Pompey Boy!

Baked Beans!

68 posts in this topic

Yay for Wegmans!!

I have made the recipe provided by Honey Crumpet numerous times with the greatest of success! I always make them in a muffin tin, so the kids can't fight over who gets the biggest piece.

I am so glad to hear it's still performing as a good recipe should. :D

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

My local grocery store (I finallly have a Wegmans, Julez!.... yay!) finally started carrying the proper Birds Custard. Could have used that at Christmas when I was frantically looking for some for my baking. <_<

You mentioned Birds Custard. :(

You are now officially on my "evil conspiracy" list for making me miss another food group from the UK. :(

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

You mentioned Birds Custard. :(

Got the custard! And the Dairy Milk and the Toffee Crisp and the chocolate digestives and the Colman's. My BIL's co-worker told him to pack the custard powder into ziploc bags so it wouldn't take up so much room in his suitcase. He laughed and said "So you think packing a powdered substance into bags and going through Customs is a good idea?" :lol:

Oh, and I asked him why the online sites said "Tyke" was a pejorative term and he said he doesn't know why. He said even the Barnsley FC is known as The Tykes.

I got a tin of chocolates too. I think they're Quality Street. I say "think" because I can't recall what I did with them. <_< Oh! and I can't forget the Yorkshire Tea!!!!!!!!!

iagree.gif

my wife is Polish and she is in UK. this food thing could get rough. i cook something really good and my challenge will be mastering hand made perogi and chruski and not annoying my wife LOL IF she will share the knowledge on Polish food i be fine.

and some of the beans??you guys are nuts

lmao

we will have to learn each other's slang and each other's favorites.

i am from Alabama....not sure she will ever come around to black eyed peas. LOL

42 days to go :)

Between love and madness

Filed: Timeline

Wow. You are awesome. I can't say my husband has cooked one single thing since I came here, let alone mastering it. lol (BBQ'ing meat that I hand him doesn't count.) Mind you, he did make an attempt at it when we were still dating. I can confidently say that I am glad he doesn't cook for me. lol

iagree.gif

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Wow. You are awesome. I can't say my husband has cooked one single thing since I came here, let alone mastering it. lol (BBQ'ing meat that I hand him doesn't count.) Mind you, he did make an attempt at it when we were still dating. I can confidently say that I am glad he doesn't cook for me. lol

Now my other half is a bit different. I'm not allowed to cook more than 3-4 times a year. Even she will tell you I'm not at all bad at cooking (I make amazing roast potatoes), it's just that she prefers things at her pace and timescale.

Either that, or she's scared I'll try and sneak a curry in on her. ;)

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Now my other half is a bit different. I'm not allowed to cook more than 3-4 times a year. Even she will tell you I'm not at all bad at cooking (I make amazing roast potatoes), it's just that she prefers things at her pace and timescale.

Either that, or she's scared I'll try and sneak a curry in on her. ;)

Ha! That sounds like me. When my fiancé visits, he always feigns surprise when I "allow" him into the kitchen. Usually, I want the space to myself when I'm cooking/baking. He'll try to come in and ask if I need any help and is promptly greeted with the Death Glare 5000™, which makes him back out of the kitchen slowly with hands raised. :lol:

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I can't wait for my husband to get here and take over the kitchen! He's a better cook and loves to food shop...after 14yrs of doing it I will be happy to hand over the job. :yes:

Married Sept.3,2010

02/11/2011: I130 Sent

02/21/2011: NOA1

06/22/2011: NOA2

06/30/2011: NVC

07/05/2011: DS-3032 email received

07/05/2011: DS-3032 emailed

07/06/2011: AOS Bill received

07/06/2011: AOS Fee Paid

07/09/2011: I864 Sent

07/11/2011: IV Fee Bill received

08/30/2011: IV Fee Paid

09/30/2011: IV Pkg Sent

10/24/2011: RFE (we dragged our feet from here on)

(forget all this for now, let's go on holiday!)

03/13/2012: NVC CASE COMPLETE!!

04/05/2012: Received interview appt email

06/22/2012: Medical @ Knightsbridge

06/29/2012: Interview 8am-Result: Pending

??/??/????: I601 Filed at Lock-Box

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.