Elisinha

Folder? Binder? organizer?

34 posts in this topic

It depends on the case. Some people are asked more questions. Like, the VJ member that was at the interview with me, her husband (beneficiary) had a previous arrest or criminal record or something. And they got asked about it, as well as a few more questions. But nothing too hard. Probably defers by the CO as well. The lady I got I read about in reviews who didn't ask a lot of questions, so...

In the end, you got approved, which is what matters ;)

Lol, yeah, but I don't want to leave the forum with the impression that my husband or I have a criminal background..we do not! :thumbs:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, yeah, but I don't want to leave the forum with the impression that my husband or I have a criminal background..we do not! :thumbs:

laughing.gif Maybe the CO liked you guys so much, they wanted to ask more questions to know you guys better :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Oh, I know Nigeria is a completely different situation where you do have a good reason to be nervous. But, as this is in the Canadian sub-forum :P

LOL how did I get over here? Oh yeah, I saw folder, organizer and was intrigued. hehe you guys are lucky though. Okay happy trails.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Of course their are exceptions--based mainly on ur past! And if ur past involves coming from a Country which they deem a bit riskier, you may get a pile more questions or AP.

I got asked a handful of questions, but they were very basic.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

wow!!!!

Thank you guys, for posting your experiences here.. I am a "TOO MUCH" person ahahaha.. I had 3 binders and 4 simple paper folders where you can put one page of document. Anyway, i will review my paperwork and try to simplify. But, I want to have ONE folder or small binder with our ongoing relationship,cause that is something apart from documents etc..

Good luck to all!

Cam & Ellie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is what my folder and bag looked like: http://journeythroughimmigration.blogspot.com/2011/05/interview-tomorrow.html

The rings on your binder won't be a problem, as alizon said, since the binder will go through an x-ray machine (like at an airport with your carry-ons). It'll only be you going through the metal detector (so try not to wear any unnecessary jewelry). The thing you have to be concerned about is the SIZE of the binder. I know the consulate will not let anyone in with backpacks or laptop bags, and if your binder is too big (like, I mean oversized), then you can be refused.

HAHHAHAHHA Saylin, I set up my folder the exact same way and it is even the same color and same folder...it is amazing how heavy it is. Just a couple of more things to put in for my interview and then I am ready.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

HAHHAHAHHA Saylin, I set up my folder the exact same way and it is even the same color and same folder...it is amazing how heavy it is. Just a couple of more things to put in for my interview and then I am ready.

Haha, really? good.gif

And yeah, I weighed my folder. Five pounds. It was annoying to lug it around all morning of the interview, but it was packed with everything, so I felt reassured for the interview yes.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Another vote for accordion folder. I also bought some manila folders from the dollar store to hold small things (receipts, photos, etc.) together.

On the back of the folder I made a table of contents, and I also put a couple stickers listing my name and case number on the front.

Edited by pocheros

This is what my folder and bag looked like: http://journeythroughimmigration.blogspot.com/2011/05/interview-tomorrow.html

The rings on your binder won't be a problem, as alizon said, since the binder will go through an x-ray machine (like at an airport with your carry-ons). It'll only be you going through the metal detector (so try not to wear any unnecessary jewelry). The thing you have to be concerned about is the SIZE of the binder. I know the consulate will not let anyone in with backpacks or laptop bags, and if your binder is too big (like, I mean oversized), then you can be refused.

Wow, this is great Saylin, I was google searching for binders for visa interview and found this thread. Of course I should have just asked you from the start!

Thanks Saylin :thumbs:

Edited by WrightFamily

USCIS

05/29/2011: Married

08/12/2011: Sent I-130 packet.

08/15/2011: NOA1, Priority Date

02/22/2012: NOA2 - Approved

02/25/2012: NOA2 - Received hard copy in mail

NVC

03/06/2012: NVC received

03/07/2012: NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned

03/08/2012: DS3032 sent by email (auto response received immediately)

03/13/2012: Re-send DS3032 by email (auto response received immediately)

03/13/2012: Received (2)Email with DS-3032 Kit and AOS Bill instructions

03/14/2012: AOS bill appears as PAID

03/16/2012: Mailed AOS package (I-864)USPS EXPRESS

03/16/2012: DS-3032 Accepted Via Beneficiary Email (Took 8 DAYS from 1st Email)

03/20/2012: IV bill invoiced & paid $404.00

03/21/2012: IV bill Payment reflecting PAID / AOS checklist received

03/30/2012: IV package DS-230 sent via USPS Priority

04/02/2012: IV package Delivered @ 11:55 am w/signature

04/12/2012: Re-Sent DS-230 Part 1 W/Photocopy of receipt from Hong Kong Police Via USPS EXPRESS

04/13/2012: DS-230 Part 1 package Delivered to NVC ATTN:DR @11:52am

04/17/2012: CASE COMPLETE (41 Days @NVC)

04/22/2012: Request Expedite

04/24/2012: Expedite Approved!(2days)

04/25/2012: Case sent to U.S. Consulate General in HONG KONG

Medical / US Consulate / POE:

04/30/2012: U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong received

05/16/2012: Interview Scheduled May 22, 2012

05/22/2012: Interview APPROVED!!!!!!

05/26/2012: Visa in Hand (9 months 11 days from NOA1)

Wow, this is great Saylin, I was google searching for binders for visa interview and found this thread. Of course I should have just asked you from the start!

Thanks Saylin :thumbs:

Haha, amazing how many immigrant-related searches on Google links to VisaJourney laughing.gif

If you have any questions about my folder, I'd be glad to answer ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

wow!!!!

Thank you guys, for posting your experiences here.. I am a "TOO MUCH" person ahahaha.. I had 3 binders and 4 simple paper folders where you can put one page of document. Anyway, i will review my paperwork and try to simplify. But, I want to have ONE folder or small binder with our ongoing relationship,cause that is something apart from documents etc..

Good luck to all!

Okay Canadians (I hope other countries can eavesdrop) here's the million dollar question. How do you trim down hundreds of pages of Emails, IM, Chat. Logs are no issue its the mountain of emails. I mean just the 1 tear we used Facebook to solely email it's 759 pages I copied and pasted into a word document. Goodness. I just filed so have alot of time so whats' your expert advice.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Okay Canadians (I hope other countries can eavesdrop) here's the million dollar question. How do you trim down hundreds of pages of Emails, IM, Chat. Logs are no issue its the mountain of emails. I mean just the 1 tear we used Facebook to solely email it's 759 pages I copied and pasted into a word document. Goodness. I just filed so have alot of time so whats' your expert advice.

What I would suggest: just take a page or two from each source for each month. So 1-2 pages of emails from January, February, March, etc, 1-2 pages of IMs from January, February, March, etc, 1-2 pages of .... etc etc. This will show the CO (if evidence is needed) that the relationship is continuing and evolving throughout the process. This would be better than bringing thousands of pages in which the CO will likely not look at; that's way too much, even for Nigeria I think.

Timeline

My fiancee and I have been together for almost 5 years so what I did was take 1 phone bill from each year showing our long distance calls, a photocopy of 1 travel ticket for each year, 1 email from each year (the good or not so good if we had a fight) and 1 photo of us together from each year. I also threw in the engagement ring receipt and a copy of a couple of stamped envelopes and cards that he had sent. That was all I submitted with our K1 petition and that seemed to be okay.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Timeline

I know the game is much different (and harder) in Nigeria, but at no point during this process did I ever share an email or chat log with USCIS. I just felt like they were our private conversations and I didn't want to share with others. But we visited each other every 6-8 weeks for 4 years, so there was plenty of other evidence to draw on. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with using them, every experience is different! But here in Canada there tends to be less need for this kind of evidence, because a lot of us are lucky enough to see each other more than a typical cross-ocean relationship.

I would narrow it down to a few select conversations that show your commitment to the relationship, future plans, etc. Conversations about stuff like your work day or dinner plans may not be too helpful :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.