earthboundfaerie

Problems with filing I-864

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My husband and I just arrived here from the Philippines about half a year ago, not really intending to move, we were visiting his family but we've decided to stay so we are now filing for my AOS (my husband and both sons are US citizens). We're almost done with all the other forms but we're still not sure about how to finish filling out I-864 since he only started working here a few months back so he only has tax returns for the past 5 months. Will this be enough? Will this be a problem for our I-864?

Tax returns go by year, not by months, So he does not have a tax return for a couple of months. He is required to file taxes every year, as a USC, no matter where in the world he worked.

You mean he he has paystubs for a few months? Usually they go by current income, so he should be okay if his current income is enough. I might have a co-sponsor lined up just in case, but I would submit based on current job. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tax returns go by year, not by months, So he does not have a tax return for a couple of months. He is required to file taxes every year, as a USC, no matter where in the world he worked.

You mean he he has paystubs for a few months? Usually they go by current income, so he should be okay if his current income is enough. I might have a co-sponsor lined up just in case, but I would submit based on current job. Good luck.

Sorry about that! Not too familiar with how tax returns work. :s But ya, he's been working for the past 5 months now so he has paystubs for those and is working on his tax paperwork right now so I assumed that this would be the one we would be submitting for the current year?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.