Iyawo_Omo_Yoruba

Bona Fide Relationship requirements??

41 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

How did you file taxes as married without a social for your spouse. I was going to do that but the form requires a social.

or an ITIN. Search 'ITIN' here with the advanced search tool, from a PC, when you have time.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How did you file taxes as married without a social for your spouse. I was going to do that but the form requires a social.

If you haven't filed already, call the IRS and ask them. I filed Head of Household. I am not sure about how it works when you aren't head of household, but the IRS will help you through it if you just explain your situation. Sorry I wasn't of more help in this.

or an ITIN. Search 'ITIN' here with the advanced search tool, from a PC, when you have time.

Yes an ITIN can be used, and also for adding them onto your bank account as joint holders, if I am not mistaken, at least in some cases.

TracyJo

Timeline

I did something else today nobody else mentioned for requirements. I called my sons school and had my husband listed as living with us, permission for him to pick my son up, and also as his stepfather and guardian. They will be mailing me the revised form next week. Something to think about, if you have children in school.

TracyJo

Timeline

I think I may even call my son's doctors office and list him there as his stepfather and able to make decisions concerning our son's medical issues.

The same would hold true if you had children in a daycare setting. List your spouse as being able to have the child or children released into their custody, call in case of an emergency, etc. (as a step parent is concerned)

Full parental rights is basically what I am referring to, whether they are the actual parent or a step parent.

These were things I was waiting to do until my husband arrived, but if they help prove our relationship, then why wait?

TracyJo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hullo TracyJo -

here's what I did for the I-130 packet -

http://www.visajourn...c

perhaps you can do something similar?

Okay I know this was forever ago you posted but I can not find this The Rustic Cracker Farm. what is it? or where is it (like you know but you may). hmmm

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

My wife (the USC) and I were married in November 2010. Within a week of our marriage, we went to a TD Bank branch here in Connecticut to open a joint account. My wife just provided her SSN and CT driver's license, and a certified copy of our marriage certificate.

As I was not yet a US resident, I had no SSN or ID from the US at the time. The bank employee just filled out a special form for a foreign spouse, and I had to show my Canadian passport as primary proof, along with one other piece of ID. We had no problem getting the bank account opened in BOTH our names, even though, as I said, I was NOT a US resident at the time. And this was done about 3 months BEFORE my wife even submitted the I-130 petition.

So a joint account CAN be done without the foreign spouse having an SSN. Whether or not it depends on the country the foreign spouse is from, I do not know.

Yes thats the good old W8BEN form. If you ask your bank they will provide just many don't want to. And you were there so all the verification was done face to face.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

I think I may even call my son's doctors office and list him there as his stepfather and able to make decisions concerning our son's medical issues.

The same would hold true if you had children in a daycare setting. List your spouse as being able to have the child or children released into their custody, call in case of an emergency, etc. (as a step parent is concerned)

Full parental rights is basically what I am referring to, whether they are the actual parent or a step parent.

These were things I was waiting to do until my husband arrived, but if they help prove our relationship, then why wait?

yes because it shows you aren't afraid add him or her to your finances and showing some banking transactions is good also.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Okay I know this was forever ago you posted but I can not find this The Rustic Cracker Farm. what is it? or where is it (like you know but you may). hmmm

did you click the link, or no ?

clicking the link is important. It's chock full of an example on what to include with the I-130 when ultimately the casefile is headed to a HIGH FRAUD CONSULATE. Guangzhou is one. Lagos, is another.

Look, if you not include stuff with the I-130 submittal,

you have opportunity to present it on interview day.

The instructions on the I-130 are really specific - it's on you to provide stuff, or no. That list, IMO, carries forward from the day you file the I-130 to the interview day. Or even after the interview day, if asked for more stuff via a 221G or even a rebuttal on a NOIR.

Asking me about my domicile (The Rustic Cracker Farm) is a really good example of not reading for content.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

did you click the link, or no ?

clicking the link is important. It's chock full of an example on what to include with the I-130 when ultimately the casefile is headed to a HIGH FRAUD CONSULATE. Guangzhou is one. Lagos, is another.

Look, if you not include stuff with the I-130 submittal,

you have opportunity to present it on interview day.

The instructions on the I-130 are really specific - it's on you to provide stuff, or no. That list, IMO, carries forward from the day you file the I-130 to the interview day. Or even after the interview day, if asked for more stuff via a 221G or even a rebuttal on a NOIR.

Asking me about my domicile (The Rustic Cracker Farm) is a really good example of not reading for content.

No I have no issue clicking on the link and reading all you said about I-130 prep. I was asking about your reference to "The Rustic Cracker Farm" you said you did your lease with your names. But I can not find the site so was just wondering about it.

Our biggest issue for front-loading is our wedding pics were lost so when I go back before interview we do plan to do now the traditional and formal so we will have new pics. And can just explain what happened to the courthouse wedding pics.

I just wish someone would figure out a way to get SMS off phone. Many of us use it why can't it be accessible.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

really?

folk with Farms, sometimes NAME them.

My farm has a name.

It's 'The Rustic Cracker Farm'

Do you need to find it? Please not show up at the gate. TIA !

Timeline

really?

folk with Farms, sometimes NAME them.

My farm has a name.

It's 'The Rustic Cracker Farm'

Do you need to find it? Please not show up at the gate. TIA !

I am so sorry Darnell LOL. I am tired and seeing double. I get it now. After I reread it I see you are calling your home that not a site you went to. LOL. Promise I will not show up at the Rustic farm.

And yes I have enlisted if not all but what I can do to my evidence upfront. I am filing next week. So I am so ready. Thank you for providing such good helpful information. I believe we have minimized our red flags so here we go .

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.