person

Reason for Denial

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi,

I don't know what to put in the "reason for denial" section. Whatever it was, it wasn't even true, as the purpose of the trip was indeed tourism.. I don't think it's a good idea to remind them of that poor reasoning, especially if they have it saved in the records anyway. What do you guys think?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi,

I don't know what to put in the "reason for denial" section. Whatever it was, it wasn't even true, as the purpose of the trip was indeed tourism.. I don't think it's a good idea to remind them of that poor reasoning, especially if they have it saved in the records anyway. What do you guys think?

maybe try again but do not start your question in mid paragraph. What are you doing/answering? Denial for what?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

"as the purpose of the trip was indeed tourism.."

the only reason for denial for that - not enough proof of coming back. they were supposed to tell you reason at the time of interview for tourist visa

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Denial for B1/B2, to your question.

You could write "assumed immigrant intent".

Are you applying for a tourist visa now, or is this on your CR-1 visa forms or what? I assume you're applying for another tourist visa... make sure you take LOTS of evidence to make it clear there's no immigrant intent.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Denial for B1/B2, to your question.

If you know the reason for the denial then type that reason. If a reason was not given, type reason not given.

You're right, they do already have this information available, which is why it's important to fill it out correctly.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

'214b'

This rather cryptic response can be explained here: http://travel.state....grams_2173.html

Basically, it means failing to convince the immigration authority that the person requesting a visa does not have immigrant intent and will return home after their visit to the US. Any further visa applications should be accompanied by lots of proof to show why the applicant not only will, but needs to, return home after the visit. Jobs, family. financial obligations, financial benefits, property ownership, etc. all count as good evidence of ties that will bring a person back home after a visit to the US.

This is probably the most common reason for the denial of a visitor visa.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.