ChristinaandVarun

Big age difference

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

He cannot interview in Sydney as he's an Indian citizen holding an Indian passport.

The above statement is wrong! I suggest you get your facts together before leading people astray. He can have his interview done in Sydney as long as he is a legal to live in Australia. If his visa (Australia)is still valid at the time of the interview he will surely be fine. There is no law prohibiting anyone living in another country from having his or her visa interview done outside the person home country. A couple of my friends on here have been through the same process and they were fine. The key thing here is to have a valid visa at the time of the interview and I sincerely believe that OP will be fine since he has a student visa.

Citizenship window opens since October 26th 2013...
CITIZENSHIP Track:
Eligibility Criteria: 3 years
10-26-2013: Eligibility Date
12-06-2013:Application Sent
12-09-2013: Application Received and Priority Date
12-11-2013: Check Cashed
12-18-2013: Bio-metric Letter sent Date
01-07-2014: Bio-metric Date
01-07-2014: In-line for Interview
05-07-2014: Interview Letter Received
06-09-2014: Interview Passed
07-18-2014: Oath Ceremony
Naturalized as a US citizen!!!

Visa Journey officially Over on 07/18/2014

Glory be to the Lord the giver of all things

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The above statement is wrong! I suggest you get your facts together before leading people astray. He can have his interview done in Sydney as long as he is a legal to live in Australia. If his visa (Australia)is still valid at the time of the interview he will surely be fine. There is no law prohibiting anyone living in another country from having his or her visa interview done outside the person home country. A couple of my friends on here have been through the same process and they were fine. The key thing here is to have a valid visa at the time of the interview and I sincerely believe that OP will be fine since he has a student visa.

I wasn't trying to lead anyone astray. That is what I was told, and I was passing on the info I had. Not everyone has all the info handy, and info is passed back and forth based on what you know. If I'm wrong, I'm more than willing to take back what I said.

By the way, thank you for correcting me. That said, you don't have to come on that strong!

07/14/2011 Wedding

USCIS (187 days)

08/16/2011 I-130 filed

08/19/2011 NOA1
02/22/2012 NOA2

NVC (14 days)
03/08/2012 NVC case #, IIN, emailed DS-3032
03/13/2012 AOS invoiced & paid
03/14/2012 AOS package mailed
03/16/2012 DS-3032 acceptance
03/19/2012 IV bill invoiced and paid
03/20/2012 DS-230 package sent
03/22/2012 Case Complete
04/10/2012 Interview date assigned; packet IV received
MEDICALS/US CONSULATE/POE
05/02/2012 Medicals
05/09/2012 Interview APPROVED
05/11/2012 Visa in hand
05/24/2012 POE TORONTO
06/28/2012 Got SSN and Green Card

ROC

02/27/2014 Package sent

02/28/2014 NOA1

03/28/2014 Biometrics

06/20/2014 Approved

06/22/2014 Got the 10-yr GC
N-400

03/03/2015 Package sent

03/10/2015 Check encashed

03/13/2015 NOA

03/26/2015 Fingerprints

04/27/2015 In line

06/19/2015 Interview letter

07/23/2015 Interview

08/19/2015 Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Didnt mean to come any strong, just hate it to see guys making mistakes due to misinformation. We are all here to give a helping hands to everyone. Stay blessed and smile!

Citizenship window opens since October 26th 2013...
CITIZENSHIP Track:
Eligibility Criteria: 3 years
10-26-2013: Eligibility Date
12-06-2013:Application Sent
12-09-2013: Application Received and Priority Date
12-11-2013: Check Cashed
12-18-2013: Bio-metric Letter sent Date
01-07-2014: Bio-metric Date
01-07-2014: In-line for Interview
05-07-2014: Interview Letter Received
06-09-2014: Interview Passed
07-18-2014: Oath Ceremony
Naturalized as a US citizen!!!

Visa Journey officially Over on 07/18/2014

Glory be to the Lord the giver of all things

Filed: Timeline

isn't enought that my father is my witness on my wedding ?

- maybe, but he could just want to help his son move to America.

isn't enought that her son and he is younger me only 1 year is my best friend and he is the co sponser of me?

- maybe, but he could be your friend wanting to help you out, and found someone for you to marry.

pleaz tell me isn't enought that we have more then 500 page of conversation betewenn us on skype? we have emails? i have all her frinds on my facebook and she have my familly too on her facebook?

- probably good proof but no CO has time to go through 500 pages of anything.

pleaz tell me what else?

I'm only playing devil's advocate here. Your relationship to me sounds completely bona fide, and if you can prove all this I think you'll be fine. But don't ever tell the CO «isn't this enough??»

Filed: Timeline

That depends on the visa. If he's an Australian permanent resident or long term visa holder, nothing says he cannot interview in Australia, true.

But, if the individual is on a non-immigrant visa, and especially short term, a lot of consulates will refer them to their home country for the interview.

Stockholm consulate has a review from a long term Chinese student in Sweden who was referred to the Guangzhou consulate because Stockholm initially wouldn't interview her. Eventually they did though.

I don't know any specifics for Sydney.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

That depends on the visa. If he's an Australian permanent resident or long term visa holder, nothing says he cannot interview in Australia, true.

But, if the individual is on a non-immigrant visa, and especially short term, a lot of consulates will refer them to their home country for the interview.

Stockholm consulate has a review from a long term Chinese student in Sweden who was referred to the Guangzhou consulate because Stockholm initially wouldn't interview her. Eventually they did though.

I don't know any specifics for Sydney.

Neither do I know any specifics for Sydney, but the OP mentioned that her husband is in Sydney on a student visa. What I've read upon told me that he'll have to return to his home country for the interview, but apparently I'm wrong.

07/14/2011 Wedding

USCIS (187 days)

08/16/2011 I-130 filed

08/19/2011 NOA1
02/22/2012 NOA2

NVC (14 days)
03/08/2012 NVC case #, IIN, emailed DS-3032
03/13/2012 AOS invoiced & paid
03/14/2012 AOS package mailed
03/16/2012 DS-3032 acceptance
03/19/2012 IV bill invoiced and paid
03/20/2012 DS-230 package sent
03/22/2012 Case Complete
04/10/2012 Interview date assigned; packet IV received
MEDICALS/US CONSULATE/POE
05/02/2012 Medicals
05/09/2012 Interview APPROVED
05/11/2012 Visa in hand
05/24/2012 POE TORONTO
06/28/2012 Got SSN and Green Card

ROC

02/27/2014 Package sent

02/28/2014 NOA1

03/28/2014 Biometrics

06/20/2014 Approved

06/22/2014 Got the 10-yr GC
N-400

03/03/2015 Package sent

03/10/2015 Check encashed

03/13/2015 NOA

03/26/2015 Fingerprints

04/27/2015 In line

06/19/2015 Interview letter

07/23/2015 Interview

08/19/2015 Oath ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We're in a similar boat. Me being an older divorce and her being younger, but I'm not letting it worry me because I know we have plenty of proof of a real ongoing relationship and family approval. Just take the red-flags as an indication that you'll need to have either provided or provide additional proof about the validity of your relationship.

In our case we've got the photos (and ticket stubs, etc.) from over 2 years of being together, taking trips together and showing our siblings/parent's meeting, and not just at our engagement. We're making extra sure that she knows details about me, my family and my past just in case any questions arise during the interview.

And as catknit mentioned, just view it like a legal case. The stronger the supporting evidence (in quality, not necessarily quantity) the better.

Thanks and Enjoy,

Erik

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Big age difference can be questionable but it can't be the reason to deny the application. Yes, CO can question about all that, and can take the applicant's interview in very very details. There are alot of factor that depend to get the approval when you have some red flags.

I have such similar situation like yours, I was questioned, but it was not that scary either. American CO was very nice to me. Of course, currently my application is pending but it is due to I-864A. I was issued 221g at the time of interview due to typographic last name error in divorce decree and was asked to submit the court order, related doc to rectify the error in divorce decree.

P.S. - In our case, we have been living together in India for 3 years, have bunch of evidences, like insurance, bank account, company together, her visa extension immigration papers, etc etc.

Edited by iwaiting

XrVRp5.png

TRUE!!!

USCIS

05/29/2011: Married

08/12/2011: Sent I-130 packet.

08/15/2011: NOA1, Priority Date

02/22/2012: NOA2 - Approved

02/25/2012: NOA2 - Received hard copy in mail

NVC

03/06/2012: NVC received

03/07/2012: NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned

03/08/2012: DS3032 sent by email (auto response received immediately)

03/13/2012: Re-send DS3032 by email (auto response received immediately)

03/13/2012: Received (2)Email with DS-3032 Kit and AOS Bill instructions

03/14/2012: AOS bill appears as PAID

03/16/2012: Mailed AOS package (I-864)USPS EXPRESS

03/16/2012: DS-3032 Accepted Via Beneficiary Email (Took 8 DAYS from 1st Email)

03/20/2012: IV bill invoiced & paid $404.00

03/21/2012: IV bill Payment reflecting PAID / AOS checklist received

03/30/2012: IV package DS-230 sent via USPS Priority

04/02/2012: IV package Delivered @ 11:55 am w/signature

04/12/2012: Re-Sent DS-230 Part 1 W/Photocopy of receipt from Hong Kong Police Via USPS EXPRESS

04/13/2012: DS-230 Part 1 package Delivered to NVC ATTN:DR @11:52am

04/17/2012: CASE COMPLETE (41 Days @NVC)

04/22/2012: Request Expedite

04/24/2012: Expedite Approved!(2days)

04/25/2012: Case sent to U.S. Consulate General in HONG KONG

Medical / US Consulate / POE:

04/30/2012: U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong received

05/16/2012: Interview Scheduled May 22, 2012

05/22/2012: Interview APPROVED!!!!!!

05/26/2012: Visa in Hand (9 months 11 days from NOA1)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I am also a lady who is 22 years older than my fiance, who is 40. We both have grown children. Childbearing in the future is not an issue. We were introduced by my friend's sister, not online.

We were asked about it(the age difference) at the interview, at least I was. They tag teamed us, separated us, then got us back together to check our answers. When this question came up, I laughed and said,' Yeah, but he is the OLD ONE!' The consular officer laughed and said, 'My wife is older than me, too, and she says I am the old one. I guess it all depends on the worldview and past experiences of the interviewer.

We are still in a holding pattern, so there is no resolution any time soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

One thing a friend of mine said to me after my husband was denied, is that when you go for the interview, be yourself, make conversation with the CO like you were old friends seeing each other again. Don't just wait for questions to be asked. He came over on a K-1 and is now married and has been living here for over 2 years, and they have a 10 year difference.

He said it is imperative you are calm, cool and collected for the interview. He and his CO made small talk, and very few questions were even asked about the relationship. He chatted with her for 2 hours, while my husbands interview lasted all of 5 minutes. If you already know the age difference may be an issue, be prepared to dispel that notion immediately upon arrival to the interview. We weren't prepped for the interview, even with having an attorney.

I have read things such as his culture doesn't believe this or that, yet he and I have always made it clear that what we share is uniquely ours and not run by one culture or the other. Love has no boundaries, it doesn't discriminate, it simply exists.

Don't stress it, you have been made aware, gather your wits and understanding and attack it head on when the time comes. You still have time to prepare.

TracyJo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do I need to be concerned with the possibility of denial due to the big age difference between my husband and I? >15 years...

We are very much in love and don't believe age is a reason to keep us apart...

Anyone have first hand knowledge on this topic?

In our case my wife (27) said they didn't ask a single question about our age difference (25 years) but questioned her extensively about my divorce. Asking how I met my first wife, exactly when we married and divorced (they asked for dates). They asked why we divorced, details of the marriage and divorce. They even asked her what city my ex-wife lives in now, she improvised and told them I don't know, she was correct I didn't know but we weren't prepared for that question.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Do I need to be concerned with the possibility of denial due to the big age difference between my husband and I? >15 years...

We are very much in love and don't believe age is a reason to keep us apart...

Anyone have first hand knowledge on this topic?

Yes, it's a red flag and more if the woman is older.

What makes you think your husband will obtain a K3 visa?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thank you for that clarification. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.