John25

Frequent Visits on the Vwp while K1 is pending?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You do not have any ties, desperately trying to make some up is not likely to of much help IF they decide to give you the 3rd degree.

Chances are they will not, but you never know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Thanks for the replies again,i agree about the special reason of spending a lot of time in the Us.

What is a 3rd degree?I am sorry but i am new to the site and i don't really know the exact terms. :/

So,the job i am planning on taking when i get back is not really considered a tie to my country and/or my home-phone bills or that i will have a return ticket?

I am not trying to sound weird or over-positive,i just never went through all those another time,that's why i ask all those information and what is really considered a tie to my home country.

Timeline

So you are cancelling the K1 as you have a job now to go back to?

VWP requires a return ticket.

I do not understand how the telephone bill comes into the equation.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

So you are cancelling the K1 as you have a job now to go back to?

VWP requires a return ticket.

I do not understand how the telephone bill comes into the equation.

No,ofc i am not cancelling the K1 visa.I will just stay to my country till october the most so that i can gather the expenses for when i am in the US permanently because i read somewhere that it takes some time from the moment that you apply for a work-permit till you will be granded that.

Hopefully the whole K1 visa procedure will be completed till the end of August the latest,i thought i had 6 months period from when the K1 is issued to get in the US(not that i will use all that period,i will most likely just use a month).

About the ties to my home country,i am living with my parents right now(so i don't have a rent agreement),i don't have a permanent job(noone would hire me with all that back and forth travelling,that's why i agreed on a job when i get back from my trip),the only thing that i have to pay in my name in my country is the phone bill(that's why i mention it,i don't even know if it is considered a tie).

So,with those documents,(NOA1,Return ticket,Letter of intent to be hired and proof that i can support myself there),i am likely to be denied? :/

P.S The trip is in 2 days,i will risk it but i want to be prepared for the worst and know my chances.

Filed: Timeline

While I can't say anything about having a K1...I can only share my experiences with travelling frequently on the VWP..

I think you shouldn't worry, most people are not asked questions esp coming from Europe. BUT you've been there a lot in a short time and you're staying for 86 days. For me, saying I was staying for 89 days led to second questioning right away... it means they take you in a separate area of the airport for further questioning. Made me nervous for sure even though I had nothing to hide really.

In this case they want to see your return ticket, ask who you visit, why for so long, how much money you have and what you do in your home country.

They NEVER asked me for any papers apart from return ticket ( e ticket print out), they just took my word for all the rest and they use their computer a lot (probably trying to find stuff about you that could make them deny you).

Like I said in your case they may ask different things since you have this K1..

good luck and enjoy your stay :)

While I can't say anything about having a K1...I can only share my experiences with travelling frequently on the VWP..

I think you shouldn't worry, most people are not asked questions esp coming from Europe. BUT you've been there a lot in a short time and you're staying for 86 days. For me, saying I was staying for 89 days led to second questioning right away... it means they take you in a separate area of the airport for further questioning. Made me nervous for sure even though I had nothing to hide really.

In this case they want to see your return ticket, ask who you visit, why for so long, how much money you have and what you do in your home country.

They NEVER asked me for any papers apart from return ticket ( e ticket print out), they just took my word for all the rest and they use their computer a lot (probably trying to find stuff about you that could make them deny you).

Like I said in your case they may ask different things since you have this K1..

good luck and enjoy your stay :)

Thanks for the infos :) I really worry more than a lot,i just don't want something to go wrong(not that i can do anything to prevent it),i just try to be prepared with enough papers and hope for the best i guess.

I searched a little bit about the proof of ties to my home country,the only things that i have is a house at my parent's name with whom i am staying which is on a mortgage,a bank statement from my home country which just says that i have money here and my tax return/papers from 2011 with the income that i had.

I don't even know if those count for anything but its the best i can do unfortunately :/

Edited by John25

Well I've been in similar kind of situation. I had been visiting my husband in US last year:

1)first from April to June (this visit was 70 days),

then we went to Europe for a month,

2)Second visit from mid July to early October (85 days)

Then back to Finland for 2 months.

3) Third visit from early December to mid February.

The first trip I had only my return ticket to show I'm returning (was lucky at POE and no deeper questioning.)

Second trip we had our NOA1, my return ticket and I even mentioned I was with my US husband (no problem, again lucky at POE.)

Before the third visit I did purposely stay 2 months away as frequent LONG visits can cause questioning at POE and I had already been in US quite a lot.

On third visit I was way more prepared as I had already visited 2 times for longer periods. I had our NOA1 and NOA2, my medical done with doctor's letter from it, letter from my doctor in my home medical clinic as I had to do still few things when I return, email from the US embassy in Finland saying that it's ok to go visit US with WVP while CR-1 is pending (- adds them saying but it's up to the POE to decide though -), my return ticket and all our CR-1 application papers with the receipts from all the payments we had paid for the process. It was in the last stages of our CR-1 process, so I had no job in Finland and was living then with my parents. So didn't really have all the "good" proofs, like rent or job, that would show that I'm returning of course.

At POE the officer asked who am I visiting in US, and I said my husband. He did ask me few extra questions (including that he is American, when did we get married and where, the length of my previous visits, when am I going back) to which I replied honestly and clearly (I think it's good to say exact dates and times, clear answers). He wrote something to his computer and then welcomed me in. He didn't ask to see any proof (my return ticket etc) but I think it was good thing to be prepared.

You've been visiting frequently, but the good thing is that every time you also returned. As you've already decided to go, then I would advice: dress smartly, answer honestly and clearly, and have any letter or paper you could think of for showing you're clearly coming back. Maybe your USC fiance could write a letter that you are her fiance and that you are traveling back (with the exact date of return) and that then you will be in your home country until the K1 process is done. Or any similar kind of letter?

On the third visit I was also prepared that they might send me back as our CR-1 was pending, so I guess it's good to be prepared for that. Luckily was welcomed in, and I hope you will be too! Whatever happens it's at least good proof to show at the K1 interview that you've been visiting your honey a lot.

Good luck!! :thumbs:

(would be nice to know if all went well btw, which I hope it will!)

USCIS
Our case accepted at USCIS 6/6/2011
NOA1 6/7/2011
NOA2 10/6/2011

NVC
Our case arrives finally to NVC 11/2/2011
NVC case number assigned 11/23/2011
NVC case complete 12/8/2011!!! smile.pngsmile.png

Interview
Interview first assigned for 1/4/2012, but then rescheduled to 2/22/2012 as my hubby and I went on vacation.
2/22/2012 interview done and approved smile.png
2/28/12 My visa pick up from the embassy.
3/25/12 POE JFK

ROC

1/10/14 Roc package sent

1/13/14 NOA1 date

1/15/14 check cashed by CSC

2/07/14 Biometrics appointment

6/17/14 Card production ordered (ROC approved)

Timeline

So your 'job' will last from June to September?

Filed: Timeline

I've been in the US several times on VWP, visiting my gf.

I had problems just one time when the CBP officer questioned me for like 10 minutes (same few questions asked different times), but he didn't send me to secondary.

I was a student, so I used to bring with me papers from University, together with bank statements, return ticket, but they never asked me to show anything.

Just say the truth, never lie and you'll be fine. My advice is not to try to "make up" evidence of ties to your country. When questioned it's easy to get confused.

So your 'job' will last from June to September?

Yes,pretty much,its a ''seasonal'' job to cover some expenses as i said before cause they are in need that time of the year.

Thanks everyone for the information,i will surely let you know how things will go,the trip is almost there,so i will know if i am denied or not really soon.

Yes,pretty much,its a ''seasonal'' job to cover some expenses as i said before cause they are in need that time of the year.

Thanks everyone for the information,i will surely let you know how things will go,the trip is almost there,so i will know if i am denied or not really soon.

So,today i signed the contract with the company,stating that i have been hired from the company to work with the exact dates on and any other spesific information required,if they won't accept that either,then i dunno what else they will to be honest.

So i will take only that,my return ticket,my bank statements,the NOA1 paper,letter from parents that i am living with them and maybe a letter from my fiance as R and L said.But that's all.

I hope that things will go well and i will be allowed in,if not,at least i tried. :)

Just updating,travelled to the US,i was legally accepted on friday.

Just a couple of questions asked,i said i was visiting my fiance,the officer didn't ask me if i had a K1 pending(i didn't mention it cause i said it was my fiance that i was visiting).

No papers asked,nothing asked for,i was done in 1 minute.Thank you everyone for your great advice. :)

Just a question,i had emailed the US embassy over to my country asking them if i can use the VWP to travel to the US while K1 is pending.

The answer i got was that i will not be able to use the VWP and visit while K1 is pending o.O

Will there be any problem now?Or i mean,if anyone knows,can they call me and tell me that i need to leave the US now that i entered legally and the cbp officer let me throw?

I know that the answer is probably a no and i am going to leave in time,i just got curious after the answer from the embassy,lol.

Again,thanx everyone and the amazing site that you have here :D

You can still use VWP while K-1 is pending. All the same advice about frequency applies. Have a great holiday.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.