ChristinaandVarun

Big age difference

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think you were the exception to the rule of age red flag.

Maybe you sent in alot of proof? Maybe you front loaded.

There is a reason that he got approved.

And usually it is because you showeed enough proof of a real relationship

people with red flags just need to be prepared for any questions and show proof of bona-fide relationships

CONGRATS on your marriage!!!

Thank You! Yes, It's all about having enough evidence and being well prepared for your interview. Take Care :)

event.png

event.png

We met online....

Did he approach you? Was it clear that you were American from however he found you? A lot of people looking to defraud Americans hang out online and approach US women with confessions of love but a visa is really on their minds. Did he profess love quickly? Have you spent a lot of time in person together?

All of these things together indicate a typical fraud scenario. That doesn't mean you can't overcome them, but there will likely be some additional scrutiny. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Red flags are just that, things that peak the attention of the CO. It does NOT mean you won't get the visa.

Which consulate would your hubby be interviewing through if he interviews in India - Delhi, Mumbai???

Have you met his family? Did he meet any of your family? Did you do anything traditional in your relationship? [Engagement party with his desi friends/family in Sydney?] Is his family all over the world with their work/schooling? Have they inter-married with other cultures? Him being from a "progressive" family may contribute favorably to your case.

Did you file on your own or did you use an attorney? Did you front load your petition with a lot of relationship proof?

I know this is a lot to think about but you need to look at your relationship as a legal case, not a romantic story. It sucks to think of it that way, but it is what it is - immigration can be a tough nut for some [been there, done that].

we have an attorney and we were told he would be interviewing in Sydney......

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

people with red flags just need to be prepared for any questions and show proof of bona-fide relationships

This pretty much sums it up.

You have to prove without a doubt to the CO that your relationship is authentic.

Don't skimp on anything. Visit as often as you can, even spend a good amount of time together as a married couple if that is feasible.

Check out my recent thread on interracial couples in India for more good advice.

Good luck on your journey.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

It is very likely it may play a role in your case...I'd recommend heading over to the India subforum. There is currently a thread on inter-racial couples that also speaks to age difference, religion differences, etc. If you happen to be going through New Delhi, you are going to need to be very prepared.

How do I get to the India subforum?

Red flags are just that, things that peak the attention of the CO. It does NOT mean you won't get the visa.

Which consulate would your hubby be interviewing through if he interviews in India - Delhi, Mumbai???

Have you met his family? Did he meet any of your family? Did you do anything traditional in your relationship? [Engagement party with his desi friends/family in Sydney?] Is his family all over the world with their work/schooling? Have they inter-married with other cultures? Him being from a "progressive" family may contribute favorably to your case.

Did you file on your own or did you use an attorney? Did you front load your petition with a lot of relationship proof?

I know this is a lot to think about but you need to look at your relationship as a legal case, not a romantic story. It sucks to think of it that way, but it is what it is - immigration can be a tough nut for some [been there, done that].

We have an attorney....not sure which consulate he would be interviewing thru if he has to go to India. Per my attorney he will interview in Australia.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I'm sure it will be less stressful to interview in Australia as that is where he is currently living. As I stated originally, I only vaguely recall some people going back to their home country to interview and quite honestly I don't know if that is at the petitioner's/beneficiary's request or what.

I wish you luck with your case - I think one of the hardest things to do is to look at your own case with fresh eyes. How would a suspicious, government employee see your evidence? [And I don't mean suspicious with a bad connotation - COs need a good bs meter built in]. If your attorney didn't front load your petition [supply a large amount of relationship proof], you will want to go ahead and start building a strong, clear case that you have a bonafied relationship. There is ton of advice available here on vj on how to do that - what to include, etc. You want him to be able to go into the consulate well informed and confident. You want him to be able to easily find paperwork, emails, skype records, pics, etc....You may even want to attend the interview with him if that is permitted in Australia.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

i am living the same thing , we have 24 years deference between us but same time our relationship is so clean and clear and bonafide

still no interview date yet but we have alot of evidence ? isn't enought that my father is my witness on my wedding ? isn't enought that her son and he is younger me only 1 year is my best friend and he is the co sponser of me?

pleaz tell me isn't enought that we have more then 500 page of conversation betewenn us on skype? we have emails? i have all her frinds on my facebook and she have my familly too on her facebook?

pleaz tell me what else?

I agree. And as others have said, anyone that has red flags and is dealing with a tough consulate needs to look at their relationship the same way a CO would. Too many people like to argue that age shouldn't matter, but the reality is for certain countries it does matter. Too many people like to say "we know our love is real", but the CO doesn't know that and it's your job to prove it. So it's up to the couple to do their homework, prepare very well in advance, and provide enough evidence that's going to convince the CO. I knew I was going to be dealing with a tough consulate, so for anything about our relationship that I felt was a potential red flag and could be questioned, I worked to make sure I provided an overwhelming amount of evidence to overshadow that. And our interview was quick and painless. What I noticed about a lot of those denial threads where the woman is much older than her husband and claims that's the only reason for the denial, is the couple was not thoroughly prepared. The evidence of the relationship just wasn't there. You can have a million phone records, wire transfers, chat logs, emails, etc, but there's no better evidence than visits and spending time with your partner. However, when asked, a lot of those older women have admitted to not visiting often or only visiting once. Perhaps the age difference would have been less of an issue had there been more time spent together. It just seems like in a lot of these situations, age isn't the only problem the CO has with the relationship.

~~~~USCIS~~~~
02-12-11 -- Mailed CR1 Petition (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)
02-14-11 -- Petition delivered to the Chicago Lockbox
02-16-11 -- NOA1 Text/E-mail
02-22-11 -- I-797C received in the mail
05-24-11 -- NOA2 E-mail (no text, no RFE)
05-28-11 -- I-797C received in the mail

~~~~NVC~~~~
06-07-11 -- Case entered into system
06-08-11 -- Received e-mails with DS-3032 and AOS
06-09-11 -- E-mailed and snail mailed DS-3032 and paid AOS fee
06-10-11 -- AOS status: PAID
06-14-11 -- Mailed AOS package (USPS First-Class Mail)
06-15-11 -- DS-3032 e-mail accepted by NVC and IV bill generated
06-16-11 -- Paid IV bill
06-17-11 -- NVC withdrew money for IV bill from my account
06-23-11 -- IV status: PAID
06-24-11 -- Mailed IV package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)
06-27-11 -- IV package delivered
07-11-11 -- Final Review
07-12-11 -- CASE COMPLETE
08-03-11 -- E-Mail received about interview date
09-12-11 -- INTERVIEW

~~~~Removal of Conditions~~~~

08-02-13 -- ROC window opens

08-05-13 -- Mailed I-751 package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)

08-09-13 -- Package delivered (Delayed at Post Office)
08-12-13 -- NOA1
08-15-13 -- Check cashed
08-24-13 -- Received biometrics letter for September 10
08-26-13 -- Early walk-in for biometrics
09-16-13 -- Received letter stating our case was transferred to CSC on September 12
10-02-13 -- Received text/email update. Case changed from "transferred to Local Office" to "was transferred and now being processed at a USCIS Office"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We have an attorney....not sure which consulate he would be interviewing thru if he has to go to India. Per my attorney he will interview in Australia.

He may or may not have additional considerations then, since he's a foreign national , not an Australian Citizen;

or he may have no roadblocks at all because of his citizenship and residency being in two difference places.

It's an issue, to be sure, but I wouldn't stress about this one thing, as it's the TOTALITY of the casefile that's evaluated.

Sure, the strange bit here and there can accumulate to become red flags - I think you have 2 currently:

1. you are older USCitizen

2. he's a student in Oz, an Indian National.

There may be more red flags coming up, dealing with his parents' interaction on you and whether or not any traditional Indian wedding occured (this varies by place and caste - but do be aware of it)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

There is a twenty-year age difference between my husband and I. I had my interview in Sydney and was never asked about our age difference.

BUT....there are a couple of differences between our case and yours:

1. I am the wife - my husband is twenty years older than me

2. I am an Australian citizen

You are already thinking about whether your age difference will be an issue at interview - this is a good thing. It means you have time to make sure you have your evidence in order to prove your relationship if asked about it at interview. Much better to be thinking about it now and preparing for it, as opposed to being asked at interview and you had never thought about it before then.

Good luck

USCIS

30 Nov 2010 - Sent I-130 to Chicago

1 Dec 2010 - I-130 received at Chicago

18 Apr 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 text and email

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

30 Apr 2011 - Police Check Application sent

2 May 2011 - Called NVC and got Invoice ID number

3 May 2011 - Sent DS-3032 email

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

5 May 2011 - AOS invoiced and paid

7 May 2011 - AOS package sent; IV invoiced and paid

9 May 2011 - AOS package delivered to NVC according to tracking

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

27 May 2011 - IV package delivered according to tracking

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

30 Jun 2011 - SIF and CC - FINALLY!!!!

13 Jul 2011 - Interview date assigned! Scheduled for August 9th @ 10am

9 Aug 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Aug 2011 - Visa in hand

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

we have an attorney and we were told he would be interviewing in Sydney......

He cannot interview in Sydney as he's an Indian citizen holding an Indian passport.

07/14/2011 Wedding

USCIS (187 days)

08/16/2011 I-130 filed

08/19/2011 NOA1
02/22/2012 NOA2

NVC (14 days)
03/08/2012 NVC case #, IIN, emailed DS-3032
03/13/2012 AOS invoiced & paid
03/14/2012 AOS package mailed
03/16/2012 DS-3032 acceptance
03/19/2012 IV bill invoiced and paid
03/20/2012 DS-230 package sent
03/22/2012 Case Complete
04/10/2012 Interview date assigned; packet IV received
MEDICALS/US CONSULATE/POE
05/02/2012 Medicals
05/09/2012 Interview APPROVED
05/11/2012 Visa in hand
05/24/2012 POE TORONTO
06/28/2012 Got SSN and Green Card

ROC

02/27/2014 Package sent

02/28/2014 NOA1

03/28/2014 Biometrics

06/20/2014 Approved

06/22/2014 Got the 10-yr GC
N-400

03/03/2015 Package sent

03/10/2015 Check encashed

03/13/2015 NOA

03/26/2015 Fingerprints

04/27/2015 In line

06/19/2015 Interview letter

07/23/2015 Interview

08/19/2015 Oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I disagree, up to the point of 'What's the first letters of the Casefile Number?'

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.