Samantha78

He's Gone ;(

209 posts in this topic

Op - I'm so sorry this happened to you. I know it will take some time to heal but I know the human spirit will prevail. At least is better that he revealed the true motive now then down the road. I know that it doesn't lessen the pain now you'll look back and be happy it came to light now.

Hang in there!

Best wishe

Thank you :/

Married: 6/17/11

I-130 Sent: 7/9/11

NOA1 : 7/14/11

I-129F Sent: 7/21/11

NOA1: 7/21/11

NOA2: 8/22/11

NVC Received: 8/24/11

NVC Left: 8/26/11

Consulate Received: 9/5/11

Packet 4 Received: 10/4/11

Medical Done: 11/7/11

Interview: 11/23/11

Approved: 11/23/11

Changed to CR1: 12/16/11

Medical Re-Done: 1/5/12

Waiting for Issuance of Visa.........

I am sorry that you are hurting :( the situation sounds awful BUT you are strong and will get through this. Sounds like you are being very proactive and savvy about protecting yourself and making sure the fraud is documented. Take care.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You never know what is truly in someone else's heart. All of us trust our significant other to love us the same as we love them, but we never know for sure. I've seen visa fraud and I've also see petitioners who weren't in it for the right reasons, and beneficiaries who had to leave a relationship to protect themselves, when they started out with so much hope and trust.

But the point is none of us truly know how our partner feels. We trust and that trust makes us easy targets for people who really aren't doing this for the right reasons. I don't know if my first relationship that led to K-1 and marriage was fraud, but after receiving her citizenship and then my helping her file a petition for her father, she found a boyfriend and was gone in a month. Again, I don't believe it was fraud, but I know I am very trusting as well. I am on the journey again, with someone I truly believe is in it for the right reasons. But none of us know, we trust.

Your trust demonstrates good things about you. Be proud of that. His actions show who he is, don't beat yourself up for being a good person who got taken advantage of. The right person is out there.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sam, I dont even know what to say. I know you have fought with everything you have to bring the two of you together. Its a damn shame that people can be so cruel and ungrateful. But God is watching...and God dont like ugly. I know you must be in so much pain, but my dear pick yourself up and try with everything you have to keep it moving and remember that time heals all wounds. Im praying for you and I send to you BIG HUGS!!! xoxoxoxoxo

"No weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

No, not 100% normal. There were some signs but they were things that anyone making the transtion would do or say. The hesitation or fear. We've had rough patches....but he always made it better and proved his love for me. When he came with the cops today - I knew that love never existed.

What sort of "signs", if you don't mind?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

all my prayers with you :(

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't have too much evidence but according to the ICE officer, what I have is good. When they offered money I just responded that they were crazy. That this wasn't about money it was love and a future together. And then right at the end of the conversation with ICE, she says, oh yea, don't be surprised if you're offered money. Then I explained that I was and she documented that. I feel so foolish ;(

At that point was when your baiting skills should've kicked into overdrive to solicit juicy details to be used against him. However, I know that was not your frame of mind at the time.

The ICE officer has seen this movie a few times before, that's why he/she mentioned "...don't be surprised if you're offered money." to you.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Just wanted to tell you how genuinely sorry I am that this has happened to you. You seem like such a lovely person, I wish you the very best.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You know what this is only going to make you stronger i'm so sorry this has happened to you but dont worry karma will get him one way or another nobody leaves this world without paying for the hurt and damage they have caused i've observed that happening to alot of people around me...and honey you are not an "ugly gringa"... you are beautiful and strong so just know that it hurts now and this is difficult but do not let this bring ur spirit down. May God give you the strength to overcome this and hope for the future. My prayers are with you.

Love Conquers All...

Sorry to hear about this :( I was reading your thread the other day to my wife and we both kept saying that guy was foolish to treat someone so beautiful this way. I know it's probably not much consolation after all the pain you've endured and it sounds cliché - but I know from having lost loved ones in my life that what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. You will be stronger from this. Don't give up.

You're in our prayers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Oh Sam, my jaw just dropped to the floor.

I'm so sorry you are going through this sad.gif... please don't believe his lies. You are gorgeous, girl! And obviously a decent and honest person. SHAME ON HIM!

You are in my prayersrose.gif

*HUGE HUGS*

Celeste

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So sorry that this happens ... You will get past this in time.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kuwait
Timeline

OP - I don't know you and I only started reading your posts the other day about him only being here for 5 days. I can see how many people on here know you and care about you. You seem like such a great person and I am saddened to read what has happened to you. I truly wish you all the best in your future. I will keep you in my prayers and please stay strong.

K-1 to Citizenship - 6 year immigration journey: January 2012 to January 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.