basitirfan

administrative Processing _ Montreal

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Today my wife had the interview for IR-1/CR-1 visa at Montreal Consulate. I went along with her and we were first to be called for interview. She asked how we met, what I do and where she intends to live. During this time, she returned all the original civil documents and took the medical. After this, she went away and came back with the letter stating that additional Administrative Processing needed and will contact you for passport. She did not say that it was denied but told us that more processing is required and will contact my wife and then have her mail the passport to the consulate. Also gave a paper which told about the process of mailing the passport.

My query is that we have our reception planned in July 15th in New York. We have invested a lot of money and while this was mentioned to the Officer she said that my wife would not have problem crossing border but I do have other plans where we would not be returning back to US or Canada before end of September. What time frame should I expect to get a response back?

Spoke to lawyer and he stated that they should give you some sort of update in like 10-15 days. Give them that much time to verify.

She is a Canadian Citizen but was born in Pakistan so perhaps that could be a reason for the delay?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

She is a Canadian Citizen but was born in Pakistan so perhaps that could be a reason for the delay?

People from Pakistan are put through AP.

There is no set time - the US embassy can take as long as they want to handle the AP - a few months to a year. There isn't anything you can do but wait, and change your date for your reception.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The answer will not change if you post the topic again

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/360836-admistrative-processing/page__view__findpost__p__5267536

She is in AP and no one can predict when it will end.

Women are usually quicker AP then men from pakistan.

But women have been in AP 2 weeks till 1 year also

Men 1 week till 2 years

Good Luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

• 1 year later...
Filed: Timeline

was wondering whether the board control (CBP) has the info of her case, probably not.

so what happened? how long was she in AP?

if she has her passport - she could travel to the US, but she needs to have a lot of proof that she will RETURN to Canada to live/work

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.