ingucis78

is it ok to bring camera with for the interview?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

since i am having the same day oath.i was wondering if it's ok to bring camera in the building and cell phone.so hubby can snap some pictures.

i am getting so nervous.couple more days.

i think i am readdy to go.did study hard,got all the paperwork ready.found sitter for my 2 year old.

do anyone knows by any chance what time they have oat ceremonys at fairfax,VA?

thank you

11/12/11.....N400 send to Nebraska service center

11/14/11.....N400 delivered to NE

11/21/11.....Check cashed

11/23/11......NOA recived in the mail(priority date nov 14)(notice date nov 21)..(you will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office.you should expect to be notified withing 90 days of this notice)

12/13/11......got text and email about biometric letter being send out

12/17/11.......got biometric letter in the mail(appointment date dec 28th)

12/19/11.....did early walk in FP

12/22/11.......got email and text about being placed in line for interview scheduling

01/30/12.......got email from my IO were i was asked to pick my own interview date and send email back with the date i picked

02/06/12......got INETRVIEW email with appointment letter(have to print that out and bring with me on the interview day)

02/28/12.......INTERVIEW with oath on the same day(as long i pass the test afcorse.)

I AM US CITIZEN

Yes you can bring your camera. :thumbs:

I-130 (Spouse of USC)

USCIS Stage

July 11 2011: Mailed from APO, AP address

July 16 2011: Delivered in Chicago Lock Box Facility

July 18 2011: Received notification via email with the receipt number NOA 1

July 25 2011: Received NOA1 (hard copy)

August 1 2011: Touched

February 16 2012: Approved!!!! (Received E-Mail from USCIS) NOA 2

It took 213 days before we got our NOA 2

NVC Stage

February 24 2012: NVC received the documents from USCIS

February 24 2012: Sent an email to NVC regarding DS 3032 (Assign an Agent)

February 27 2012: Case number assigned by National Visa Center

February 28 2012: Received an email from NVC telling me that they already received my DS 3032 (Assign an Agent) Now waiting for IIN

February 28 2012: Called NVC and I got my Invoice ID number, they told me to wait for the email before I can pay for it

February 29 2012: Received I-864/DS230 Invoice via E-Mail

February 29 2012: Paid I-864/IN PROCESS

February 29 2012: I-864 mailed from APO address (overseas)

March 1 2012: I-864 showing as PAID on the website

March 5 2012: I-864 Delivered at NVC (Portsmouth, NH)

March 8 2012: I-864 Approved!

April 8 2012: Sent DS 230

April 13 2012: Paid IV Bill (IN PROCESS)/NVC Received DS 230

April 17 2012: IV Bill showing as Paid on the website

May 3 2012: Case Completed (Interview date scheduled for 8th June 2012)

June 8 2012: Interview APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know about all locations, but in Portland Oregon photos were encouraged after the oath ceremony. They made time available and welcomed people up to the front of the room. I assume it's the same everywhere.

Timeline

Thank you.

11/23/11......NOA recived in the mail(priority date nov 14)(notice date nov 21)..(you will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office.you should expect to be notified withing 90 days of this notice)

12/22/11.......got email and text about being placed in line for interview scheduling

01/30/12.......got email from my IO were i was asked to pick my own interview date and send email back with the date i picked

02/06/12......got INETRVIEW email with appointment letter(have to print that out and bring with me on the interview day)

02/28/12.......INTERVIEW with oath on the same day(as long i pass the test afcorse.)

I AM US CITIZEN

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

When you got your interview letter, did it state you can get your oath the same day? I'm in Arlington, VA but would have to check if Fairfax is the closest office.

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Timeline

When you got your interview letter, did it state you can get your oath the same day? I'm in Arlington, VA but would have to check if Fairfax is the closest office.

i got me interview letter in the email.have to print that out and bring with me tomorrow.

i am military spause, so not shore if that has somthing to do with it.but yes,my letter sayd..if i pass the test i will have oath the same day.now i just have to make shore i pass the test,right. :blink:

Edited by ingucis78

I AM US CITIZEN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you.

Fairfax VA (on Prosperity Ave) has ceremonies at various times of the day. Mine was at 2 pm last July, a friend's just last month was same day and at 11:30 am. They are a busy office.

Yes - they allow cameras. Both my husband and I brought our cells phones which had cameras. Youa re welcome to take pictures during teh Oath ceremony. Many folks did when I went.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Usually a break between the interview and the oath ceremony, no cameras permitted for the interview, but okay for the oath ceremony part. Not a problem if you drive to your field office, can leave that camera in your vehicle. All depends upon the mood of your office manager.

Did manage to take a couple of snaps of my wife receiving her certificate, it was a long day getting up a 2:00 AM in the morning plus that waiting, she took one glance and said delete them, said will keep them just as proof you received your certificate. Did let us bring in a camera for my stepdaughter, office manager said no photos, she just wanted to hand out the certificates and get out of there.

Don't know why they make such an issue with cameras in the first place, taking a photo of folding chairs is not good subject material, nor back then a photo of Bush's portrait. Not exactly like going to an art museum. Also question security, really a place you don't want to go to in the first place and can't wait until you get out.

Maybe they are concerned that someone will walk out with a folding chair or that portrait of Bush.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.