Lililand

Interview, who should answer?

56 posts in this topic

My fiancee is a filipina living in dubai and so will interview in abu dhabi. Should I the petitioner be there when she has her interview?

The petitioner is allowed in the embassy but based on my experience and others who have gone through Abu Dhabi from PH I would say it is absolutely optional and not necessary.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

In Lima, it's a good idea for the petitioner to be present, but not mandatory.

My fiance's interview is Wednesday this week. Because of the lack of reports of problems or potential issues, we decided that we'd prefer to have that extra flight money in our bank instead of with the airline. Of course, that being said, I am gonna check flights right now for a superbargain just in case it happens and I CAN rush down there...

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

My fiance's interview is Wednesday this week. Because of the lack of reports of problems or potential issues, we decided that we'd prefer to have that extra flight money in our bank instead of with the airline. Of course, that being said, I am gonna check flights right now for a superbargain just in case it happens and I CAN rush down there...

I think that with K-1s in particular, I've noticed a lot of fiances in the VJ community going without the petitioner without issue.

Timeline

I think that with K-1s in particular, I've noticed a lot of fiances in the VJ community going without the petitioner without issue.

Are there many fiances in any other kind of visa?

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm not implying that whatsoever. With K-1s, I've noticed most beneficiaries are going to their interviews alone without any issue in Lima.

The point is that Lima is generally on the easygoing side as far as consulate interviews go and if you have a red flag-free case, it would not necessarily be prudent to spend precious money on a flight to accompany the beneficiary.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, they need to stop posting in the K1 forum, only those requiring Manila specific information are allowed to do that!. :whistle:

.... almost fun. NOT.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Oh, not at all, no man (lucky you, and compassionate you, to help with the kids, si man!). The way you put it above, it sure sounded like one.

Si, man (sigh, man).

What is stokes interview ??

sad_love_quote_13.gif

event.png[/img]

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You worrying about things you dont need to and thinking up a problems. If both of you are there then there should not be many questions. They will ask questions of whom they want to and in my case there were questions for me and my Fiancee but they were minor. The questions are for those whose relationship appears to be suspect. The fact that both of you are there speaks for itself. When I went to my Fiancee's interview the lady at the first window stamped our file "Petitioner is here" to let the other inteviewer know. He asked a few questions of her then spoke to me just saying he was making sure all paperwork that was need was in the packet and letting me know we were approved. Its no big deal so dont worry about it. If you have met your Fiancee a couple of times and it is documented in your packet then your are at the interview I don't see you being turned down unless there is a major problem like she had been married before and didnt get divorce of something of that nature.

I (petitioner) was strongly scolded for answering questions at our AOS interview. For the K-1 it is an interview of the beneficiary, so they should answer all questions unless the officer specifically requests the petitioner's input.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

interview is for the alien. Beneficiary should answer all questions unless CO purposely addresses Petitioner.

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-07-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-07-03

Packet 4 Received : 2011-07-21

Interview Date : 2011-08-24

Interview Result :Approved!

POE: 2011-09-12

Married: 2011-09-30

AOS filed: 2011-10-17

NOA1: 2011-10-25

Biometrics Appt: 2011-11-09

Case transferred to CSC: 2011-12-23

EAD approval: 2011-12-28

Husband secretly pulled I-864 thus cancelling I-485 application 2012-05-10

F22zm4.png[/center]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The petitioner is allowed in the embassy but based on my experience and others who have gone through Abu Dhabi from PH I would say it is absolutely optional and not necessary.

Thanks for the reply.

Filed: Other Timeline

THE INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED TO THE BENEFICIARY SO HE/SHE SHOULD BE THE ONE ANSWERING ALL QUESTIONS, UNLESS YOU ARE ASKED DIRECTLY. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO APPEAR BUT IF YOU DO GO, IT WOULD BE UP TO THEM TO ALLOW YOU IN AND I'M SURE THEY WILL LET YOU KNOW IF THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO ANSWER ANYTHING.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

THE INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED TO THE BENEFICIARY SO HE/SHE SHOULD BE THE ONE ANSWERING ALL QUESTIONS, UNLESS YOU ARE ASKED DIRECTLY. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO APPEAR BUT IF YOU DO GO, IT WOULD BE UP TO THEM TO ALLOW YOU IN AND I'M SURE THEY WILL LET YOU KNOW IF THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO ANSWER ANYTHING.

Why are you yelling?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.