Saylin

NVC Filers - March 2012

4,691 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

1. No, re-read the question. It's talking about ADDITIONAL family members. You've already mentioned the PRIMARY APPLICANT (your spouse) above.

2. Since you already counted your wife above, put 0 for c.

3. Current income is not 2011 amounts, it's 2012. Is the current year not 2012? Perhaps you're a year behind :P

No, you do not count your spouse on c. because you already counted him on a. as the intended immigrant.

Your current income is what you make right now. Take your weekly (or bi weekly) pay times it by four (or by two), then times it by 12 and that will be your 2012 annual income. Be sure to include your recent pay stubs as evidence!

You put your 2011 income where it asks for the past three years of income tax returns.

If you are not sponsoring anyone else like a child of the immigrant, you do not put anything in question 9.

Thanks for the response Saylin and sheeshkabelle,

Regarding #23, AND #24. Do you mean use the Actual final Check amount (post tax)? the actual $ amount that i get paid?

So for example: lets say my last paycheck was $1000 (bi-weekly).

so then, $1000 x 2 = $2000 x 12 = $24000 ?

so for #23, and #24, my "Current Annual Individual Income" = $24000 ?

Edited by VisaJourney2011

Timeline

I-864, Q's #23 & #24:

Current Annual Individual Income: is it not asking for GROSS PAY? on the pay stub?

OR the actual amount that is paid on the check?

Coz i would want to use the Gross pay amount as it is higher.

Current Annual Individual Income: is it not asking for GROSS PAY? on the pay stub?

OR the actual amount that is paid on the check?

Coz i would want to use the Gross pay amount as it is higher.

Current individual income is how much you expect to make in the entire year of 2012.

If you make a salary of $40k a year, then put: $40,000.

If you make $10/hour and work 30 hours a week, then put $15,600 (calculations: 10 * 30 * 52).

Timeline

Current individual income is how much you expect to make in the entire year of 2012.

If you make a salary of $40k a year, then put: $40,000.

If you make $10/hour and work 30 hours a week, then put $15,600 (calculations: 10 * 30 * 52).

1) From your point, going by exact figure, that means i can use the "Gross Pay" amount on the pay stub correct? instead the actual final amount on the check which is post taxes ( fed tax, ss tax, medicare tax, stat tax etc.)

2) Or just go to HR, when they write me an employment letter, have them also write my 2012 annual salary? and use that amount?

3) also what to do regarding usual expected xmas bonus? throw that in the mix also?

1) From your point, going by exact figure, that means i can use the "Gross Pay" amount on the pay stub correct? instead the actual final amount on the check which is post taxes ( fed tax, ss tax, medicare tax, stat tax etc.)

2) Or just go to HR, when they write me an employment letter, have them also write my 2012 annual salary? and use that amount?

3) also what to do regarding usual expected xmas bonus? throw that in the mix also?

1. Yeah, use the pre-tax amounts. Post-tax amounts are so tiny laughing.gifheadbonk.gif

2. An employment letter is optional for the AOS package, but a good idea. And yes, following the guidelines for the employment letter, the annual income is listed in the letter.

3. I would NOT include any bonuses. Just stick with the income.

Timeline

1. Yeah, use the pre-tax amounts. Post-tax amounts are so tiny laughing.gifheadbonk.gif

2. An employment letter is optional for the AOS package, but a good idea. And yes, following the guidelines for the employment letter, the annual income is listed in the letter.

3. I would NOT include any bonuses. Just stick with the income.

THANK YOU ! SAYLIN ! I'll use the pre-Tax amount or use the salary amount my HR gives me in the employment letter.

by the way i didn't know you were putting extra hours on VJ this week :lol: $$$$$

THANK YOU ! SAYLIN ! I'll use the pre-Tax amount or use the salary amount my HR gives me in the employment letter.

by the way i didn't know you were putting extra hours on VJ this week :lol: $$$

You're welcome :)

And if only I was making $$$ from VJ laughing.gif

Timeline

You're welcome :)

And if only I was making $$$ from VJ laughing.gif

For last 3 yrs, it says to use adjusted gross income, so i'm gonna use that.

I'm wondering which option to go with

Option 1)

a) 2008, 2009, 2010 Tax transcripts and use those in to fill out the blanks on DS-230 #25.

b) And include Tax 2011 1040x amended Return (married filing jointly) and 2011 W2

Or

Option 2)

a) 2009, 2010 transcripts and include them to answer two of #25 blanks

b) and the 2011 1040X return with 2011 W2.

c) Answer the one remaining blank of #25 by using adjusted gross income from 2011 1040X return.

1) Which do you think is a better choice?

2) and how many pay stubs (bi-weekly) is good enough?

For last 3 yrs, it says to use adjusted gross income, so i'm gonna use that.

I'm wondering which option to go with

Option 1)

a) 2008, 2009, 2010 Tax transcripts and use those in to fill out the blanks on DS-230 #25.

b) And include Tax 2011 1040x amended Return (married filing jointly) and 2011 W2

Or

Option 2)

a) 2009, 2010 transcripts and include them to answer two of #25 blanks

b) and the 2011 1040X return with 2011 W2.

c) Answer the one remaining blank of #25 by using adjusted gross income from 2011 1040X return.

1) Which do you think is a better choice?

2) and how many pay stubs (bi-weekly) is good enough?

First off, when you say DS-230, I think you mean I-864 :P

But for question 25, you have to fill in ALL three blanks. You leave one blank, and you'll get a checklist!

I would suggest going with option 1. Although 2011 tax information isn't required yet, you can if you choose to send in a copy of the tax return and W2s.

For your pay stubs question, do yours have a YTD (year-to-date) amount on them? If so, then you just need to send the most recent one. If not, you can choose how many you send. Since pay stubs are optional in themselves, then the amount you send is up to you.

Timeline

But for question 25, you have to fill in ALL three blanks. You leave one blank, and you'll get a checklist!

I would suggest going with option 1. Although 2011 tax information isn't required yet, you can if you choose to send in a copy of the tax return and W2s.

For your pay stubs question, do yours have a YTD (year-to-date) amount on them? If so, then you just need to send the most recent one. If not, you can choose how many you send. Since pay stubs are optional in themselves, then the amount you send is up to you.

Yes, i mean I-864, WOW ! i think i'm just too tired, gotta shut off my brain now, been working on these applications, putting together the AOS, IV packages etc...for about 6 hrs straight :help::P

OK so i'll go with Option #1) :thumbs:

just looked at pay stub and it does have Yr to date amount on the right side, but for my peace of mind, i'll send all this years pay stubs, so far 4 pay stubs (2 months, Jan & Feb)

How do we tell of 2011 tax info isn't required now?

thank you !!!!!!!! B-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, i mean I-864, WOW ! i think i'm just too tired, gotta shut off my brain now, been working on these applications, putting together the AOS, IV packages etc...for about 6 hrs straight :help::P

just looked at pay stub and it does have Yr to date amount on the right side, but for my peace of mind, i'll send all this years pay stubs, so far 4 pay stubs (2 months, Jan & Feb)

thank you !!!!!!!! B-)

yes, count your gross not your net.. gross before taxes, net after taxes.

Where you fill in all the blanks for the past three years put EXACTLY what your Adjusted gross income is on your tax returns.

The tax filing deadline is April 15 of every year, unless April 15 falls on a weekend, then it's the following Monday. So this year it's April 17.

I included my 2009, 2010 and 2011 since our interview will be after April 17 and I've already filed my taxes. (hopefully I can get a tax transcript in time, because I'd really hate to have to scan my paper returns in to the computer, it's like 25 pages!)

USCIS- 260 Days

6/8/11~ Mailed I-130 Application, withdrew Canadian PR application
6/16/11~ NOA1 email and text message Case routed to CSC (Priority Date)
7/12/11~ The 'Money Order' Incident/Returned to Tennessee
8/03/11~ TOUCHED!
3/2/12~ APPROVED! NOA2!

NVC Electronic Processing- Montreal- 19 Days

3/21/12~ Received case number & IIN 20 Days after NOA2
3/21/12~ Sent in opt-in email
3/22/12~ Opt-in accepted
3/23/12~ DS-261 Submitted, never accepted
3/29/12~ AOS bill invoiced and paid
3/30/12~ AOS shows PAID- AOS Package emailed/received, DS-3032 emailed/accepted
4/2/12~ IV bill invoiced and paid
4/3/12~ AOS Checklist documents emailed(first time)
4/4/12~ IV shows PAID- DS-260 submitted/ IV Package emailed/received
4/4/12~ AOS Checklist documents sent again for CYA (second time)
4/5/12~ IV package accepted! No Checklists!
4/6/12~ AOS Checklist emailed(third time)
4/9/12~ AOS packet accepted (finally)
CASE COMPLETE!!

Interview 354 days from NOA1/ 362 days from initial filing date
5/29/12~ Medical@ Medisys, Montreal
6/4/12~ Interview APPROVED!!!
08/07/2012~ POE Emerson, MB/Pembina, ND by land
08/09/2012~ HOME!! 424 days from initial filing date!
08/14/2012~ SSN Received
09/10/2012~ Received Green Card

Omg I am freaking out!!! I left #25, the three blanks where it says tax year and total income BLANK!!!! I checked off the next line where it says optional since i attached photocopies of myself and my joint sponsor's last 3 years transcripts. OMG!!! Am I really gonna get a checklist for this? OMG I am gonna be so devastated :-( Do you really think so even though I sent them transcripts and filled out everything else. I could have sworn that question you had to pick option 1 or option 2 not check both!! :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

01/01/2008 - Met
04/27/2010 - Engaged
08/23/2011 - Married
USCIS
10/03/2011 - I-130 Sent (USPS priority w/ delivery confirmation)
10/05/2011 - Package arrived at chicago lockbox
10/06/2011 - NOA1
11/09/2011 - NOA2 (no RFE's)
NVC
11/14/2011 - Petition received by NVC/ Received NOA2 by mail
11/21/2011 - NVC case # received by email/ Got AOS fee by email/ Called NVC to provide beneficiary email
11/27/2011 - Choice of agent (DS-3023) sent to NVC by email
.....took a break from process to delay interview....
01/26/2012 - Payed IV fee
01/27/2012 - IV fee status shown as PAID
02/07/2012 - Payed AOS fee
02/08/2012 - AOS fee status shown as PAID
02/09/ 2012 - DS-230 package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/06/2012 - AOS package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/12/2012 - Called NVC and found out about checklist. Sent revision to NVC that same day.
03/16/2012 - CASE COMPLETE!
04/11/2012 - Informed of interview via phone by DOS/ Got P4 email from NVC a few hours later that same day (May 4th)
SANTO DOMINGO CONSULATE
04/19/2012 - Medical
05/04/2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
05/10/2012 - Visa ready and picked up at domex
05/15/2012 - POE in Boston (together)
U. S. A
05/29/2012 - Went to SS office to apply for SS card
06/01/2012 - Welcome letter arrived (Received about 3 of these)
06/05/2012 - Green card arrived
06/15/2012- Back to SS office with green card to reapply and inquire about delay
06/18/2012 - Picked up SSN at SSA office
06/22/2012 - SS card arrived by mail

04/24/14 - Sent I-751 to remove conditions

06/09/14 - Biometrics

11/2014 - RFE from USCIS requesting more evidence before approval

Late Jan - Sent further evidence of marriage

03/05/2015 - Got letter of approval for removal of conditions

03/15/2015 - Permanent 10 yr green card received via mail

thank you !!!!!!!! B-)

Yeah, when I saw DS-230, I was like blink.gif But, working that long, your brain is fuddled. Make sure you take breaks! You don't want to get too fuddled that you make mistakes. And after you've finished the packages, please please please, have someone ELSE go over it. Make sure every single line is filled out. And that everything (except part 2 on the DS-230) is signed and dated.

And 4 pay stubs is good good.gif

Remember, for the US, the 2011 tax season deadline is April 17th. So, technically, NVC shouldn't request that information. The consulate/embassy might. So, try to file your 2011 taxes asap, and once it's processed and you get your refund, request the 2011 tax transcript, which you can hopefully get before the interview. Then hand it in at the interview. That's what I did for our case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I've been too busy lately that I haven't filed my taxes. I am still debating whether I should file as 'married filing jointly' or 'separately'.

Jointly requires a lot more paperwork and certified copy of my wife's passport and the likes, but it adds a few extra hundred dollars in for the tax refund.

Separately is a lot easier, as it it's me claiming 1.

What do you think VJ?

reg.ula.tion.me.ooow.2011 // tomcat.fight

to do list:
file i-130, petition for alien relative
get immigrant visa
get ssn card and green card
get employment authorization - not required
file I-751, petition to remove the conditions of residence (before 2nd year expires upon entry)
become a US citizen

Thank you Visajourney!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.