amy1

Few Questions

6 posts in this topic

Hello Fellow VJ'ers!

I found this site while searching for answers.

Is there anyone going through Abu Dhabi for Visa? If so, were you put in AP? and how long on average does it take to go through AP?

Will there be a 2nd interview?

hi , we went through Abi Dhabi and got AP WE HAVE BEEN IN AP FOR A WEEK..dosent compare to others on here. From what i have seen and what the website says ....few weeks to 6 month with Abu Dhabi. Most cases in 3 months and few in 6. Read my postings lot of answers from people in there. I dont know if there will be a 2nd interview as i have wondered the same thing. Allah be with us!

Filed: Timeline

85 views and no reply? is there no one out there who has been thu abu dhabi?

Hey Amy,

I am from Dubai and was interviewed at the Abu Dhabi Embassy. What is it that you are trying to figure out here?

My interview experience was pretty short and sweet. My wife is a Legal Permanent Resident and we waited a long time before the interview. It barely lasted 5 minutes though. I was NOT put in to Administrative Processing. They did, however, take my passport to run some checks but the issued the visa fairly quickly.

Let me know what you'd like to know.

Good Luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is your spouse originally from UAE? or from another country working in UAE? If they are from outside UAE, they will have to go through checks from their own country and UAE, which could take longer.

My husband had his interview in Qatar (Doha) because he was working there, but he is originally from Egypt, so his background check was for Qatar & Egypt.

See my timeline below, we spent 12 weeks in AP, which is a little shorter than average for MENA AP.

Good luck :star:

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

US embassy in UAE had access to check your background from your home country? I think they only check the data of their own agencies because no country share it's information. I could be wrong?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.