Wagura

I-485 interview after proceedings termination- no decision

12 posts in this topic

My hubby (USC ) and I went for our green card interview three days ago. Our lawyer had asked us to be prepared incase we were separated since I got married while I was under removal. The proceedings were however terminated last year to allow me to AoS thru USCIS. We had plans to get married six months before I was put on removal - and we had proof of that and inaddition to that my Father in- law wrote a very strong affidavit. We had a lot of joint docs, my husband and I had lived in the same address ever since I came to US, I had school transcript and tuition tax documents showing I attended college until I fell out of F1 status etc. So anyway, when we got to the interview, As usual the interviewer had an attitude going but she sort of "warmed up" after we settled down. She started by asking my hubby questions such as where I was picked up ( my hubby couldn't remember the name of the street or number of my friend's house but he remembered the city and my friend's name ) then she went ahead to ask my full names etc why we moved from our previous address and whether we knew that we would be moving to that address before he petitioned - which he answered no. After she was done, she smilingly told me that she likes asking men questions that are hard for them to remember that way if they get them wrong ... That's how much they have to cook for their wives ( we all laughed) . She proceeded to ask me if I had my school transcript by any chance - luckily I had it. Then she asked me about 4 questions about my hubby which I answered well and ofcourse the no no no questions before she said that she was satisfied .My lawyer had taken out the wedding album and family album - she didn't even look at them -ouch!!!!! Well that is because she had in our file about ten pictures - I spent a lot of time getting those hot pics together I really wish she opened our tasteful album... lol. She had received two calls in the middle of the interview requiring her to interview two more couples so she told us that she was backed up for the day so she wouldn't be able to approve on the spot. She however hinted I should get a decision in less than the 60 days because "she knew who I was married to." I really hate the waiting period. I just want to get that decision.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Topic has been moved from AOS from a family based visa entry to AOS Case Filing and Progress Reports from a student, work or visitor visa entry as OP is adjusting status from a Student visa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wagura,

That sounds like a very positive experience. It will be frustrating to wait until you receive official notification of your approval, but I would be very, very surprised if you don't get your approval.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Great interview experience.

STANLEY & KAREN
01/15/2009 - Fedex I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-765, G-325A
01/20/2009 - Received in mail-room and signed for by J CHYBA
01/28/2009 - Checks cashed by Homeland Security
02/02/2009 - Received in mail 3 pcs of NOA1 one each for I-485, I-130, I-765 dated 01/28/2009
02/03/2009 - Received email RFE. What did I not send now, whew!
02/09/2009 - Received mails for initial evidence and Biometric appointment (02/19/2009); mailed evidence
02/19/2009 - biometrics done - in a out in 45 minutes
03/14/2009 - Receive NOA2 dated 03/10/2009. AOS interview April 29, 2009
03/18/2009 - Touched. EAD Card production ordered
03/25/2009 - Touched. EAD approval sent
03/27/2009 - EAD card received in the mail; applied for SS# immediately (office is across the street from my home)
04/02/2009 - Received SS# in the mail
04/29/2009 - Interviewed. I- 130 approved, I-485 pending IO's review
05/05/2009 - Received NOA2. Welcome letter for Permanent Residency. I-130 and I-485 approved 04/30/2009
05/08/2009 - Touched. I-485 approval letter sent
05/11/2009 - GC received in the mail. Expires 2019
05/11/2009 - Applied to remove restrictions on my SS Card
05/18/2009 - Received unrestricted SS card

10/13/2009 - My darling husband of 2 yrs 5 months 3 weeks 3 days passed away :(

Naturalization Process (5 Yrs Later) :goofy:

Mar 28, 2014 - Mailed N-400
Apr 08, 2014 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2014 - Receive Notice letter Priority date April 3, 2014
Apr 11, 2014 - Touched - Email - Biometrics letter mailed
May 08, 2014 - Biometrics done
May 12, 2014 - Touched - Email - In line for interview scheduling
July 12, 2014 - Pre-interview letter (Yellow letter) received in mail
Aug 20, 2014 - Touched - Email - Interview scheduled
Aug 25, 2014 - Interview scheduled for Sept. 24, 2014
Sept 24, 2014 - Passed interview
Oct 06, 2014 - Touched - Email - In oath scheduling que
Oct 08, 2014 - Touched - Text - Oath ceremony scheduled
Oct 14, 2014 - Received letter - Oath ceremony Oct 28, 2014
Oct 28, 2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN! :joy: :joy: :joy:
Nov 12, 2014 - Updated my status from permanent resident to citizen at Social Security
Nov 14, 2014 - Applied for US passport
Nov 29, 2014 - Received US passport book
Dec 01, 2014 - Received Passport card
Dec 04, 2014 - Received Naturalization Certificate

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

** I am adjusting my status through marriage to a USC not through F1.**

You came there, to the USA, though an F1 student visa, ie you are adjusting FROM an F1, not a Family Visa such as a K1 fiance visa.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

It has been almost two weeks since I went for the interview. No word yet about approval or anything. I know patience patience patience but it is nerve wrecking!! Is it a good or a bad thing that my passport wasn't stamped neither was my Employment Card taken? Thanks guys.

Taken EAD doesn't state anything, I was approved and I still have my card for souvenir. Your case is not simple, so IO told you 60-days windows time, then you have to wait.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

• 1 month later...

Ohh boy!! 2 months and I am still waiting to get a word from the IO. No updates, nothing in the mail, the uscis customer service have no info either. My lawyer keeps saying that everything will be fine which I agree but it's nerve wracking!! Was hoping to travel home for my siz memorial this month but I guess not :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ohh boy!! 2 months and I am still waiting to get a word from the IO. No updates, nothing in the mail, the uscis customer service have no info either. My lawyer keeps saying that everything will be fine which I agree but it's nerve wracking!! Was hoping to travel home for my siz memorial this month but I guess not :(

Has it been over 60 days at this point?

Never mind I looked and see that it hasn't. Give it another week and see what happens. Sometimes they leave it right to that 60 day line.

Edited by jdh

July 2005 - met my awesome, hot, amazing love in Lousiana.
July 2006 - Married said love and moved to Canada.
June 2011 - Entered US to visit family, decided to stay.
Feb. 2012 - Sent paperwork to Chicago.

May 2012 - Received green card.

Day 0 - Package sent to Chicago Lockbox - 02/27/2012
Day 2 - UPS Tracking Confirmation - 02/29/2012
Day 4 - NOA Emails Received - 03/02/2012
Day 7 - All Checks Cashed - 03/05/2012
Day 11 - Hard Copy NOA's Received - 03/09/2012
Day 11 - Biometrics Appointment Received - 03/09/2012
--------- - Booked for - 04/03/2012 (day 36)
Day 35 - Early Biometricts Walk-in - 04/02/2012
Day 44 - Received Appointment Letter - 04/11/2012
Day 58 - EAD Approval Online - 04/25/2012
Day 63 - EAD in the mail - 04/30/2012
Day 65 - EAD in hand - 05/02/2012
Day 77 - AOS Interview - 05/14/2012
Day 77 - AOS Approved!
Day 84 - Green Card In Hand - 05/21/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Please to fill out your official VJ timeline over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=128526

Thanks so much !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I got this I-130 notice "On May 14, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we certified our approval of this case and sent it to the appropriate appellate body for review. They will notify you directly when they make a final decision. If you move while this case is pending, follow the instructions provided in the notice and use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283." my I-485 has not been updated since August last year. What does this notice mean?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.