Iyawo_Omo_Yoruba

Husband denied, pending USCIS decision

77 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Certainly was not my personal experience and everybody else seems to be posting second-hand information.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am 12 years older than my fiance. That scares me. I am still able fertile, but who knows for how much longer. Im stuck in name checks. My noa2 is July 12, 2011 :unsure:

Personally I don't think its as much you are older and you don't know how much longer you will be fertile. It's more "do you want to have children with your husband"? I have had friends who the woman were older said no, I have mine etc. Or I am cool not having kids.

I am 21 years older than my husband and still so much desire children and want them and can not wait. But we have to convey that to the CO's they will probably think "oh yeah sure you do". Here I am a grandma. A woman same age as my husbands mother. And trust me its not ALL about how you look. I look younger sure, but its my thinking. And yes I want to be a momma to my husbands babies he wants 3. And I welcome this new chapter in my life. So every piece of evidence I have conveys the joy and youthfulness of the visual picture I want them to see.

Now I am just at the beginning and will report as it happens.And what works for one may not work for another. I do know that nothing. NOTHING can take the place of visits and time together. I thank God we got 6 months together. Even though we married my first visit. I visited after 21 months dating online. Than after I arrived it was 6 weeks of dating and courtship. Than we married and it was another 4 months I lived as husband and wife. Thats what they want to see. Mine was not planned and happened by accident but I thank God for it.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I agree that it would be a good thing for u to go into your husbands Country and stay there for a while maybe 2- years, since love is love sometimes you have too give up some things in the name of love. You have to understand that the

Country that your husband lives in , and the big fraud schemes that come from that Country, ( Please do your research ) you will find that many women that have posted on this board many years before you have been manipulated into marriage, we call it a marriage fraud. Me being one of those that was a unknown particapant in marriage fraud would give you this advice.

Go live with your husband in his Courtry, for a couple of years, and let him take care of you until you find work there. Get to know his family, friends and culture. Then if all is still well think about giving him a free visa into America.

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Personally I don't think its as much you are older and you don't know how much longer you will be fertile. It's more "do you want to have children with your husband"? I have had friends who the woman were older said no, I have mine etc. Or I am cool not having kids.

I am 21 years older than my husband and still so much desire children and want them and can not wait. But we have to convey that to the CO's they will probably think "oh yeah sure you do". Here I am a grandma. A woman same age as my husbands mother. And trust me its not ALL about how you look. I look younger sure, but its my thinking. And yes I want to be a momma to my husbands babies he wants 3. And I welcome this new chapter in my life. So every piece of evidence I have conveys the joy and youthfulness of the visual picture I want them to see.

Now I am just at the beginning and will report as it happens.And what works for one may not work for another. I do know that nothing. NOTHING can take the place of visits and time together. I thank God we got 6 months together. Even though we married my first visit. I visited after 21 months dating online. Than after I arrived it was 6 weeks of dating and courtship. Than we married and it was another 4 months I lived as husband and wife. Thats what they want to see. Mine was not planned and happened by accident but I thank God for it.

Unfortunately it's not about "do you WANT to have children" it's CAN you. It's common in their culture to want to procreate and marrying older women doesn't accomplish that, and marrying a woman with kids is also not a cultural norm. It is unlikely that they would date someone of their culture who is older so that makes it more likely that you are being used for immigration (in their eyes). It's a HUGE uphill battle to prove that he didn't just pick a "desperate old American woman who would help him immigrate"

Good luck to you all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I agree that it would be a good thing for u to go into your husbands Country and stay there for a while maybe 2- years, since love is love sometimes you have too give up some things in the name of love. You have to understand that the

Country that your husband lives in , and the big fraud schemes that come from that Country, ( Please do your research ) you will find that many women that have posted on this board many years before you have been manipulated into marriage, we call it a marriage fraud. Me being one of those that was a unknown particapant in marriage fraud would give you this advice.

Go live with your husband in his Courtry, for a couple of years, and let him take care of you until you find work there. Get to know his family, friends and culture. Then if all is still well think about giving him a free visa into America.

I understand why you posted this, but love is a gamble we ALL take, whether we enter into a relationship where we live or abroad. It is NEVER guaranteed. I cannot go live with him, I would never leave my small child to do such a thing. I am sorry things didn't work out for you, but like I said, love is a gamble.

TracyJo

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

No,I am going through almost the same thing and I have been to Nigeria 6 times and went to both of his interviews with him..I am 6 years older than my husband and the age thing was brought up also..:(

Still waiting..

Timeline

Oh,and I am still very much able to bear children and we are STILL in AP..after having TONS of evidence in every aspect that was requested and then some..With Lagos,its all about luck!!

Timeline

If I may ask... does it matters if the petitioner is black or white?

I can not say 100% either way, yet in my husbands culture there are some things that may impact the CO's decision. But in this day and age, why does it matter what age difference, race, religion, former marital statuses, and/or previous children any one of us carries? Love has no boundaries. That is how I believe, I wish everyone was on board with that......

TracyJo

Timeline

No,I am going through almost the same thing and I have been to Nigeria 6 times and went to both of his interviews with him..I am 6 years older than my husband and the age thing was brought up also..:(

Still waiting..

This is crazy! I think it all depends on WHO does the interviewing! Seriously, I know my husband loves me, but I also understand my husband perfectly well and know who he is. He isn't one to openly share personal things with a stranger, preferring to keep private matters like feelings and such between he and I.

Good luck and best wishes to you!

TracyJo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

TracyJO and Kingswife I pray things turn around for u guys soon.....

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just went thru a similar circumstance. We had an immigration lawyer do ours so we could be sure it was all done right. My fiance is 8 years younger than me, and our interview lasted about 5 minutes also. The interviewer didnt look at one piece of evidence my fiance took with him. Same reason given. We have tried everything to get our case re-evaluated. We have a lawyer from California, we had a senator, and a congressman intervene on our behalf. We had tons of evidence of the entirety of our relationship.(2 years). But in the end, before they could re-evaluate our case, the USCIS still denied us, because our petition had "expired" and suggested that we "start over". I dont understsand how refiling can help anyones case. If they suppose you are scamming the system now, wont you STILL be scamming the system next year? not to mention all the money we will spend and time wasted apart. Everyone I talked to in the immigration offices, or USCIS, gave us a different answer to any questions we asked. This system is in serious need of reform. I can understand having laws, but I dont think one interviewer should determine the outcome of a visa request.

Timeline

I was.denied for the same reason. You gotta go a few times. The embassy is nothing to mess with. I believe if I would've join this website before I submitted my petition I would've got through. I visited once before I applied and they want you at least visit once after the petition. So my thoughts to you is to try your best to get over there twice while your case is being reviewed. Its going yo be a bit before you hear something, but in the mean time work on getting more evidence even if you gotta borrow the money.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.