diamanteDR

March (2012) filers...

4,669 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think it is harder for the beneficiary as they are in a limbo, and can't really make career changes during the waiting period. The beneficiary has to leave their job, friends and family behind and virtually start from scratch again once they enter the States. The petitioner usually only has to deal with the separation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'd just call, aside for being put on hold for a while. I had no issues speaking to someone. She was really nice and even cleared up some of the confusion I had about the rest of the process.

We were approved on Sept 20th. Send 2 emails. Nothing. My lawyer is going to call for me since I am out of the country. :(

After 30 min of waiting

my fiance has spoke with someone in NVC , and they received our case

Just keep trying

Our K-1 Visa Timeline

09/03/2012: I-129 sent

14/03/2012: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

04/10/2012: I-129F NOA2 (Approved) after 203 days of waiting !!

09/10/2012: Package Received By NVC

Good Luck for all of us :)

Timeline

Well, another Monday... I don't post here on the weekends because my fiance is off from work so I like to spend every second I can with him and it keeps me from thinking about our visa. I feel physically ill when I think about it at this point, bleh. So, what happens now? What happens when you've sent in numerous congressional inquiries, service requests, etc... and they still don't tend to your case and let's say another two or three months go by (which at this point I am fully assuming they will never approve or look at our case again). Do we have to re-apply? Do we have to pay another $350-ish dollars? Will they expedite it at that point because they never delivered an NOA2 on our first case? What are the chances that this will happen again? I'm just wondering how many cases fall through the cracks... I've seen a few on visa journey and since this is only a small percentage of the cases handled I assume a lot fall through the cracks. I guess I'm just trying to anticipate our next step.

event.png

I-129F Sent: 1-23-12

NOA1: 2-6-2012

RFE: 8-16-2012

RFE Received by USCIS: 8-28-2012

NOA2: 10-17-2012

Packet 3 Sent: 11-14-2012

Medical: 11-19-2012

Interview: 1-24-2013 - Approved!

Well, another Monday... I don't post here on the weekends because my fiance is off from work so I like to spend every second I can with him and it keeps me from thinking about our visa. I feel physically ill when I think about it at this point, bleh. So, what happens now? What happens when you've sent in numerous congressional inquiries, service requests, etc... and they still don't tend to your case and let's say another two or three months go by (which at this point I am fully assuming they will never approve or look at our case again). Do we have to re-apply? Do we have to pay another $350-ish dollars? Will they expedite it at that point because they never delivered an NOA2 on our first case? What are the chances that this will happen again? I'm just wondering how many cases fall through the cracks... I've seen a few on visa journey and since this is only a small percentage of the cases handled I assume a lot fall through the cracks. I guess I'm just trying to anticipate our next step.

I thought a lot about you in particular this weekend. People can poke fun at me, but I'm a very spiritual person and think if we can all focus on your approval, perhaps we can help it.

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Filed: Timeline

I think it is harder for the beneficiary as they are in a limbo, and can't really make career changes during the waiting period. The beneficiary has to leave their job, friends and family behind and virtually start from scratch again once they enter the States. The petitioner usually only has to deal with the separation.

True! it's a big sacrifice but in the end it'll really be worth it being with the one we love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

... the tickets aren't really proof that you travelled as far as they are concerned... would you still have boarding passes (proof that you actually boarded the plane and travelled); also copy of passport stamps; receipts from shops or ATM's during your stay. Did they actually ask for affadavits - if so, get those. Credit card/bank card statements showing you made purchases during those dates at that location.

Copies of photos should have date and location detailed on the back.

Best of luck!

p.s. also, you only need to prove you have been together once within the two years prior to sending your I-129F. So provide as much as you can for one visit if that is all you have available.

yes I submitted all of the above last week to answer my RFE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm going to message you the phone # of the assistant to the director of USCIS. Try and see if she can help.

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

I'm going to message you the phone # of the assistant to the director of USCIS. Try and see if she can help.

Great idea! There is no excuse for this delay!!

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

US citizen

Timeline

I thought a lot about you in particular this weekend. People can poke fun at me, but I'm a very spiritual person and think if we can all focus on your approval, perhaps we can help it.

I called the congress lady today who has been helping us. She said USCIS has 6 days to reply to her inquiry and that they 'have' to reply in the next six days. I asked her what penalty there was for them if they didn't reply and she said none. So, I asked her what insures then that they will do it at all? She says they will, but if they reply that the case is still being processed that they will send another inquiry. This makes very little sense to me. She said, usually they will eventually just process the case so they don't have to reply to the inquiries anymore. What?! So, the way congress works with USCIS is to simply pester them to death? No repercussions. Just bothering them until they do something. Somehow I felt they had more power than that...

As far as being spiritual goes, there have been times in my life that I have been. As of late I'm afraid my faith in much of anything is lacking. But... who knows?

Is this who you talked to? Were they nice? Do you think that really helped your case?

event.png

I-129F Sent: 1-23-12

NOA1: 2-6-2012

RFE: 8-16-2012

RFE Received by USCIS: 8-28-2012

NOA2: 10-17-2012

Packet 3 Sent: 11-14-2012

Medical: 11-19-2012

Interview: 1-24-2013 - Approved!

Hello fellow marchies! :)

Sep10,2010 - met via messenger at work (same company)
Mar21,2011 - officially bf/gf wink.png
Oct2-15,2011 - first time together (Philippines)
Feb2012 - gathered K1 requirements
March23 - I-129f sent to Dallas lockbox
Mar26 - noa1 routed to VSC (email/text)
March29 - touched
Sep18 - Finally.. NOA2!!!
Oct11 & 12 - SLEC medical exam - PASSED!
Oct24 - USEM Manila interview - PASSED! Thanks God..
Nov13 - POE DFW, TX
Nov20 - Dallas,TX wedding
-----

Feb12 - AOS sent

Mar13 - Biometrics

Apr6 - got my EAD/AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Oh ok ... I just saw that last post - great that you have it on the move and let's hope for a quick turnaround :thumbs:

:yes:

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I hope you get it quick man. My status got updated to RFE review on 9/28. Im at the

"i panic everytime i get a text" stage :D

Its 17 days now, and someone that sent same day as me got approved on Friday so im assuming im next.

N-400

03/28/2016 - N-400 sent
04/07/2016 - NOA1
05/03/2016 - Biometrics done

XX/XX/2016 - Interview letter in mail.
XX/XX/2016 - Interview date.

-------

K1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Moscow, Russia
I-129F Sent : 2012-03-28
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-03-30
I-129F RFE(s) : 2012-09-20
RFE Reply(s) : 2012-09-26
I-129F NOA2 : 2012-10-16
NVC Received : 2012-10-23
NVC Left : 2012-10-25
Consulate Received : 2012-10-29
Packet 3 Received :
Packet 3 Sent :
Packet 4 Received :
Interview Date : 2012-11-20 Submit Review
Interview Result : Approved

Timeline

Monday will mark 7 months of waiting for us. I could cope with a delay buts its the uncertainty of what if its an RFE at the end of it that gives me anxiety. I contacted my fiance's congressman and senator yesterday and got an email back from the congressman asking for more details and for my fiance to sign a release form. We will see if that helps. And we will try to do a service request when I get to the States in a few days time. I know its somewhere on here but could someone point me in the direction of the USCIS telephone number for Vermont and the options you press to get through to a tier 2? That would be really appreciated, thank you. I thought for sure we would have heard prior to my upcoming visit but I am grateful I get fly to America on Saturday to spend 2 weeks with my fiance and enjoy the fall weather in Arkansas, going to go to some craft fairs to pick out Christmas presents to bring back to England.

VAWA

February 10, 2014 - NOA1 for I-360, I485 and I-765

March 14, 2014 - Biometrics

April 4, 2014 - Approval of I-360!

May 14, 2014 - Approval of EAD

June 23, 2014 - I-485 transferred to NBC

August 7, 2014 - Put in service request

September 23, 2014 - Interview - approved!

October 4, 2014 - Green card received

Total time:7 months 25 days

Monday will mark 7 months of waiting for us. I could cope with a delay buts its the uncertainty of what if its an RFE at the end of it that gives me anxiety. I contacted my fiance's congressman and senator yesterday and got an email back from the congressman asking for more details and for my fiance to sign a release form. We will see if that helps. And we will try to do a service request when I get to the States in a few days time. I know its somewhere on here but could someone point me in the direction of the USCIS telephone number for Vermont and the options you press to get through to a tier 2? That would be really appreciated, thank you. I thought for sure we would have heard prior to my upcoming visit but I am grateful I get fly to America on Saturday to spend 2 weeks with my fiance and enjoy the fall weather in Arkansas, going to go to some craft fairs to pick out Christmas presents to bring back to England.

Enjoy your time together :)

Unfortunately, you'll need to explain to the person who answers the phone that you need to talk to a tier 2 person. They may try to convince you otherwise, but keep being persistent and they will eventually transfer you.

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

US citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.