World Traveller

Interview Fees and other documents

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We got our NOA2 last week. I am preparing documents to be sent to my fiancée such as Affidavit of Support, Intent to marry letter and so on. I also want to send checks for any fees that my fiancée will have to pay. Here are my questions.

1. What fees are payable after NOA2? When can they be paid? Do we have to wait until we receive Packet 3? Or I can pay them in advance?

2. Who should be made checks payable to? Of what amount?

3. Can I send Scanned copies of financial documents by email, instead of hardcopy? Except I-134!

4. The documents for financial support are to be sent along with Packet 3? Or they are to be carried at the time of interview?

Thank you all for your help.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We got our NOA2 last week. I am preparing documents to be sent to my fiancée such as Affidavit of Support, Intent to marry letter and so on. I also want to send checks for any fees that my fiancée will have to pay. Here are my questions.

1. What fees are payable after NOA2? When can they be paid? Do we have to wait until we receive Packet 3? Or I can pay them in advance?

2. Who should be made checks payable to? Of what amount?

3. Can I send Scanned copies of financial documents by email, instead of hardcopy? Except I-134!

4. The documents for financial support are to be sent along with Packet 3? Or they are to be carried at the time of interview?

Thank you all for your help.

1. Its $350 at the time of the interview. They will accept US Dollars or a Draft from any Nationalized or International bank in India.

2. Can't remember. It says that on the Interview letter. If you go the Draft route in Rs, it is recommended to wait about a week before the interview as the exchange rate changes.

3. Yes only the I-134 needs your original signature. And it does not need to be notarized.

4. Either option is fine. After you get the interview letter, take that with the documents to the VFS office and submit them. They will give you a receipt of all the documents the keep. Also you need to pay the courier fees (about Rs 300 - 400) to the VFS office (which is required even if you don't want the passport delivered after the interview). Or all the documents can be taken at the time of the interview. There is a counter before the actual interview with the CO where they will take all the documents BUT courier fees is required before the interview. You will get a receipt which is to be shown at the interview. Although, the instructions "recommend" to submit all the documents to the VFS office beforehand there is also the option to take them with you. We took the documents with us and they were accepted without any issues.

Packet 3 information (2 forms to be filled by beneficiary can be emailed to the VFS office). So, there are basically 3 trips, all after the interview letter has been received...

1. Medical

2. Courier Fees at VFS office (Optional Submittal of other Documents)

3. Interview

All the above information will be mentioned in Packet 3 and Packet 4/Interview Letter...

FYI.. Some consulates in India DO NOT send out packet 3 (or at least they don't get delivered). We never got ours from New Delhi consulate. I would recommend emailing them https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/USIndia/contactus.html (based on your consulate) and ask about the case status. Mention the NVC case number from the NOA2 (not the USCIS case number).

Edited by matrixIII

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2011-06-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-13

NVC Received : 2011-09-16

NVC Left : 2011-09-20

Consulate Received : 2011-10-11

Packet 3 Received : 2011-10-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-10-27

Packet 4 Received : 2011-12-01

Interview Date : 2012-01-20

Interview Result : Administrative Processing for Beneficiary past Studies

Visa Received : 2012-02-27 (AP over)

US Entry : 2012-03-06

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 85 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 214 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.