diamanteDR

March (2012) filers...

4,669 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wow! There are other ways to "please a man" other than through the stomach (or maybe not-ha ha!)

Nick and Elizabeth- i have found in life that once one stops giveing a f##k, things change for the better. I am sure that if you just pretend to yourself everything is over, and stop being frustrated, suddenly everything will change for the better.

I am sick of how this process tries to make everyone stay "on-hold" - lets beat the system and just forget about time lines etc.

Future topic- How is your spouse going to feed you? LOL

Timeline

Thanks everyone. I just had such a rough morning. I can't remember the time I cried so hard, but I know it's been years. It's comforting to be able to come here though and see the support when you are feeling so very low. I really do appreciate everyone in this thread. We may not all see eye to eye on every issue, but it's good that we are still there for each other. As angry and as bitter as I have felt your replies softened my heart this morning and I thank you for that. :blush:

You have every right to vent, scream, rage... my heart truly goes out to you. You have been utterly patient and such a positive person through this. I know people say to try to look on the bright side, but that does nothing to ease the fury you feel in your heart. The best thing I could suggest is to call their *sses every day. Each and every single day, even twice a day... call them and vent it on them. Declare war and push it every single time you call. What have you got to lose? Be THAT person nobody wants to be and avoids, because drastic times call for drastic measures. You deserve to be approved even more than I do, and I am so sorry it is the case. It is unfair. I don't want to see you move on.. stay with us as you're part of our 'family' now. (L)

Marchies... please if we can help it... if you have a question about NVC or medicals or interviews, for now please PM people or start a separate thread. Until ALL of us are approved, we should remain a haven where all are not reminded and approvals don't feel smeared in their faces. We all know what that agony of waiting is like. Let's try to make it easier on our friends by not reminding them they are STILL waiting. (F)

This is probably one of the kindest and most thoughtful things I have seen written. I'm sure the other February filers that came from that thread probably did so because it was just because too painful to watch everyone move onto the next process without them. Suddenly, the conversations were all about interviews and packets and posts from those of us still waiting seemed to be on occasion totally overlooked. I really appreciate the sentiment in that. Tigerflower, thank you for being so continually uplifting, empathetic, sympathizing, thoughtful, and genuinely kind. I'm really happy your visa was approved, because you do deserve it. :star:

event.png

I-129F Sent: 1-23-12

NOA1: 2-6-2012

RFE: 8-16-2012

RFE Received by USCIS: 8-28-2012

NOA2: 10-17-2012

Packet 3 Sent: 11-14-2012

Medical: 11-19-2012

Interview: 1-24-2013 - Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I'm afraid I felt a little more accepting of it all a month and a half ago when I got my RFE. I hope you don't have to wait so long, but at this point it is nearly impossible to think of anything else. It seems like everything in my life is a constant reminder of what's missing from it. I 'wish' we could afford to take a trip together or even just visit each other, but it's not in the cards. Neither of us can spare that kind of expensive at the moment. I know there's nothing we can do, that's what makes it worse. I just needed to get it off my chest.

Hey

I didn't realise it was so long ago.

Rant away please!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks everyone. I just had such a rough morning. I can't remember the time I cried so hard, but I know it's been years. It's comforting to be able to come here though and see the support when you are feeling so very low. I really do appreciate everyone in this thread. We may not all see eye to eye on every issue, but it's good that we are still there for each other. As angry and as bitter as I have felt your replies softened my heart this morning and I thank you for that. :blush:

This is probably one of the kindest and most thoughtful things I have seen written. I'm sure the other February filers that came from that thread probably did so because it was just because too painful to watch everyone move onto the next process without them. Suddenly, the conversations were all about interviews and packets and posts from those of us still waiting seemed to be on occasion totally overlooked. I really appreciate the sentiment in that. Tigerflower, thank you for being so continually uplifting, empathetic, sympathizing, thoughtful, and genuinely kind. I'm really happy your visa was approved, because you do deserve it. :star:

Thanks Tigerflower and I do agree you've been very kind throughout this difficult time. Nick+Elizabeth....my heart goes out to you. As soon as folks get their aprovals, I agree that suddenly the conversation changes and the rest of us are forgotten. For this reason, I decided I would just stay away until I can relate to the conversation, because I also understand their joy and cannot force anyone to understand my own personal pain. I don't plan on hanging out with April or May or June filers (if I'm still in limbo). I'll just disappear until some action is taken. Seeing posts about August CSC filers getting approvals by October hurts even more. Anyway, I wish you luck and like Tigerflower said, I think you really should bombard them because your file is sitting somewhere. RFE response really shouldn't take 2 months to be updated. I hope you get your approval very, very soon.

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Thanks Tigerflower and I do agree you've been very kind throughout this difficult time. Nick+Elizabeth....my heart goes out to you. As soon as folks get their aprovals, I agree that suddenly the conversation changes and the rest of us are forgotten. For this reason, I decided I would just stay away until I can relate to the conversation, because I also understand their joy and cannot force anyone to understand my own personal pain.

Please stay with us... we are all here and talking about food!! :)

You are kind, thank you. But please do vent on here... we are here to help you and support you.

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Timeline

Thanks Tigerflower and I do agree you've been very kind throughout this difficult time. Nick+Elizabeth....my heart goes out to you. As soon as folks get their aprovals, I agree that suddenly the conversation changes and the rest of us are forgotten. For this reason, I decided I would just stay away until I can relate to the conversation, because I also understand their joy and cannot force anyone to understand my own personal pain. I don't plan on hanging out with April or May or June filers (if I'm still in limbo). I'll just disappear until some action is taken. Seeing posts about August CSC filers getting approvals by October hurts even more. Anyway, I wish you luck and like Tigerflower said, I think you really should bombard them because your file is sitting somewhere. RFE response really shouldn't take 2 months to be updated. I hope you get your approval very, very soon.

I agree. I wouldn't want to take anyone else's joy away or have people feel held back on my account. I'm sure when/if we get our approval I will want to shout it from the rooftops! However, I find it touching that the feelings of those still waiting were considered. I think part of the reason to moving along to another thread is that people seem to give great updated info as to what they find out is going on with VSC. Though it hasn't seemed help thus far, it's nice to be part of that collective working towards the same end. And, hey, misery loves company! I don't intend to abandon this thread for good though. Like Islandgal, I might just veer away for a bit until I get my approval. I really don't want to bring anyone down.

event.png

Timeline

Please stay with us... we are all here and talking about food!! :)

Food I can talk about! I already told Nicholas, when he gets here I think it would be nice to do one night a week where we cook a tradition English meal. :) Maybe a Sunday roast, or bangers and mash, a meat pie, bubble and squeak, etc. I really want him to feel at home here and I think some of that comes with having access to those comfort foods you grew up with. It should be a pretty interesting culinary adventure for me as well. I feel confident about the English roast, but not so confident about yorkshire pudding, pasties, and the like. I did tell him the one food he can flat out say goodbye to is Black Pudding because I don't think you will find pig's blood for sale at any American Butcher shop! Not to mention it sounds like it would be just horrible to cook it up (I've tried a bite, but I don't think I want it in my kitchen, haha).

event.png

Food I can talk about! I already told Nicholas, when he gets here I think it would be nice to do one night a week where we cook a tradition English meal. :) Maybe a Sunday roast, or bangers and mash, a meat pie, bubble and squeak, etc. I really want him to feel at home here and I think some of that comes with having access to those comfort foods you grew up with. It should be a pretty interesting culinary adventure for me as well. I feel confident about the English roast, but not so confident about yorkshire pudding, pasties, and the like. I did tell him the one food he can flat out say goodbye to is Black Pudding because I don't think you will find pig's blood for sale at any American Butcher shop! Not to mention it sounds like it would be just horrible to cook it up (I've tried a bite, but I don't think I want it in my kitchen, haha).

:rofl: :rofl:

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

US citizen

No please Islandgal , stay with us

As far as I concern , I went to visit my family and im back now

U are not alone , we are with us and im feeling that this weel will be yours

We feel your pain and it's not easy to deal with this waiting

Plz stay :crying:

Our K-1 Visa Timeline

09/03/2012: I-129 sent

14/03/2012: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

04/10/2012: I-129F NOA2 (Approved) after 203 days of waiting !!

09/10/2012: Package Received By NVC

Good Luck for all of us :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Wow! There are other ways to "please a man" other than through the stomach (or maybe not-ha ha!)

Future topic- How is your spouse going to feed you? LOL

Oh yes! :D

That's a great idea! And I am with you on the Black Pudding!!!

Our Journey:

10/02/2011: Met while working in Afghanistan
10/15/2011: First "date"
01/03/2012: Hired an attorney to file our K-1
02/05/2012: He returned to Macedonia
02/29/2012: My first visit to Skopje
03/03/2012: Met my future family
03/15/2012: I-129F package mailed / returned to Afghanistan
03/19/2012: Received notification of arrival of I-129F
03/21/2012: NOA1 mailed
07/15/2012: 2nd trip to Skopje
09/20/2012: NOA2 notice
10/05/2012: Attorney Received Case number from NVC
10/25/2012: Received packet 3 ( the same time I left on my flight back to the US)
11/06/2012: Medical Scheduled
11/15/2012: Interview - Denied due to "lack of proof of relationship"
11/27/2012; 2nd Interview scheduled - APPROVED!
11/29/2012: VISA IN HAND!
11/30/2012: POE NYC-JFK
12/12/2012: WEDDING!!!

02/26/2013: I-485 Filed

09/10/2013: Green card received NO INTERVIEW!!!!

Timeline

Oh yes! :D

That's a great idea! And I am with you on the Black Pudding!!!

This Black Pudding topic reminds me of one of my visits to Paris. It's probably called something else in France (my friends getting married were from Guadeloupe and Algeria), but from Nick+Elizabeth's description it sounds the same. Eeewwww (sorry to all you Europeans who love this delicacy)... Anyway, I was at their wedding in Paris and I left this bloody delicacy on my plate. My goodness! My neighbor at the table kindly asked me if he could have the blood leftover. I was floored, but happily passed it to him! I could not believe that he didn't want me to discard of the precious Blood Pudding, so much so that he had to ask for it.

Edited by islandgal

K1

AOS

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Ewwew. (sorry but it does sound gross).

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

US citizen

Timeline

Almost as bad as marmite! Haha. Yeah, my curiosity got me to try a bite, but I had to try really hard NOT to think about what I was putting in my mouth. Surprisingly, it was not the most horrible thing I have ever eaten. The marmite was probably the most horrible! Heh.

@ Islandgal, I can't imagine what that could have been. Blood Pudding looks like a little black hockey puck almost :wacko: It sounds like what you had was decidedly more... bloody?

Edited by Nick + Elizabeth

event.png

Timeline

Almost as bad as marmite! Haha. Yeah, my curiosity got me to try a bite, but I had to try really hard NOT to think about what I was putting in my mouth. Surprisingly, it was not the most horrible thing I have ever eaten. The marmite was probably the most horrible! Heh.

@ Islandgal, I can't imagine what that could have been. Blood Pudding looks like a little black hockey puck almost :wacko: It sounds like what you had was decidedly more... bloody?

The blood was cooked and hardened like meat I guess... It looked like a round ball or something like the hockey puck description. No way was I eating that thing.

K1

AOS

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

NVC -

Interview -

The blood was cooked and hardened like meat I guess... It looked like a round ball or something like the hockey puck description. No way was I eating that thing.

:rofl: You guys are killing me...

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

US citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.