TiredOfUSCIS

USCIS contacted after became a US citizen

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

why do you have to remove the address of the uscis office?? or you making this up and your pretending to remove certain things because you dont actually know it??

OK, just to make this clearly understood:

USCIS never sends any import communication by email only!

If this was some kind of a "really late request for evidence", it would come with postal mail.

For extra clarification, you could check if that email contains your A# anywhere.

If it doesn't - simply delete it and forget about it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Best thing to do is just call USCIS and explain this email to them to see if there is anything to it. @uscis.dhs.gov does appear to be a valid address used by USCIS/DHS or as best a quick Google search does show link with that to valid USCIS pages. If this is spam or a scam I can't see the point of it unless it is just to "punk" the recipient. Call to be safe.

Cheers,

“A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy.”

~George Jean Nathan~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

USCIS would never send something important like a request to appear via email (at least without first contacting you another way, like mail).

Anyone can fake a From address in an email. I could do it right now. If you want some technical help, post the full headers of the email.

Call if you like, make an INFOPASS if you're still unsure, but I seriously doubt this is valid.

I-129F / K-1 / AOS:

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview in Montreal - VISA GRANTED!

2009-11-21: POE - Moved to be with my fiancee :)

2010-01-23: Married!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

2010-04-30: Received Green Card

ROC:

2012-03-12: Sent I-751 package to VSC

2012-03-13: I-751 package arrived at VSC (Hi D. Renaud!)

2012-03-14: NOA1

2012-03-15: I-751 check cashed

2012-03-19: Received NOA1

2012-03-27: Received biometrics appt. notice for 2012-04-19 in Buffalo

2012-04-09: Successful early walk-in biometrics at Cleveland ASC

2012-12-04: I-751 APPROVED / 10 YR GC PRODUCTION ORDERED!

Naturalization:

2015-11-30: Here we go again: Filling out the N-400

2015-12-21: Sent N-400 to Phoenix AZ Lockbox

2015-12-23: NOA Date

2016-01-20: Biometrics in Cleveland

2016-01-25: In-line for interview

2016-01-25: Interview scheduled!

2016-01-29: Received interview letter! Scheduled for...

2016-02-29: Interview in Cleveland - APPROVED!

2016-03-18: Naturalization ceremony in Cleveland! I am a US Citizen!

look at the email headers and check the originating server. how you do that will depend on what email client you are using.

if you are using gmail, you can click the dropdown menu and pick "Show Original" and check the "Received" or "x-originating-ip" line.

Click on REPLY to the email and I bet it goes elsewhere. Spammers do that to get your info.

Edited by Robert&Karen

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Checking my emails from the USCIS, format is firstname.lastname@dhs.gov. Know this is perfectly valid as the persons name on it was the same person I spoke to on the phone.

Received faked emails many times, can use tricks to put a false email address in the context of the email, but not in the header.

Curious as to what that document is, but no details on how you applied, marriage or five year, criminal record? With over 5,000 cases pending now after receiving naturalization for possible faults, could very well be a real email. You should know if any trouble areas exist, rest of us are just guessing.

I'd guess this is fake to and someone is just trying to make you scared.

Email addresses are simple to fake. A number have of people have said this is not a valid email address based on the domain used. Actually it is a valid subdomain which can receive email, as the look up (posted below) for a valid mail server shows. If you want to know more about where it was sent from, we'd need to see the complete headers of the email. Also it is a good thing to at least split any valid email address posted in public. You could be setting up an innocent real person who's email address was forged for more spam.

; <<>> DiG 9.6-ESV-R4 <<>> -t MX uscis.dhs.gov

;; global options: +cmd

;; Got answer:

;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 56254

;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 4, ADDITIONAL: 4

;; QUESTION SECTION:

;uscis.dhs.gov. IN MX

;; ANSWER SECTION:

uscis.dhs.gov. 12532 IN MX 10 mail.us.messaging.microsoft.com.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Checking my emails from the USCIS, format is firstname.lastname@dhs.gov. Know this is perfectly valid as the persons name on it was the same person I spoke to on the phone.

Received faked emails many times, can use tricks to put a false email address in the context of the email, but not in the header.

Curious as to what that document is, but no details on how you applied, marriage or five year, criminal record? With over 5,000 cases pending now after receiving naturalization for possible faults, could very well be a real email. You should know if any trouble areas exist, rest of us are just guessing.

From the OP post it says to bring ID and Naturalization Certificate. Is it possible they want to take the Certificate back from OP? I thought there is a legal process to revoke the Citizenship and can be lengthy to revoke USC once it is approved. From what I understand with they can revoke USC status at any time in the future for possible violations of US laws and they made it easier to approve USC and easier to take away the USC.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have received an email this morning from USCIS asking me to show up at the USCIS office due to missing documents. I became a US citizen more than 6 months now.

I would love to see all the header info from this email

I-130

2011-08-20 Posted

2011-08-31 NOA1

2011-09-03 Touch

2011-11-18 Sent Expedite Request to USCIS

2011-12-09 Response Received for Exepedite Request

"Wait your turn" in a nutshell

2011-12-02 Sent Expedite Request to US Representative Ed Royce

2012-01-27 Sent Expedite Request to Immigration Ombudsman

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Barbara Boxer

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Dianne Feinstein

2012-03-08 Case transferred to field office for additional processing

2012-03-23 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-05-10 Transferred to another office for processing

2012-05-14 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-06-05 Approved NOA2

2012-07-17 NVC Case/Invoice # Received

Petitioner: US Born Citizen (Wife)

Beneficiary: British Born Citizen (Husband)

Your I-130 was approved in 279 days from your NOA1 date

From the OP post it says to bring ID and Naturalization Certificate. Is it possible they want to take the Certificate back from OP? I thought there is a legal process to revoke the Citizenship and can be lengthy to revoke USC once it is approved. From what I understand with they can revoke USC status at any time in the future for possible violations of US laws and they made it easier to approve USC and easier to take away the USC.

I doubt that they would hope to accomplish this, but sending nothing other than an email.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

why do you have to remove the address of the uscis office?? or you making this up and your pretending to remove certain things because you dont actually know it??

I agree with you. The OP didn't include the sender's email address, office location, and the name of the sender. Looks bogus, and a waste of time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Here is the e-mail and sender's address. Sorry I have to remove certain information.

!!U R G E N T!!

Dear xxxx:

It has come to our attention that an important document is missing from your immigration file. Please print this e-mail and bring it with you to the USCIS office in XXX,XX, IMMEDIATELY. You may chose any day M-F 8a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please ask for Ms. XXXXX.

If you no longer reside in XXX, or XXX, please reply to this e-mail with your new contact information.

Please have with you a photo I.D. and your original Naturalization Certificate.

The address is:

USCIS

XXXXXX

XXXXXX

Sincerely,

XxxxX

Immigration Service Assistant, OA

If it is indeed the person you suspect, it sounds like they want to get your home address and phone number. Nothing would be gained from you showing up at a USCIS office, but you simply replying with your personal info would be a score for them.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.