solonow

Packet 3 and the works

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Fo rmonths I have followed visajourney and read a lot of helpful information and a lot of misleading info. Im going to post the K1 application process as it is for US Citizen applying for Egyptian beneficiary. I do have some questions and will post them at the bottom.

1) Application filed with USCIS. (we did not follow visajourneys recommendations. We sent our applications (129s, 325 etc, 5 personal pics and a 2 emails, my flight tickets from y visit,letters of intent. our app packet was very slim and to the point. we did NOT include passport typer photos)

2) We tracked our app process on the uscis website. Forwarded to NVC after 5 months.

3) I contacted NVC after 2 weeks (NOT 30 days as visa journey recommends) They were able to give me our ccase number and the date that is was sent to the Embassy in cairo. I did confirm this by using the dhl search that some of the members recommend, it was accurate)

4) After 1 week I contacted the Embassy in cairo via email and they responded immediately. They were able to email me the expected contents of packet 3 so we could begin completing the forms.

5) three weeks after NVC sent the packet to the embassy my fiance received packet three. DHL called his mobile and advised him he could pick it up. I have not seen anyone mention that when packet 3 is delivered there is a fee for the beneficiary, so be aware, 37 EGP to pick up your packet. INSIDE THE PACKET IS A LETTER ADDRESSED TO EVERYONE DHL SENT PACKET 3 TO. YOUR NAME WILL NOT BE ON THE DHL PACKAGE, EVERYONES ADDRESS IS LISTED ON IT THOUGH.

6) The dhl packet i will send him from teh US containing all our documents from Packet 3 (I downloaded them and we completed them online now i send them back to him also with my 134-NOTARIZED and tax forms, W2s. SENDING THIS TO EGYPT WILL COST 74 USD)

7) we have begun completing the paperwork as required. when MY FIAnce receives the dhl package i am sending him he will put it all together and then send back to the embassy, it will cost 50EGP

8) Then we will wait for the letter, Packet 4, which will inform him of his interview time and date. This will also be sent via dhl so expect another 37EGP

Now for my questions:

When does he submit his physicla results? When he returns packet 3 OR at the time of his interview?

Packet 3 does not request my pay stubs or bank records, but I see many visa journey members send them in packet 3 back to the embassy. do I or dont i?

As for the letters from my employers, will my employers be contacted via phone for confirmation? I work a professional job but with irregular contracts and schedules so I am worried that if the employers are contacted the Embassy might not be provided the proper information.

How much is the physical?

Which vaccinations have Egyptian benficiaries been required to have? how much?

what exactly should he take with him to his interview? can I attend his interview ith him. The embassy site says NO, but i see a few k1s that say they went in teh embassy with their fiance.

Timeline

Hello there :yes:

For my case, I followed everything on visajourney and did not find it misleading- i know sometimes it seems as there are contradictory info but in the end it was all good :thumbs:

I will try to help with your questions as my fiance and I have just went through the K1 process and had our interview on the 5th.

When does he submit his physicla results? When he returns packet 3 OR at the time of his interview? He should return it with his packet 3

Packet 3 does not request my pay stubs or bank records, but I see many visa journey members send them in packet 3 back to the embassy. do I or dont i? I sent mine in- you can send copies.

As for the letters from my employers, will my employers be contacted via phone for confirmation? I work a professional job but with irregular contracts and schedules so I am worried that if the employers are contacted the Embassy might not be provided the proper information.- They usually do not call- but you never know...can you provide other forms of contact? maybe it should be specified in the letter

How much is the physical? I believe its around 400-500 EGP

Which vaccinations have Egyptian benficiaries been required to have? how much? Sorry I am not sure about this one

what exactly should he take with him to his interview? can I attend his interview ith him. The embassy site says NO, but i see a few k1s that say they went in teh embassy with their fiance.- You should take all evidence that proof your tie to your fiance- pics, emails, phone records, skype records, engagement party photos if any with family members, engagment ring receipt, etc.... The embassy recently changes the rules- you are no longer allowed to attend the interview. When I went I had to wait outside- but I gave my fiance my passport so he can show the counsler that i am here ( but she didnt ask for it). They told me if I was needed they would call me from outside the embassy.

Good Luck- I am sure others will fill in missing info... :thumbs:

Also- you should probably fill in your timeline so others can help you- it will come in handy since your about to send in the packet 3 and are waiting for your interview date

Edited by nyc_alex

K1 Timeline

I-129f Sent ............................. 07/11/2011

I-129f Rec'd............................ 07/13/2011

NOA1 ...................................... 07/15/2011

NOA2 ...................................... 11/22/2011

NVC Received ...................... 11/30/2011

NVC Left ................................. 12/07/2011

Consulate Received ............ 12/13/2011

Packet 3 Received ............... 12/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent ........................ 12/28/2011

Packet 4 Received ................ 2/2/2012 (Received a phone call)

Interview ................................ 2/5/2012 - APPROVED!! ... WITH AP

Visa Rec'd................................ 6/13/2012

AOS received..............................9/12/2012

EAD............................................11/29/2012

GC????????

Timeline

I forgot to mention that I sent in my bank statement (with a significant amount) with packet 3 because my income barely fit the requirements. Also your w2 forms. Dont take any chances give more than they ask for. You dont want any delays at this point.

K1 Timeline

GC????????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids, Pertussis, Influenza Type B (HIB), Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Varicella, Pneumococcal, Influenza, Rotavirus.

Each vaccines he needs can cost up to 150 pounds extra.

So plan on 600 pounds for the medical and if it only costs 220 pounds be happy

If any of this information is inaccurate I appologize. It was up to date information in December.

Follow information at your own risk

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids, Pertussis, Influenza Type B (HIB), Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Varicella, Pneumococcal, Influenza, Rotavirus.

Each vaccines he needs can cost up to 150 pounds extra.

So plan on 600 pounds for the medical and if it only costs 220 pounds be happy

If any of this information is inaccurate I appologize. It was up to date information in December.

Follow information at your own risk

Thanks. Do you happen to know how the Hep B vaccine would be administered? Its VERY expensive even in US and is a series of 3. It would be pointless to receive only one and would take montsh to complete the series...so hwo does this work? Is there an opt out option for certain vaccinations due to side effects? If he refuses a certain vaccination will hsi visa be denied?

Timeline

I am not sure if he can refuse the series of Hepatitis B shots. I read some people start the shots in egypt and finish in USA but when he comes here I doubt he will have insurance to cover those shots and they are VERY expensive in USA. Shots are really cheap in Egypt.

He cannot refuse those that USA says are mandatory or he does not get to come here unless he is pregnant and gets a doctor excuse. lol

I believe some people get one shot with 3 vaccines in it

If he has records of getting his shots from his childhood doctor then he doesnt need shots

Most people do not keep records that far back so they just get the shots again

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

I forgot to mention that I sent in my bank statement (with a significant amount) with packet 3 because my income barely fit the requirements. Also your w2 forms. Dont take any chances give more than they ask for. You dont want any delays at this point.

Thanks, I think we will go overboard on this packet instead of taking the "less is more" approach we took when we iunitially replied...now i have another question. On 134 it asks exactly what you intend to provide for your fiance and for how long? Is this a trick question? what did youwrite?

Timeline

I am not sure if he can refuse the series of Hepatitis B shots. I read some people start the shots in egypt and finish in USA but when he comes here I doubt he will have insurance to cover those shots and they are VERY expensive in USA. Shots are really cheap in Egypt.

He cannot refuse those that USA says are mandatory or he does not get to come here unless he is pregnant and gets a doctor excuse. lol

I believe some people get one shot with 3 vaccines in it

If he has records of getting his shots from his childhood doctor then he doesnt need shots

Most people do not keep records that far back so they just get the shots again

hmmmm...if I find out hes pregnant this whole thing is OFF, that would be a deal breaker for sure!

:)

Timeline
:rofl:

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Thanks, I think we will go overboard on this packet instead of taking the "less is more" approach we took when we iunitially replied...now i have another question. On 134 it asks exactly what you intend to provide for your fiance and for how long? Is this a trick question? what did youwrite?

After researching on VJ i put N/A which is the safe answer and we had no problems- some people specifically what they will provide. The question is worded strangely.

K1 Timeline

GC????????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.