NaudyDanny

Lockbox vs service center

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ummmm...

could someone explain the difference between the lockbox where i submitted my i-130 (Phoenix, AZ)and a service center. Everytime i look for a timeline or such i only see info about the Service Center. How and when will i know which one im assigned too?

-Gracias..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A lock box is a drop box where mail goes. A service center is a place where people work on the petitions.

You can tell from your NOA1

EAC is Vermont

WAC is California.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

Ummmm...could someone explain the difference between the lockbox where i submitted my i-130 (Phoenix, AZ)and a service center. Everytime i look for a timeline or such i only see info about the Service Center. How and when will i know which one im assigned too?-Gracias..

Your petition is mailed to the Phoenix Lockbox. They receive the petition and re-route it to the appropriate service center, either California or Vermont. All processing is done at either of these service centers.

You'll know which once you get once you receive your NOA1.

Lockbox is nothing but a place where all the mail have been sorted, validated for initial documentation and check cashed. After that they are forwarded to the service centers that will do actual adjudication of the file. There are currently 2 service centers that are processing application Vermont and California. Your NOA1 that you will get, will say in what service center your petition is in.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Timeline
Lockbox facilities are operated by a financial agent authorized by the Department of Treasury. This financial agent manages the intake of USCIS benefit applications and the collection of associated fees submitted directly by mail. It provides the mechanisms to capture information electronically from USCIS applications and petitions, deposit associated fees, forward the information to USCIS systems via an interface, and generate acceptance and rejection notices to applicants. The financial agent is also responsible for preparing the application-related files in accordance with USCIS guidance and sending the files to the next processing site. The financial agent does not approve or deny petitions/applications received.

In the mid-1980s, in what was then a bold innovation called the “Direct Mail Program,” the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), the precursor to USCIS (in 2003), established Service Centers. These would gradually handle more and more of the mail, data entry, fee collection, file, and adjudication operations of most applications and/or petitions for immigration services and benefits that had previously been done at INS district offices. Forms were mailed to the Service Centers, which were not staffed to handle walk-in applicants or answer questions.

http://www.uscis.gov/lockbox

• 12 years later...

I submitted my application form i-485 to lockbox Arizona for over two months now and i have not got a receipt or a confirmation of my application and i need the receipt NO to apply for my EAD since I forgot to add EAD document to the document i submitted before. What do I do?

i wanted to cancel it and resend another application including my EAD documents. Is it allowed .

i need response . 
thanks

Edited by Macdon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.