20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I hope leaving it to the last minute doesn't harm you in any way. You completed AOS with your first husband so there must have been enough evidence for you to show a bona-fide relationship in some way? In order to show a marriage entered in good faith, you'll need more than letters I think?

Did you report the abuse suffered during the time with your ex-husband? If not, using it now will look suspicious, to me at least. How long were you married? how soon after your divorce did you marry your new husband? is the child his? Why did you leave it until a short period before your conditional period ended to act? These are all things that could potentially show up as red flags. I would make sure, if not already aware, that your current husband is clued up on everything that has happened to this point.

I wish you the best of luck in your process and hope it's a positive outcome.

Filed: Timeline

I hope leaving it to the last minute doesn't harm you in any way. You completed AOS with your first husband so there must have been enough evidence for you to show a bona-fide relationship in some way? In order to show a marriage entered in good faith, you'll need more than letters I think?

Did you report the abuse suffered during the time with your ex-husband? If not, using it now will look suspicious, to me at least. How long were you married? how soon after your divorce did you marry your new husband? is the child his? Why did you leave it until a short period before your conditional period ended to act? These are all things that could potentially show up as red flags. I would make sure, if not already aware, that your current husband is clued up on everything that has happened to this point.

I wish you the best of luck in your process and hope it's a positive outcome.

Yes my current husband knows everything. I have all the police reports. I have all our chat logs when were jz starting. Lots of pics. We have two years joint income tax return. I was almost bed ridden with my pregnancy with my current husband. I dont have money for filing then we moved to a new place, find a job and get situated. But, it jz 6 months after the divorced when i remarried :(. And Thank u for wishing me luck. I do hope everything will be fine coz i have a baby that needs me.

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Thank u so much for letting me know that my second marriage wont affect my visa. And thank u to all of u who replied. Yesterday i got a hold of an atty that is willing to work on my case with a payment plan. Im so thankful about it.. Now my question is.. Does my ex husband letters in the past asking me to marry him will help me prove that i entered the marriage in good faith?? And if there is anyone here who have the same situation lile me. Please let me know what happen after filing the papers?

Hi,

Any documentation that shows your 1st marriage was in good faith and documentation about abuse from your 1st husband, it will help with your case. Your attorney should know what to do. Make sure you have a really good attorney that knows and familiar with immigration cases like yours. If you have time, go to www.superlawyers.com

You need to file the ROC as soon as possible. I don't know about USCIS rules about late filing. I just know that USCIS is very strict about filing ROC 90 days before your 2nd anniversary as a conditional resident. You don't want to complicate your case by missing deadline for ROC filing.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You asked earlier if letters from your first husband asking you to marry him is good evidence that you entered the marriage in good faith. I'd say, no (but this is simply my unprofessional opinion). By all means, include these, but you'll need a lot more than that to prove you entered in good faith! First off, those letters happened BEFORE you even entered the US and were used when you filed originally (I'm assuming K-1?). You need documentation from the moment you entered the US until the moment you divorced to show that you entered on good faith. I'm no expert on what documents are required for this, but I'm sure there are loads of threads explaining that. Good luck.

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Filed: Country:
Timeline

First, for free assistance check out Catholic Charities...

Second, proof of Good Faith in your first marriage you'll want things like proof you had joint accounts and lived together. Co-mingling your lives is the best evidence of good faith marriage...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.