James63

Frequent visits to the US on VWP

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have visited the US on 3 occasions in the last 5 months from the UK as my girlfriend lives there. There is a chance that in the future we may go down the K-1 route but nothing is decided yet. In some preliminary meetings with immigration lawyers recently I was advised that I am taking a big risk if I come again in April as the frequency of visit is likely to flag me at POE as high risk. I am solvent, employed and can show evidence of continuing ties in the UK and will go back after a 2 week holiday. Can anyone advise as to whether I am at significant risk of being turned away on arrival?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

There is no risk. No red flag either. Just bring the strong ties with your home country. And tell the honest reason for your visit, like visiting to your girlfriend.

In case if they are not satisfied with the ties, then they may deny your entry at POE. That is it. But that is not red flag either.

XrVRp5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have visited the US on 3 occasions in the last 5 months from the UK as my girlfriend lives there. There is a chance that in the future we may go down the K-1 route but nothing is decided yet. In some preliminary meetings with immigration lawyers recently I was advised that I am taking a big risk if I come again in April as the frequency of visit is likely to flag me at POE as high risk. I am solvent, employed and can show evidence of continuing ties in the UK and will go back after a 2 week holiday. Can anyone advise as to whether I am at significant risk of being turned away on arrival?

There are a few things you could do like get a letter from your employer stating how long you've been employed there as well as show evidence of any property, etc., that you have back home.

07/14/2011 Wedding

USCIS (187 days)

08/16/2011 I-130 filed

08/19/2011 NOA1
02/22/2012 NOA2

NVC (14 days)
03/08/2012 NVC case #, IIN, emailed DS-3032
03/13/2012 AOS invoiced & paid
03/14/2012 AOS package mailed
03/16/2012 DS-3032 acceptance
03/19/2012 IV bill invoiced and paid
03/20/2012 DS-230 package sent
03/22/2012 Case Complete
04/10/2012 Interview date assigned; packet IV received
MEDICALS/US CONSULATE/POE
05/02/2012 Medicals
05/09/2012 Interview APPROVED
05/11/2012 Visa in hand
05/24/2012 POE TORONTO
06/28/2012 Got SSN and Green Card

ROC

02/27/2014 Package sent

02/28/2014 NOA1

03/28/2014 Biometrics

06/20/2014 Approved

06/22/2014 Got the 10-yr GC
N-400

03/03/2015 Package sent

03/10/2015 Check encashed

03/13/2015 NOA

03/26/2015 Fingerprints

04/27/2015 In line

06/19/2015 Interview letter

07/23/2015 Interview

08/19/2015 Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i see no reason for you to be at risk of denial. as i just wrote in another topic on here, i made over 20 visits to boyfriend (now fiance) on VWP between 2009 and 2011. i worked for an airline for most of that time so received cheap tickets, and at one point was on first name terms with a sweet old immigration officer i kept getting at BOS! i was only ever asked to provide a return ticket, although i carried other evidence of proof of ties to uk. they could have argued that my ticket wasn't substantial enough proof, since staff tickets are completely flexible in time and date. but i was always honest and calm when being questioned, and never had a single problem.

you sound like you prepare well for the trips, and are aware of potential issues, but you really have no reason to worry as far as i can tell! it's when you start doing regular, longer trips that things get worrying. even then there are no hard and fast rules that i can tell. be honest, organised and have fun with your lady :)

K1

10 Jan 2012: I-129F package sent

14 June 2012: NOA2

11 July 2012: Medical

30 July 2012: Interview at London Embassy (Approved!)

13 Aug 2012: Visa Received

1 Sept 2012: POE (Atlanta)

15 Sept 2012: Wedding in New Orleans

AOS

16 Nov 2012: NOA Receipt Date

20 Dec 2012: Biometrics Appointment

16 Jan 2013: EAD & AP approved

25 Jan 2013: EAD & AP Card received

Immigration lawyers tend to advise you on the worst case scenario to cover themselves. If they assured you you'd be okay travel and by some extreme misfortune you were turned away, you wouldnt exactly want them to represent you. Our immigration lawyer told us that, as did lots of other attorneys of VJ members. As everyone said, just make sure you are bringing proof of employment, bank statements, rent/property papers, if you have by then submitted your fiance paperwork bring that too (shows you want to do things the correct way) and have the flight docs to hand to show a return ticket.

I think you would be more of a concern if you were staying for 89 days at a time and then returning in a month. I heard the number 180days banded around the forum for days in the US per year before you become a concern....of course, this is a rough figure and it entirely depends on CBP official you get on the day. Good luck and you sound well and truly prepared. :star:

I love my husband!!

I-130 sent - 9/5/2011

NOA 1 received and routed to CSC - 9/22/2011

Petition Touched - 9/27/2011

Expedite Request sent - 02/24/2012

NOA 2 - 03/21/2012 (without need for expedite)

NVC Receive - 04/09/2012

Case Number Assigned -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.