Mel & Ahmed

ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING FOR ABU DHABI CR-1 VISA

21 posts in this topic

Hello,

My Husband is Egyptian living and working in UAE we have had all smooth process in getting our documents ready for interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi, He had his interview on 3/5/12 and took a SUITCASE full of evidence and documents me needed ( or thought we needed) talked to the CO for 10 min answered her questions and she gave him his passport and a BLUE sheet 221g for ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING she said to check the website in 2 weeks for further information. He then asked her if she would like to look at anything he had brought and she said it is ok. I talked to our Senator Office here in Texas, and they told me EVERYONE nowdays has AP and there is nothing you can do but wait. She asked how we met and i told her we met online and she said this is a red flag too. My questions are:

1.) how long is AP if you have no criminal background and you have common name?

2.) I wonder what are the chances of being denied at this point?

3.) How is it considered a red flag if we met online? i think most everyone met online nowdays.

4.) WHY DIDNT THEY TAKE HIS PASSPORT> I have read some in AP that went to interview left passport there.

5.) Why didnt she look at the STACK of evidence books and books of it we had?

I guess i should have read more about the process cause i didnt think we would get AP. This is depressing.

Hello,

My Husband is Egyptian living and working in UAE we have had all smooth process in getting our documents ready for interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi, He had his interview on 3/5/12 and took a SUITCASE full of evidence and documents me needed ( or thought we needed) talked to the CO for 10 min answered her questions and she gave him his passport and a BLUE sheet 221g for ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING she said to check the website in 2 weeks for further information. He then asked her if she would like to look at anything he had brought and she said it is ok. I talked to our Senator Office here in Texas, and they told me EVERYONE nowdays has AP and there is nothing you can do but wait. She asked how we met and i told her we met online and she said this is a red flag too. My questions are:

3.) How is it considered a red flag if we met online? i think most everyone met online nowdays.

4.) WHY DIDNT THEY TAKE HIS PASSPORT> I have read some in AP that went to interview left passport there.

I guess i should have read more about the process cause i didnt think we would get AP. This is depressing.

For the most part AP is a requirement for mena countries so no surprises here.

1. AP could take from several weeks to months, and several cases where it was over a year.

2. There is always a chance the visa could get denied, in some cases it happened after it was issues.

3. Meeting online is always suspicious for any country, it is up to you to prove that this is a bonafide relationship. Seems like there are no red flags really in your case other then the AP which is mostly for name checks.

4. The passport is not taken, as there is no timeframe how long the AP may take.

5. Looking at the evidence it at the sole discretion of the CO. In my case they only look at one photo from the suitecase of evidence.

Just hang in there and you should be fine. Hopefully your AP will go fast and smoothly.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello,

Sorry to hear. Administrative processing can take 2 weeks or even years. Most of the middle east country men or women goes thru Administrative processing. This process can be

Mandatory AP-done at washington level. usually means name hit or name and background checks. In depth background checks done here. See if you have any bad guy friends. see if your name is similar to bad guy or your birthday. FBI has to perform these checks by hand and looking through papers. Can be very slow.

Internal AP-done at embassy level. Can be simple documentation check to see if all papers turned in. Can be easy name and background checks. Can also be in depth relationship check where they send people to your friends and family to see if they know about your marriage.

Both can take a long time

Both can take a short time

Once Mandatory AP is done it can be placed into Internal AP then it can be thrown back into Mandatory AP and back again--- this is a VERY long process.

You can call the state department- 202 663 1225 and inquire about your case. Good luck

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Thank you for the information. and replying so fast! lol

how long was your AP? OR are you still in it for how long so far?

I really dont think there is an issue since we are not criminals, we have followed the rules of this process, we have substantial evidence of our relationship. I know that USCIS and the NVC also had to do their background checks and now im aware the Embassy does too, so maybe InshaAllah it will go by so quick. This is just very depressing situation for us and for anyone. I did read the Abu Dhabi wesite and it says that AP usually takes less than 60 days and in 1% of case it may take longer. I was also looking at timelines for people from our region and from Abu Dhabi and anyone who wasnt from Pakistan and Iran ..it took them 1-2 months. So, Im hopeful it wont be a long wait.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Call DOS Department of STate in Washington

202-663-1225

pres 1 then

press 0

speak to someone

ask case status update please

if they say Administrative processing then ask is it at the embassy level or Mandatory Administrative Processing

Good Luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

I JUST CALLED THE DOS AND THEY SAID IT IS IN AP AND I ASKED IF EMBASSY OR MANDATORY AND SHE SAID AT THIS TIME THEY DONT KNOW AND I CAN CHECK BACK TO SEE WHERE IT IS.

Timeline

Maybe their computer system was down

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

OK, i called this morning and she told me it is in AP and when i asked if it was at the embassy level or mandatory AP...she said his case is at Abu Dhabi? I said yes, she said then the national visa center has his case file at embassy in Abu Dhabi...i said no its not sent to Washington DC? She said no.

So, should i call back later to see if i get another answer or does this sound right?

Timeline

It is a word game they are playing with you.

Do not ask is my file in washington or embassy.

Your file will always be at the embassy. It never leaves. They do the name checks electronically

Just call back and ask simply

Is this Mandatory AP. If she says yes--then it is being named checked in washington

If she says no. then ask if it is processing at the embassy level?

May 24, 2011 NOA1

ok, lol i called back....and she said "it looks like he just had his interview on monday and he is now in AP" I said ok let me ask you is the mandatroy ap? she said " everyone goes through this process right now and they just reviewing his case since he had the inter view and it could take a couple of weeks or more" i asked so is the ap in washington? she said no, none of the cases go to washington they are processed at the embassy" i said well i heard that that there could be ap for name checks in washington so is this the case? she said no, they are processing his case at embassy" ...she was like "they are just now looking at it and making sure he dosent have any issues before approving the visa, they dont know him so they got to check and see 1st." i said so, like a few weeks or few months and she said yes.

when he went for the interview the CO told him to check the website in 2 weeks for further instructions...so, when i check now on website it says...case # xxxxxxxx

Aplicants name:

case status: APPLICATION IN PROCESS

THEN SAYS A MESSAGE BELOW:

Your application for a U.S. immigrant visa is undergoing routine administrative processing. This processing can require from two weeks to several months. As soon as this processing is completed, the Embassy will post a message to this website with further instructions.

Please continue to check this website on a regular basis for updates. There is no need for you to write, email, call or fax the Embassy with inqueries on the case, as that will not speed processing.

So, what do you make of this? and i want to say....THANK YOU!! for answering my questions and the advice this is so kind of you. This is all new for me and im just worried i need him here with me..i just miss him!!! we have had a smooth process thus far ..everything is going well, and i have more than everything they could ask for in terms of documentation and evidence..and we are not criminals or fakes ..just if only they could see. i hope they hurry up, but i know we are in the home stretch! InshaAllah he will be here so soooon!

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!! LMAO. Ramadan is in 3 1/2 months and i hope him to be here before then..InshaAllah...yarab

Timeline

Ok so the key word is routine so that means at the embassy. Hopefuly he will get his visa in 2 weeks. Stay calm.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Filed: Timeline

InshaAllah!!!!! THANK YOU so much for the advice and help. im so glad i found this website

Mel,

I recently went through the process and received my visa and passport in under 3 months. Abu Dhabi is fairly good with this stuff and most AP's here, from my research online, don't seem to go past 6 months. As long as your case is legit, you should not have any issues and your husband will get his visa inshAllah.

My case had complications and even then all went well by the grace of Allah.

Stay Strong,

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.