I AM NOT THAT GUY

The Say Anything Thread -- Take 14

2,583 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A flashlight is a case for holding dead batteries.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

it's rather sad to see this thread turn into another version of the blue box thread. it used to be a thread where there was discussions amongst the members about various topics, quite lively even. now it seems to be nothing more than a post boosting thread full of one line pearls of wisdom that add nothing towards creating a discussion amongst the members of vj.

the below link is the original iteration of this thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/74323-the-say-anything-thread/

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

it's rather sad to see this thread turn into another version of the blue box thread. it used to be a thread where there was discussions amongst the members about various topics, quite lively even. now it seems to be nothing more than a post boosting thread full of one line pearls of wisdom that add nothing towards creating a discussion amongst the members of vj.

well, it is called the "say anything" thread :whistle:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

yea agreed the anything thread normally has almost a chat type discussion however too many ppl want to fight and intimidate other users so no one discusses anything here coz someone will come and jump all over them wid a condescending attitude. thats my observation.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Other than a few of the actual game threads, ie, geography, scrabble, and a couple of the word games, the entire forum is composed of post whoring threads. The various posting numbers threads, temperature thread, time thread, I have never thread, etc. There is little discussion among members. Now we have people who post 10 consecutive times in several threads with no one else replying in between. Some users must sit at their keyboards all day and night waiting to pounce 5 seconds after someone posts. It appears that the whole idea of OT is to add to ones post count.

What I find comical is that most of the post padding threads that we have today were only started as a mockery of the Who's Next thread and were started to do one thing and one thing only, mock Nagi and IR5. There was a multitude of talking behind the backs of these two users on a couple of different forums, some by those who started the mockery threads. At least they confined themselves to one or two threads. Now the post whoring is in most every thread, and not just in OT.

The Say Anything thread has recently become a part of this overall problem. OT is being destroyed by the post padding. Several long time members quite posting here because of it. Charles, I hope you will let this post stay. I am not calling anyone out or naming names. Obviously you realize what is going on and watch on a daily basis as each thread goes down the tubes. There is no more playful bantering. It's all about who has the most posts everyday and how fast they can get their hearts.

There is ample room and opportunity for the new users to fit in with the veterans. No need for anyone to get bent out of shape. However, in recent times, there has been no effort made to do so. It appears that the modus operandi is to dominate every thread in the forum. And it is done with the blessing of administration who has made no attempt to correct this. Instead, the standard reply is, if you don't like it, don't post here. Or just ignore it, which I have largely done for the past 2 months. But on and on it goes.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

yea agreed the anything thread normally has almost a chat type discussion however too many ppl want to fight and intimidate other users so no one discusses anything here coz someone will come and jump all over them wid a condescending attitude. thats my observation.

actually, one of the rules to the thread was no fighting. you'll find that mentioned in the previous iterations of this thread. there was several instances of bickering that was shut down by other posters in the past, and all was well. it was expected of all participants to follow that, which most did - the few who didn't want to stopped posting as others ignored them.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

well, it is called the "say anything" thread :whistle:

more like "post anything" which i doubt michelle, the op, would have wanted. :hehe:

Hi i came back was i missed?

of course. it's about time you showed up.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
the modus operandi is to dominate every thread in the forum.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

As the OP of "Keep and Kick" and "I Have Never, " I'm considering having those threads closed so they'll stop serving as post pimps to post whores.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

They're getting really bad. I don't participate, because what's the point? 20 minutes later, one person will have posted another 10-15 times and my post is long gone ... these aren't games. If they were games, other people would be participating. Instead, one or two people who are posting 100 posts a day (not a made up number, either) just talk to themselves. And not even ORIGINAL content, just ####### they find somewhere else.

Either move the game threads to another subforum so people in OT can actually have conversations, or get rid of them.

As the OP of "Keep and Kick" and "I Have Never, " I'm considering having those threads closed so they'll stop serving as post pimps to post whores.

It's really too bad that it has come to this. Those threads were fun at one time and weren't abused like they are now. One user is basically responsible for the closing of several threads that were open for years, all due to post padding nonsense.

We really used to have actual conversations in most of those threads. Not anymore, it's just posting a stupid picture or saying something idiotic now.

They're getting really bad. I don't participate, because what's the point? 20 minutes later, one person will have posted another 10-15 times and my post is long gone ... these aren't games. If they were games, other people would be participating. Instead, one or two people who are posting 100 posts a day (not a made up number, either) just talk to themselves. And not even ORIGINAL content, just ####### they find somewhere else.

Either move the game threads to another subforum so people in OT can actually have conversations, or get rid of them.

Agreed. Maybe they should just give certain users the maximum number of hearts so they won't have any goals to strive for?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015