Ausio

Case documentary completed but no decision

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

i had an interview at Jerusalem consulate and we forgot to include W-2 on our documents. (my co-sponsor gave us her payslips and 1099s and we didnt have an idea what a W-2 looks like untill then - Stupid me huh). The interview was really fast and a nice man sorted our documents and asked us to sit. After 10 mins a nice lady called my name and asked me to to do the normal swearing that whatever i will say is the truth. She asked me how we met and what i liked in her thamade me choose her My wife was standing next to me at that time. She asked if we had any pctures which we provided and after 3-4 pictures, she said she is satisfied. She told "everything seems ok but we i will need you to request your co-sponsor to give you a W-2" She explained what is and asked me to send it by mail. while she was writing it on the paper, she told me to actually send it by email and she wrote the email down on paper.

I sent it the following morning 19th Jan. That afternoon, i got a cal from the embassy saying they got my document and since they didnt need anything else, they will be in touch. i waited for a mont as they say on the FAQs and sent an enquiry email. They replied in two days saying "..according to the records, your case is documentary completed and has been forwardd to the consular officer. We will contact you as soon as a decision has been made".

Any one has had a similar case staying for that long?

I am worried since my we have to leave Israel by 10th April. We need to ship our stuff before then.

thanks for your insights to this impatient man

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I waited for 6.5 weeks, It's so annoying but that consulate is just horrible and very slow.

You need to call your american congressman they can speed up things it shouldn't take more than a month.

I know what you are going through and I can just tell you not to expect anything and be surprised when it finally happens.

I had to contact the congressman twice but it definitely helped as the visa was issued one day after the second time we talked to him and that is also the response the congressman's office gave us- that the visa will be issued any day now.

Good luck! There is nothing wrong with your visa it's the consulate.

Thank you guys for you support. It is soo hard waiting everyday for an answer that is not forthcoming while you have a time crunch.

melissahinds - When you say you called the postal carrier and found your passport was there, did they not call or email you saying the passport has been sent through your courier? Did they have this website that they give you and ask you to track your passport with a waybill number? It sucks to keep checking that website everyday and all it says is that you dont have a waybill number at this time. (usvisa-info.com)

lovenow - I am on my 6th week so i will hang in there. If they dont contact me this week, we gonna contact the congressman and see how it goes. As a matter of curiosiity, what happens when you contact the congressman?

It is helping to know am not the only one seeing a slow process here.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Contact your congressman now! don't wait. Melissa and I had our interviews on the same day and her fiance got his visa 2 weeks before me, if I'm not mistaken they called the courier company Sha'al in Jerusalem and I think they just got the visa that day so she catched them before they contacted her. We were never given a website we can track our visa at look like there are some advancements there in the past few months.

Nothing bad happens to you if you talk to your congressman, it is every US citizen right to turn to their congressman for help and the help with immigration problems is listed on congressmans' websites as one of their services. They can only speed things up because they can email the general consul or some other high officer in the consulate directly and the consulate do not want to look like they are screwing up so they are pretty responsive to the congressmans inquiries.

Look up who is your region (or your fiance, not sure who is the us citizen here) congressman and contact them asap.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.