donnie7263

She's Gone? Really? Already?

141 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My wife and I still to this day give each other the benefit of the doubt about what we say to each other.....and sometimes we can both be VERY frustrated with the other (especially when it comes to driving training!!).

You NEVER did answer my questions;

How old are you?

How fat and bald are you?

What age group of a woman are you looking for?

Answers to those questions will help us a lot to help you. From what I have read so far, I'd place you at early 30s, maybe never married, never dated a "foreigner" before? How did you meet this woman? What do you intend to do differently, once you go there and meet the "perfect" woman? Know that you will still have to engage this long distance correspondence phase, just like before.

What do you intend to do differently this time? Do you think it's all that woman's fault?

I am 40. I am 5'9". 200 pounds. Maybe a little thinning, but I usually shave my head. Natalia is 32. I don't really have an age range. I would say 24 and up. The younger girls don't have the same values as the older ones. I am divorced after 22 years of marriage. I have 6 kids ranging from 8 to 15 in age. I have been to Ukraine 3 times. I have met all of them on Elenas models website. I don't place anyone at fault. She was not the one. Next!

My wife and I still to this day give each other the benefit of the doubt about what we say to each other.....and sometimes we can both be VERY frustrated with the other (especially when it comes to driving training!!).

How old are you?

Answers to those questions will help us a lot to help you. From what I have read so far, I'd place you at early 30s, maybe never married, never dated a "foreigner" before? How did you meet this woman? What do you intend to do differently, once you go there and meet the "perfect" woman? Know that you will still have to engage this long distance correspondence phase, just like before.

What do you intend to do differently this time? Do you think it's all that woman's fault?

I am 40. I am 5'9". 200 pounds. Maybe a little thinning, but I usually shave my head. Natalia is 32. I don't really have an age range. I would say 24 and up. The younger girls don't have the same values as the older ones. I am divorced after 22 years of marriage. I have 6 kids ranging from 8 to 15 in age. I have been to Ukraine 3 times. I have met all of them on Elenas models website. I don't place anyone at fault. She was not the one. Next!

How old are you?

Set your standards high. Preferably 18 - 20 years old RUB gymnast...blonde hair, green/grey/or blue eyes, 4' 11" and around 95lbs. Deaf and dumb are a big plus.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good for you Donnie with the next play and getting back on the plane! Yeah man, language skills are key imo, my Spanish is at the advanced level, I do not know how I could make this work without the language skills. The google translator gets it wrong most of the time, but if you have the grammar foundation in the language, the translator can give you the words you need to tweak and modify and turn into what you want to say. There was good advice given with giving each other the benefit of the doubt with misunderstandings, I would add after you know her heart and her intentions, given the benefit of the doubt is a good thing, my wife and I have had some mis-communications that we work out. When we work it out, we find the miscommunication we had to be funny in hindsight. Happy hunting! :thumbs:

Our Visa Journey

12-10-2011: Married

01-03-2012: I-130 Mailed

01-09-2012: NOA1

05-16-2012: NOA2

06-04-2012: NVC Received

11-27-2012: NVC Case Complete

01-23-2013: Interview in Bogota (pending medical results)

02-13-2013: Visa Approved

03-20-2013: POE - Miami

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Now THIS is the kind of thread I come to the RUB for! Sorry it turned out this way, Donnie. But look at it this way, you dodged a bullet, pal! This girl is trouble. Luckily, you have found that out BEFORE you got married or had kids with her. Look at it this way though...you got to have some fun with her and didn't pay for it nearly as bad as some folks do. You've also done a few things exceptionally well: a) recognized this is not what you want and decided to move on b) gotten right back on the horse to go look for the right one c) found your way to the awesome RUB forum where our vast bevy of resident love experts will get you on the right track. So, sorry about the bad luck on this fish, hope the next one is worth hanging on the wall, and thank you so much for sharing your suffering so that we have something fun to read.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, it seems I have bad news. Natalia has been lying for about 3 weeks. I thought RUB women were, at very least, brutally honest! She opened another page on that facebook site that I wasn't aware of. She had one page for my sake. And another for meeting other people. She doesn't speak any English. So I translate all our conversations. Google has some issues... let me tell you! Bad translations are the reason for alot of disagreements. Anyway, last week it seems that was the case. She thought I said something mean. I did not. She claims at that point she thought our relationship was over. But would not reply to any of my texts to explain the misunderstanding. Then she went out, found a random guy off the street, and had sex with him. What's up with that?! Even if it were a real fight, that is no reason for revenge. Is it? This wasn't the first time either. One time she misunderstood me and removed all our pictures from her site. Then the next time she destroyed the necklace and ring I gave her. Now this! Someone please explain this behavior! Because I am seriously gonna be out of there! Are all Ukrainian women this crazy? Maybe Belarus is better. Too bad because I really like the mindset of Ukrainian women! HELP!

you dodged a major trainwreck by this ending now. count your blessings, for they are many.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Set your standards high. Preferably 18 - 20 years old RUB gymnast...blonde hair, green/grey/or blue eyes, 4' 11" and around 95lbs. Deaf and dumb are a big plus.

he's not shopping for you :bonk:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

The ####### part is way too short. Where did you get that photo? Not in Texas, that's for sure!

Hook 'em horns!

logo320x480.jpg

Oklahoma_Sooners_ou4_large.jpg

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Right. When you meet her, ask her (sign language) to take you home to meet her mother.

logo320x480.jpg

Oklahoma_Sooners_ou4_large.jpg

:dead:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'd say increase that lower range up to 27 rather than 24....big difference......and don't spend too much time with any below 32.....bigger difference.

And I"m sure you mention this but if the kids are living with you at home, you need to inform any woman about this early early.

Also what if she wants to have her own child? What is your answer to this?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Oh yeah! Natalia did take me to meet her mother. I thought she was for real then! Moms love me, so I had no problems even with the language barrier. Iphones work pretty good with a translator ap! LOL

Well, it sounds like at least you found a real woman, who may have been serious at one time, but it just didn't work out.

There is no guarantee than every woman you find will be compatible with each other. Maybe the content of your communication could be altered in the future to vet out what eventually happened here?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I like 'em to have a flat head too. Gives me somewhere to set my beer while they're down there doin their business.

In all seriousness, I don't like those "little" girls. I prefer them to be taller, bigger, and just generally shapely. I want a woman, not a 12 year old boy. I know to each their own, but one of the big reasons I couldn't really get too serious with any of the Asian girls I was banging was they're so darned small. Even the ones with big tatas were still pretty small statured women. I felt like they should be sitting on my lap and I should buy them ice cream or something before I dropped them off at school. Not exactly what I'm into.

Don't get me wrong, I'll knock 'em out all night long. But, when it comes to wifey material, I want a woman that's big enough if I reproduce with her we don't end up with kids that are kids their whole lives. I want my boys to play football. Not soccer.

language skills are key imo,

When I first started learning Russian my buddy and I chipped in on a book and tape set. (Tapes. That lets you know how long ago that was.) I didn't learn a bunch, but knowing basic words and phrases was enough to make them bust out in English. "You're not stupid like the rest of these jokers. You've taken the time to learn my language and for that, I will repay you with some bamdittybambambam."

I learned to say -

Hi.

What is your name?

You are very beautiful.

Where is the hotel?

And that's all it took. Just enough to let them know you're not the average sucker that'll rely on a translator for everything. Making the effort is what it's all about. Women don't care if you know something. They care that you took the time to TRY to learn something. "Billy, when I say I'm thirsty..." Don't go get her a cup of water. Be thirsty with her. Let her know you understand why she's thirsty and that you respect her position of being thirsty. Then ask if she would like to share some water with you.

It's not the language that matters. My buddies asked me, "Do you have problems communicating with your wife because she speaks Russian?" I said, "No. I have problems communicating with her because she's a woman."

Learn the basics (Hi, what's your name, nice to meet you, you're beautiful, I want, do you want, where, what, how, why, understand, yes, no, please, thank you, 1, 2, 3, 100, 1000, colors, house, car, taxi, hotel, apartment, food, eat, restroom, dance, drink, f#@k like crazy, smoke, cigarette, beer, vodka, breakfast, days of the week, good, bad, wonderful, etc.) and one big tip that I can't stress enough to people - learn to read Cyrillic. You can talk all you'd like but when you're standing on the platform of the subway and you don't know which way to go, you're assed out. The other big bonus of reading is you can read like a 3rd grader out of your phrase book and she'll think it's cute because you're trying so hard. Being cute = getting some.

Get some.

I bought childrens books. No sh!t, I bought books with pictures. First 100 words in Russian is awesome. Make little post-it sticky notes all over your apartment with the words in English and Russian. Over time you'll start to relate the picture with the words and you'll actually "see it" in the target language. Over a long enough timeline, you'll come to "think" in Russian. Instead of saying, "huh?" when someone says something, you'll find yourself saying, "Shto?"

Pimsleur is the best set I've found. I recommend it to everyone. Rosetta Stone didn't work well for me but it works for most. Play the CDs in your car while you're going to and from work and in just a few short months your accent will be gone. Say it out loud. You can have it in your head all day long but making your mouth move the way the words in your head are formed is almost impossible without muscle memory. Make it happen. Practice. People will think you're crazy. Who cares. You're going to be walking with a super model in a few short months. The joke is on them.

And one thing I'd never leave home without - My Lonely Planet Russian Phrasebook. Pound for pound the best little book you can buy for Russian language. If I could only take one item to Russia (Ukraine) with me, this would be it. Buy it. Use it.

Other than that, have fun. Keep the goal in mind at all times and you'll do fine. Good luck! (And don't forget to post pictures!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Another book I'd recommend is the Quick and Dirty Guide to Learning Languages Fast.

It was written by a green beret who learned something like 11 languages. He sets up a system of charts where you fill in words in the target language and study them. Definitely works well. Pick it up on E-Bay or Amazon for like $10.

I bought about $100 worth of Pimsleur and Russian language books. One of the best investments I've ever made.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I like 'em to have a flat head too. Gives me somewhere to set my beer while they're down there doin their business.

In all seriousness, I don't like those "little" girls. I prefer them to be taller, bigger, and just generally shapely. I want a woman, not a 12 year old boy. I know to each their own, but one of the big reasons I couldn't really get too serious with any of the Asian girls I was banging was they're so darned small. Even the ones with big tatas were still pretty small statured women. I felt like they should be sitting on my lap and I should buy them ice cream or something before I dropped them off at school. Not exactly what I'm into.

Don't get me wrong, I'll knock 'em out all night long. But, when it comes to wifey material, I want a woman that's big enough if I reproduce with her we don't end up with kids that are kids their whole lives. I want my boys to play football. Not soccer.

Meh, I'm just over 6' 4" so height isn't a problem. Nothing wrong with bigger boned women that have some meat on their bones, it's just that all too often those women can't fight gravity later on in life like a smaller build gal can. Small and pert with no extra meat for me.

When I first started learning Russian my buddy and I chipped in on a book and tape set. (Tapes. That lets you know how long ago that was.) I didn't learn a bunch, but knowing basic words and phrases was enough to make them bust out in English. "You're not stupid like the rest of these jokers. You've taken the time to learn my language and for that, I will repay you with some bamdittybambambam."

I learned to say -

Hi.

What is your name?

You are very beautiful.

Where is the hotel?

And that's all it took. Just enough to let them know you're not the average sucker that'll rely on a translator for everything. Making the effort is what it's all about. Women don't care if you know something. They care that you took the time to TRY to learn something. "Billy, when I say I'm thirsty..." Don't go get her a cup of water. Be thirsty with her. Let her know you understand why she's thirsty and that you respect her position of being thirsty. Then ask if she would like to share some water with you.

It's not the language that matters. My buddies asked me, "Do you have problems communicating with your wife because she speaks Russian?" I said, "No. I have problems communicating with her because she's a woman."

Learn the basics (Hi, what's your name, nice to meet you, you're beautiful, I want, do you want, where, what, how, why, understand, yes, no, please, thank you, 1, 2, 3, 100, 1000, colors, house, car, taxi, hotel, apartment, food, eat, restroom, dance, drink, f#@k like crazy, smoke, cigarette, beer, vodka, breakfast, days of the week, good, bad, wonderful, etc.) and one big tip that I can't stress enough to people - learn to read Cyrillic. You can talk all you'd like but when you're standing on the platform of the subway and you don't know which way to go, you're assed out. The other big bonus of reading is you can read like a 3rd grader out of your phrase book and she'll think it's cute because you're trying so hard. Being cute = getting some.

Get some.

I bought childrens books. No sh!t, I bought books with pictures. First 100 words in Russian is awesome. Make little post-it sticky notes all over your apartment with the words in English and Russian. Over time you'll start to relate the picture with the words and you'll actually "see it" in the target language. Over a long enough timeline, you'll come to "think" in Russian. Instead of saying, "huh?" when someone says something, you'll find yourself saying, "Shto?"

Pimsleur is the best set I've found. I recommend it to everyone. Rosetta Stone didn't work well for me but it works for most. Play the CDs in your car while you're going to and from work and in just a few short months your accent will be gone. Say it out loud. You can have it in your head all day long but making your mouth move the way the words in your head are formed is almost impossible without muscle memory. Make it happen. Practice. People will think you're crazy. Who cares. You're going to be walking with a super model in a few short months. The joke is on them.

And one thing I'd never leave home without - My Lonely Planet Russian Phrasebook. Pound for pound the best little book you can buy for Russian language. If I could only take one item to Russia (Ukraine) with me, this would be it. Buy it. Use it.

Other than that, have fun. Keep the goal in mind at all times and you'll do fine. Good luck! (And don't forget to post pictures!)

Body language and one of those fancy translator machines. Dinner, booze and a few slow dances afterwards and nature tends to take over. I don't know a lick of Russian other than the basics like; hello, thank you, etc... and it hasn't been much of a hindrance.

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.