Slavik & Anna

Have long das it take to gat K-1 Visa ???

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Like the previous posts mentioned it varies. But 6 months is a good barometer. It sucks waiting.

Thanks for your reply ) I know its sucks waiting (( cant way for the day of interview.. I wan to go beck to US with my Fiance)))

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It depends on many things. How well your I-129f is put together is a big factor. Many where similar to mine though. We filed the I-129f on August 28th at the Vermont Service Center. We receieved our NOA2 December 28th (lots of holidays during that period too). We got the MNL# 10 days later in January. We then used the MNL# to get her medical and then scheduled the interview on February 15th. She was approved and she recieved her Visa on February 23rd.

Some take longer but I assume that is due to people who are not natuarly born US citizens from high risk countries but I am guessing about that. I just know that all of the filers I have spoken with that were born in America got their NOA2 similar to our time frame, just 3 1/2 to 4 months.

So you see there are a lot of steps. :wow: For us, waiting to get the NOA2 was the hardest part. Everything after that went much faster. The best advice you can get is just study and read this forum for the next four months so you know what to do. We didnt use a lawyer. If you do you a lawyer, you need to understand what they do so you can make sure they do it right.

Good luck !

Filed: Timeline

Wow its long... Do you know why ??? and is there any way to make it faster ???

The only ways to get it done faster is to request an expedite.

I can't remember off the top of my head the specific requirements but they include medical emergencies, life or death situations, humanitarian reasons (if your fiance is from a war-torn country or threatened by starvation), if you're in the military, or if it's in the national interest of the US and US government.

If those don't apply, welcome to the club of waiting :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. I have a question regarding to K-1 visa time line.. On 02/20/2012 our attorney send in all of our paper work. I juts wan to find out have long it take before interview?? and if there is any way to make this process quicker?? I'm US citizen and my Fiance Ukrainian citizen

Thanks to all..

Being you asked for time to reach the interview the 8-10 month response wins the cookie. But nothing is etched in granite for sure, an RFE could for sure set you back, how fast things progress once the 129 packet reached NVC it can be a week or a couple months.. depends. The the rest is how fast your embasy moves things along.

Yup 8-10 months is pretty real ~ but you could get lucky and beat that!

It's almost impossible to know. Some people breeze through in 60-90 days (there was an even a K1 that went through in 23 days recently) :bonk: Others wait substantially more time. The process is very random, and the best thing to do is avoid an RFE. If your petition is at Vermont Service Center, you may receive adjudication more quickly based on current timelines.

Feli, Have you contacted a Congressman at all about your petition? It's terrible that you've been waiting so long.

Not to INTERVIEW and that was the question.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Like the previous posts mentioned it varies. But 6 months is a good barometer :bonk: . It sucks waiting.

Not to reach the interview (read the question)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Being you asked for time to reach the interview the 8-10 month response wins the cookie. But nothing is etched in granite for sure, an RFE could for sure set you back, how fast things progress once the 129 packet reached NVC it can be a week or a couple months.. depends. The the rest is how fast your embasy moves things along.

Yup 8-10 months is pretty real ~ but you could get lucky and beat that!

Not to INTERVIEW and that was the question.

What do they check for RFE???????

Thanks for your information )))) i hope we will have it quicker then 8-10 months!!!))

Timeline

What do they check for RFE???????

Thanks for your information )))) i hope we will have it quicker then 8-10 months!!!))

A RFE (Request For Evidence) would be for something that was missed or not complete in the petition. When they finally get to your petition to adjudicate it and find a problem they send you an I-797 RFE listing what they want your to provide them.

:guides:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I TAKES FOREVER JUST BECAUSE YOUT THINKING ABOUT IT. like 6-10 months if you run with luck and they dont ask a RFE (Request for Evidence). BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR VISA JOURNEY :thumbs:

»-(¯'v'¯)-»Lisel & Javier »-(¯'v'¯)-»

K-1 TIMELINE

I - 129F SENT .................. 01/26/2012

I - 129F DELIVERED ...........01/30/2012
NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL ............02/04/2012 (01:45 AM)
NOA1 LETTER .....................02/06/2012
TOUCH ...............................02/10/2012
RFE TEXT/EMAIL ..................02/29/2012 (11:45 AM)
RFE LETTER ..........................03/02/2012
RFE SENT ..............................03/06/2012
RFE DELIVERED .....................03/07/2012
TOUCHED ( RFE) ....................03/08/2012 ( 10:33 AM)
NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL ..................03/27/2012 (04:15 PM)
NOA2 LETTER .........................03/30/2012
NVC RECIEVED ( CASE #) ...........04/05/2012
MEDICAL EXAM .........................04/24/2012
PICK UP MEDICAL EXAM..............05/24/2012
INTERVIEW DAY ..........................07/12/2012
VISA ON HAND ............................07/19/2012
REQUEST FOR CARTA BLANCA .......07/24/2012
CARTA BLANCA ON HAND .............08/17/2012
ARRIVAL ........................................08/28/2012
TOTAL ........................................... 7 MONTHS

AoS/EAD/AP/timeline:
I-485 SENT ....................11/16/2012
NOA-1 TEXT/EMAIL ..............11/23/2012 (9:55 AM)
NOA-1 LETTER ..................11/26/2012
BIOMETRICS LETTER .............12/01/2012
BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT ........12/24/2012
TOUCH (RFE) ...................12/06/2012
RFE LETTER ...................12/08/2012
TOUCH(RFE).....................12/28/2012
EAD/AP NOA-2 Email Aproval ....02/02/2013
EAD/AP ARRIVED ................02/15/2013

I-485 Interview ............01/21/2014

Approval Notice Text/Email..01/21/2014

Card Production..............01/22/2014

Card Sent ..................01/24/2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

There are 3 steps:

1) USCIS for I129F approval. Usually it is cyclical. It takes the longest if you file in August/September and fastest if you file February/March. Let's say if you file in March it would take about 3.5 months to get an approval.

2) NVC - 1-4 weeks. Take average with sending document to your consulate - 1 month.

3) Consulate - usually consulate in Russia and Ukraine - 2.5 months from the day they receive documents from USCIS.

Thus total - 7 months if you file in March and 8-9 months if you file ion August/September.

Usually RFE does not prolong the process by much. I see it here all the time - prolongs by about 3 weeks.

Good luck to you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Ours was 7 months a year ago, it is the first step in the application / waiting process. Enjoy the ride.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Timeline

Basically like others have said it is approximately 8-9 months. It can vary depending on the infomation contained on the actual petition wether you are with the CSC or VSC. You are just goign to have to be patient and wait like everyone else. FYI using an attorney is a waste of money unless you have unusual circumstances.

Renee

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I'm still waiting for the NOA2....Good luck for all of us!

Vdr5m8.png

August, 2001 - we first met in QD, China

April 14, 2003 - established relationship

August 19, 2003 - he went to AU for studying

Dec 27, 2003~Jan 10, 2004 - met in SH, China

Aug 14~21, 2004 - He visited me in QD, China

Jan~Feb, 2005 - met in QD, China

May 10, 2005 - I moved to the US

Apl 1~21, 2006 - He visited me in LA, US

Dec 14, 2007~ Feb 18, 2008 - I visited him in Mel, AU

Dec 31, 2008~Feb 21, 2009 - we met in QD, China

Jul 30~Oct 24, 2009 - met in QD, China

Jul 15~Oct 15, 2010 - met in QD, China

Jan 17~Feb 14, 2012 - met in QD, China

6 months total from sending to poe. approved in 3 months and 3 weeks. is not so bad, seems long but is not that long

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.