have a return ticket, but when I entered they never asked or looked. The safe way to go would be to buy a ticket that allows changes for minimal or no fees. You can try calling th Philippines embassy here in the states to clarify.

K1 Visa Timeline:

03/21/2012 Met in person

03/23/2012 Engaged

04/09/2012 I-129F mailed

04/13/2012 I-129F Received at TSC, forwarded to VSC

04/13/2012 NOA1 Date

04/13/2012 Check Cashed

04/19/2012 Received NOA1 letter

10/18/2012 NOA2-No RFE

10/23/2012 Received MNL case number from NVC

10/24/2012 Paid visa fee and scheduled interview

11/08/2012 Medical Completed

11/09/2012 CFO seminar and interview completed

11/19/2012 Interview USEM- VISA APPROVED

11/26/2012 Passport (and visa) in transit from post

11/27/2012 Visa Packet delivered/Air booked-business class all the way!!

12/05/2012 flew to Manila-CFO sticker-USA Bound

12/06/2012 Arrived USA-POE Washington DC!!!!!!!!!

12/12/2012 Wedding

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

so another week passes and still not heard anything! this process is now getting on my last nerve now!

I concur with you. I'm getting more irritable by the day now. I've called everyone I can think of and so far to no avail. There seems to be very little method to the approvals, skipping over days and approving ones days after. Makes no sense to me and I will just be glad with this is overwith and can move on with life. There's no such thing as TGIF anymore for me, it's now TGIM just so I can once again hope for 5 days in a row.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i know exactly what you mean! its a horrible process, like you said, there is no order or anything which makes no sence, people from may have got approved, #######!!! i really do wish you the best because this situation we are forced into is no good for anyone!

event.png

Well, I don't think this will actually make you feel better, but we were pretty much the last people approved from our day April 18th. It took them 190 days... we thought that we were doomed for an RFE since all the people around us ( I kept an excel spread sheet with all those numbers) were getting one at the time... but no, approved with no other issue. We thought our case was simple, both never been married, in our 30's, both professional with post grad degrees, Jarrod owns his company, no kids... no red flags whatsoever and still... the last ones after 190 days. So honestly, there no logic in the way approvals are delivered for me. I guess what I'm trying to say is... just wait, it will happen. Sounds like the last thing you want to hear when the frustration is building up (trust me, I've been there), but it took me a long time and a lot of tears to figure out that it's not in our hands.

Good luck!

K1 NOA1: April 18th, 2012
K1 NOA2: October 25th, 2012 (190 days at VSC, NO RFE)
NVC number: November 1st, 2012 (7 days after NOA2)
INTERVIEW: November 29th, 2012 (APPROVED)
POE: December 14th, 2012 (Miami)
MARRIAGE: December 21st, 2012 (the end of the world! lol)
AOS SENT: December 26th, 2012
AOS NOA1: December 31st, 2012
AP/EAD NOA1: December 28th, 2012
BIOMETRICS: January 31st, 2013
AP/EAD APPROVAL: February 20th, 2013
AP/EAD card in the mail: March 2nd, 2013

GREEN CARD APPROVED: September 17th, 2013 (no interview)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

yeah i know and thanks, ive been following your progress seeing as you are in a similar time frame so congrats to you! my fiance has been married before but got all docs to prove she is divorced and i know her ex, we have become pretty good friends since me and michelle have been together and he sees i am good with their daughter! idk, im just tired, she is struggling and im powerless to help until they approve me, it sucks!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well, I don't think this will actually make you feel better, but we were pretty much the last people approved from our day April 18th. It took them 190 days... we thought that we were doomed for an RFE since all the people around us ( I kept an excel spread sheet with all those numbers) were getting one at the time... but no, approved with no other issue. We thought our case was simple, both never been married, in our 30's, both professional with post grad degrees, Jarrod owns his company, no kids... no red flags whatsoever and still... the last ones after 190 days. So honestly, there no logic in the way approvals are delivered for me. I guess what I'm trying to say is... just wait, it will happen. Sounds like the last thing you want to hear when the frustration is building up (trust me, I've been there), but it took me a long time and a lot of tears to figure out that it's not in our hands.

Good luck!

This actually does make me feel better because I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong with my petition. So many cases after mine have been either approved or RFE'd and it seems they just skip right over mine and move on. I feel so angry/confused each time I check my case status and it still says initial review!

event.png

event.png

This actually does make me feel better because I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong with my petition. So many cases after mine have been either approved or RFE'd and it seems they just skip right over mine and move on. I feel so angry/confused each time I check my case status and it still says initial review!

Jarrod&Vicky said it best. There are a number of variables that could hold a petition back from being approved before others. There is no one logical sequence to pin point here. In other words, dates of approvals NEVER coincide with dates submitted. Other than knowing the month, there is no way of telling which day they will approve next. The anxiety does kill though and make you wonder all kinds of things. Your mind is trying to make sense of something you have little to no information on (the shroud of darkness that is the waiting for what goes on behind closed doors at USCIS). There should be more information and less misinformation indeed. The misinformation only stresses us and confuses us more. I recently replied to a poster that contacted USCIS and told them about VisaJourney. The representative told them not to go by information here as it is not official. Okay. VisaJourney may not be "official", but you will get more official information here than you will get from one of them! Even if it is a gray area like waiting for your approval while someone that filed after you got approved, I am giving you more information than they ever would. The first time I called USCIS, they told me they weren't backlogged. Then, the very same rep. told me that waiting longer than normal was due to the volume of that particular petition! Contradictive much?! So see, there is nothing really consistent at this stage at least. It is very frustrating indeed. I am confident yours(all April filers as well) is coming any day now, and it will feel like a ton of bricks was lifted off your back when it does. I still think calling and putting on the pressure after 6 months would help some. Sooner or later, the "system" will allow for a service request, or a higher up can surely bypass and manually put one in.

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Yeah, completely agree. They are so unhelpful, and as far as I can tell, they probably didn't even touch the file until the day of the approval. In my case it seemed that the prediction that visajourney gives me on my timeline page matched the approval date.

PS congrats on approvals~!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.