Saylin

NVC Filers - March 2012

4,691 posts in this topic

How much was AOS and IV separately?

$404 IV +

$88 AOS +

$8 tips =

$500.

I know English folks aren't your typical gents/ladies, they tip more!!!

USCIS
07/26/2011---- I-130 Sent
02/10/2012---- Approved
Your I-130 was approved in 196 days from your NOA1 date

NVC
02/13/2012---- NVC Received (3 days after NOA2 approval)
03/09/2012---- NVC Case Completed
NVC Journey 29 days

Interview
04/09/2012---- Interview assigned 17 MAY2012 (30 days after NVC CC)

04/11/2012---- Visa issued and Passport stamped received ( US Consulate Casablanca, Morocco)

POE

05/14/2012---YAY!!

......2 years - 90 days later....

ROC

02/15/2014--- standing by to send ROC packet.

02/25/2014--- ROC packer received.

03/26/2014--- Finger prints

$404 IV +

$88 AOS +

$8 tips =

$500.

I know English folks aren't your typical gents/ladies, they tip more!!!

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Tips?

What? to who? where? are you pulling my legs?

Yes, they're kidding. laughing.gif

Lol no tips.. but $492 is as good as $500 :-)

Saylin, yes I have my IIN now so will watch the online site to see when its marked as paid and start pestering my lawyer =)

I'll check out those subforums and see whats best :-) Thanks again guys!

Added a question on the FAQ concerning payments (how much they are, how to pay them) since I didn't have that question there already headbonk.gif

Tips?

What? to who? where? are you pulling my legs?

I'm kidding, sorry. My wife hate it too!!! I promised her to stop, never did! :D

USCIS
07/26/2011---- I-130 Sent
02/10/2012---- Approved
Your I-130 was approved in 196 days from your NOA1 date

NVC
02/13/2012---- NVC Received (3 days after NOA2 approval)
03/09/2012---- NVC Case Completed
NVC Journey 29 days

Interview
04/09/2012---- Interview assigned 17 MAY2012 (30 days after NVC CC)

04/11/2012---- Visa issued and Passport stamped received ( US Consulate Casablanca, Morocco)

POE

05/14/2012---YAY!!

......2 years - 90 days later....

ROC

02/15/2014--- standing by to send ROC packet.

02/25/2014--- ROC packer received.

03/26/2014--- Finger prints

Lol no tips.. but $492 is as good as $500 :-)

Saylin, yes I have my IIN now so will watch the online site to see when its marked as paid and start pestering my lawyer =)

I'll check out those subforums and see whats best :-) Thanks again guys!

Very good good.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Very good good.gif

Just a word of advice on the lawyer part. I had a very good lawyer...but even then if I wasn't on top of things it would have gone by much slower for me. In some instances I would direct what I wanted to do...I chose to do things he advised me against and it worked out for me. So stay on top of them, basically all the lawyer is good for is organizing your packet and making it look professional, and offer to occasional consolation/advice,but you basically need to look after yourself here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just a word of advice on the lawyer part. I had a very good lawyer...but even then if I wasn't on top of things it would have gone by much slower for me. In some instances I would direct what I wanted to do...I chose to do things he advised me against and it worked out for me. So stay on top of them, basically all the lawyer is good for is organizing your packet and making it look professional, and offer to occasional consolation/advice,but you basically need to look after yourself here.

Truth.

Trips:

Jan2010 - First Trip, met in person

Jul2010 - Trip two!

Nov2010 - Trip Three, Got engaged :)

Feb2011 - Trip Four. Spring Festival, Lucky Money all around :D

April2011 - Trip Five... Going to the chapel...

July2011 - Trip Six... Honeymoon in Xiamen :D

October2011 - Trip Seven... Beijing and the Great Wall :)

January2012 - Trip Eight... Chinese New Years and Spring Festival! More Lucky Money! :D

April2012 - Trip Nine... Interview?

Paper work for CR1:

28 July 2011 - 20January 2012 - Day 175... USCIS at CSC finally processed our paper work.

30January2012 - NVC 'received' the paperwork

6February2012 - NVC GUZ case number assigned - Attempted to OPTIN to EP.

7February2012 - NVC GZO (EP) case number assigned

8February2012 - 27February Massive delay caused by sending the EP OPTIN email too soon :(

28February2012 - AOS Fee Paid

29February2012 - AOS Fee shows paid, AOS Package sent in

5March2012 - IV Fee shows paid (paid on 3March), IV (DS-230) Package sent in

6March2012 - AOS Rejected due to minor error, corrected version emailed in

8March2012 - Email received indicating AOS correction and DS-230 review in process

9March2012 - Case Complete Email - END NVC PROCESS

15March2012 - Interview Scheduled: 18April2012 (Document turn-in: 17April2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Trying to reply to posts get to the end and then another page appears.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Congrats

Make sure you call soon. If I remember correctly, they close at 5pm EST, so they'll be closing in an hour.

The number is at the bottom of the first post. When you get through, they won't ask for a case number at first (unless they've changed it since last year). You describe what you want first then they ask for your case number. Just tell them: "My case was recently completed at NVC for a CR-1 visa. I was wondering if an interview date has been assigned yet for the consulate/embassy in Morocco." Then they'll ask you for your case number and then go off to look in their system. A hint: if they start asking for more information (birth dates, names, etc), then it's a very good sign your interview has been assigned! That's what happened to me anyways. They never asked for any information besides the case number. But on the day that my interview date was assigned, they asked me to repeat my case number, asked for the petitioner's name and beneficiary's name. They might have asked for the birth date as well, but I honestly can't remember; I was too excited! My heart was thumping as they had never asked for that info before!

Maybe it depends on the operator or things have changed at DOS as the one time I phoned them they asked for full names and DOBs and the answer was my case was still at NVC.

The lady at DOS told me that Foobaz123 just called and he got the same thing as you....and she said to say hi to Saylin...."hi Saylin".....

Tell the truth. She said I am going to find that Saylin and tell her to stop telling people to phone me.

Congrats to everyone with good news so far

1 Dec 2011 Mailed I-130
8 Dec 2011 NOA 1
20 Dec 2011 NOA 2

NVC

17 Jan 2012 Phoned NVC. Case Number allocated
18 Jan 2012 Emails received re AOS fee and Agent
20 Jan 2012 Electronic opt in email sent & response received
20 Jan 2012 AOS fee paid
20 Jan 2012 Form DS-261 Choice of agent filed
27 Jan 2012 Email received re choice of agent received. Can now pay IV bill
29 Jan 2012 IV bill paid
31 Jan 2012 Received written notification case at NVC (dated 18 Jan)
8 Feb 2012 Emailed AOS
9 Feb 2012 DS-260 submitted online & docs emailed
14 Feb 2012 Case Complete
5 Mar 2012 received email - interview date 10 April
10 Apr 2012 Visa Approved
10 Apr 2012 Email from Loomis - passport picked up from Consulate

June 2012 Moved back to US

Maybe it depends on the operator or things have changed at DOS as the one time I phoned them they asked for full names and DOBs and the answer was my case was still at NVC.

Tell the truth. She said I am going to find that Saylin and tell her to stop telling people to phone me.

Congrats to everyone with good news so far

laughing.gif Oh noes!

And yes, perhaps DOS has changed things. Or maybe it was just that operator you got.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm still really surprised at how fast the process is, post USCIS approval, its like a breath of fresh air!

Don't say that!!!! You'll jinx us all! haha :lol:

Trips:

Jan2010 - First Trip, met in person

Jul2010 - Trip two!

Nov2010 - Trip Three, Got engaged :)

Feb2011 - Trip Four. Spring Festival, Lucky Money all around :D

April2011 - Trip Five... Going to the chapel...

July2011 - Trip Six... Honeymoon in Xiamen :D

October2011 - Trip Seven... Beijing and the Great Wall :)

January2012 - Trip Eight... Chinese New Years and Spring Festival! More Lucky Money! :D

April2012 - Trip Nine... Interview?

Paper work for CR1:

28 July 2011 - 20January 2012 - Day 175... USCIS at CSC finally processed our paper work.

30January2012 - NVC 'received' the paperwork

6February2012 - NVC GUZ case number assigned - Attempted to OPTIN to EP.

7February2012 - NVC GZO (EP) case number assigned

8February2012 - 27February Massive delay caused by sending the EP OPTIN email too soon :(

28February2012 - AOS Fee Paid

29February2012 - AOS Fee shows paid, AOS Package sent in

5March2012 - IV Fee shows paid (paid on 3March), IV (DS-230) Package sent in

6March2012 - AOS Rejected due to minor error, corrected version emailed in

8March2012 - Email received indicating AOS correction and DS-230 review in process

9March2012 - Case Complete Email - END NVC PROCESS

15March2012 - Interview Scheduled: 18April2012 (Document turn-in: 17April2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Don't say that!!!! You'll jinx us all! haha :lol:

I Knowwwwwwww!!!!!!!! :crying:

Q's guys: How is NVC during weekends? do we get Invoices billed, status updates on the weekends?

Edited by VisaJourney2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.