awsome ali

Didnt met my fiancee in the last two years

110 posts in this topic

I said basically impossible (the key word being "basically") and then outlined how hard it is. I didn't say it WAS impossible. I said it "basically" was, which is like saying "it may as well be".

Sort of like saying your basically pregnant? or that Bill Clinton didn't really have sex? :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

just give me an idea that is it possible AS IN OUR CASE we met online, and then filed the case, never met ion person .she was not willing to come to pakistan and i just kept it on apropriate method insted aplying for a visit first and then K1 NS SO ON

You must follow all the instructions. If they say you have to have met then you have to do it. This process is difficult. there are no short cuts.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

just give me an idea that is it possible AS IN OUR CASE we met online, and then filed the case, never met ion person .she was not willing to come to pakistan and i just kept it on apropriate method insted aplying for a visit first and then K1 NS SO ON

You must meet in person. Your petition will be denied. Meet in person (anywhere, does not have to be in Pakistan) and re-file.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

i dont have attorny i am doing everything by self, i do research to find things. here are some resones i have sent to immigration

Subject: Explanation of reasons causing Extreme Hardships

I, do hereby state that we met each other using an online matrimonial channel. It was good day of 15th June 2011. We started knowing each other for a good time and eventually I finally filed the petition. However, there were some critical reasons that would caused me hardships if I went to meet______ in Pakistan.

1- I am a new revert and learning about Islam. As I have lived all my life in US I fear that I would be unable to cope with the culture and values of country entirely new for me. _____knows English but his mother specially, don’t so language also a barrier to get with the rest of family if in case I would have visited Pakistan.

2- As explained by (the religious leader) that living together before marriage is not allowed, it is somehow restriction from the religion. As we have decided to celebrate our marriage here in US we will definitely, as soon as practicable, arrange the marriage on____ arrival. (Letter Attached)

3- Another important factor as I have already mentioned in my application in supporting documents page title off course during our discussion I expressed my thoughts to Asim that “I am happy that you are willing to relocate leaving my family was a big issue for me”. I was talking about either a visit or a relocation. Because I have a two and half year old son out of a relationship before I revert. Leaving my son is like someone puling out my soul

4-

My mother does not want me to visit outside the US and as I love my mother too much I can not go against her will. (Reasons already explained in her letter)

5- I am studying at _______College. By the time I filed the application, it was my term time, which would have caused disruption in my studies if I had left half way through. I am running through my classes and not intending any activity that prevent me to continue my studies smoothly.(Document Attached)

Finally I cannot wait to give my would be a warm welcome, to meet once and forever. I would be grateful if you allow to proceed so that we can start and live our life together.

Waste of time and money. Meet. Then file.

ANY OTHER WAY will cost more and take longer. A waiver for meeting is virtually impossible (but no doubt someone always has to mention it for some odd reason)to get and what religion in Pakistan forbids the two people from seeing each other in person before getting married? How will you come to the US and marry her if you cannot see her first? The entire idea is preposterous. If that is the religious requirement (it isn't) then you would be best tofollow the CR-1 path, not K-1.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You have to have met in person.......most from Pakistan have a very hard time getting visa to go to any other country so she will have to bite the bullet and travel to Pakistan.......

I am Muslim and have lived in Pakistan there is nothing there religiously that does not allow the couple to meet before marriage so a waiver for that will never work.......even with all the violence that is going on in Pakistan it is not good enough reason for never to have met....your family can keep her safe there are many that travel to Pakistan to meet their life partner so that they can satisfy that issue for petition approval

sara

Waste of time and money. Meet. Then file.

ANY OTHER WAY will cost more and take longer. A waiver for meeting is virtually impossible (but no doubt someone always has to mention it for some odd reason)to get and what religion in Pakistan forbids the two people from seeing each other in person before getting married? How will you come to the US and marry her if you cannot see her first? The entire idea is preposterous. If that is the religious requirement (it isn't) then you would be best tofollow the CR-1 path, not K-1.

I agree with Gary, spot on advice !

Thank you Puskbrk

People who try to create some sort of hope for a person attempting to avoid the requirements are NOT doing them a service and I wish they would cease and desist such nonsense. It is virtually impossible to get the waiver on religious requirements for one simple reason. You are saying you cannot meet in person before marriage, yet you are applying for a visa to DO JUST THAT!

Any person forbidden from seeing the other in person would best be served religiously by getting married in their home country and filing a CR-1

These are silly excuses. Spring break is coming, get a babysitter and go to Pakistan. Sheeesh.

The only such waivers I have ever seen are for medical harship and only after the foreign beneficiary was denied for tourist visas to the US.

I suggest people stop giving false hopes to others because of some obscure boiler plate language in the law which exists mainly to respect some obscure religion that may exist.

I agreee with Gary, those people need to stop!

I read in the last week or two here on VJ, that in long memory there have been only two or so successful waivers for having not met. One was a bedridden man who obviously could not travel, and who's fiancee tried 5 times to get a visitors visa and was denied. The other was a member of some very small religious sect, who don't permit couples to meet first, even with a chaperone.

Pretty difficult criteria to meet. Puskbrk is correct, and you need to take heed of his advice.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

i dont have attorny i am doing everything by self, i do research to find things. here are some resones i have sent to immigration

Subject: Explanation of reasons causing Extreme Hardships

I, do hereby state that we met each other using an online matrimonial channel. It was good day of 15th June 2011. We started knowing each other for a good time and eventually I finally filed the petition. However, there were some critical reasons that would caused me hardships if I went to meet______ in Pakistan.

1- I am a new revert and learning about Islam. As I have lived all my life in US I fear that I would be unable to cope with the culture and values of country entirely new for me. _____knows English but his mother specially, don't so language also a barrier to get with the rest of family if in case I would have visited Pakistan.

2- As explained by (the religious leader) that living together before marriage is not allowed, it is somehow restriction from the religion. As we have decided to celebrate our marriage here in US we will definitely, as soon as practicable, arrange the marriage on____ arrival. (Letter Attached)

3- Another important factor as I have already mentioned in my application in supporting documents page title off course during our discussion I expressed my thoughts to Asim that "I am happy that you are willing to relocate leaving my family was a big issue for me". I was talking about either a visit or a relocation. Because I have a two and half year old son out of a relationship before I revert. Leaving my son is like someone puling out my soul

4-

My mother does not want me to visit outside the US and as I love my mother too much I can not go against her will. (Reasons already explained in her letter)

5- I am studying at _______College. By the time I filed the application, it was my term time, which would have caused disruption in my studies if I had left half way through. I am running through my classes and not intending any activity that prevent me to continue my studies smoothly.(Document Attached)

Finally I cannot wait to give my would be a warm welcome, to meet once and forever. I would be grateful if you allow to proceed so that we can start and live our life together.

- hmmm, not even close, waste of ink and a tree.

I see lots of couples on VJ from Pakistan that have met in person.

All you listed was a lot of person reasons. Like everyone else that does the K-1 petition you are going to have to meet the requirements or not get approved.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

Inshallah You will be okay.. Just Include as much evidence as you can to prove that it is not permitted in our religion and culture to see each other before marriage. Get an official letter from a religious leader explaining why you can not meet. (it is forbidden in Islam, but you have to show them that.) It may b tough, but dont give up. dont let anyone discourage you. you have to fight ur case.

K1 Visa

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 2011-09-23

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-09-27

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-01-18

NVC Received : 2012-02-02

NVC Left : 2012-02-06

Consulate Received: 2012-02-07

Packet 3 Received : 2012-02-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-02-27

Packet 4 Received : 2012-03-02

Interview Date : 2012-03-27

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2012-04-06

US Entry : 2012-04-29

Marriage : 2012-05-24

Comments : Happily married! :)

I-129f was approved in 113 days from your NOA1 date.

Interview took 182 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you Puskbrk

People who try to create some sort of hope for a person attempting to avoid the requirements are NOT doing them a service and I wish they would cease and desist such nonsense. It is virtually impossible to get the waiver on religious requirements for one simple reason. You are saying you cannot meet in person before marriage, yet you are applying for a visa to DO JUST THAT!

Any person forbidden from seeing the other in person would best be served religiously by getting married in their home country and filing a CR-1

These are silly excuses. Spring break is coming, get a babysitter and go to Pakistan. Sheeesh.

The only such waivers I have ever seen are for medical harship and only after the foreign beneficiary was denied for tourist visas to the US.

I suggest people stop giving false hopes to others because of some obscure boiler plate language in the law which exists mainly to respect some obscure religion that may exist.

Visa to "visit" is different from visa to get married! Either she goes to pakistan to get married to him, or he comes to the US to get married to her. Visa to pakistan is as much difficult to get as US visa. They have to do something! and you MOCK the law! :wow:

To the OP, Dont get discouraged. It is worth a try. You must fight your case and prove it, in order to get the waiver.

K1 Visa

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 2011-09-23

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-09-27

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-01-18

NVC Received : 2012-02-02

NVC Left : 2012-02-06

Consulate Received: 2012-02-07

Packet 3 Received : 2012-02-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-02-27

Packet 4 Received : 2012-03-02

Interview Date : 2012-03-27

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2012-04-06

US Entry : 2012-04-29

Marriage : 2012-05-24

Comments : Happily married! :)

I-129f was approved in 113 days from your NOA1 date.

Interview took 182 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

yes there were resones for not meeting in person. religious and social

Several couples have gone through Islamabad US embassy in Pakistan & so they will surely know if your case/reasons hold water. If it's the cultural norm then you may be fine otherwise $340 just went down the USCIS drain pipe.

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Visa to pakistan is as much difficult to get as US visa.

Umm.. not an expert by any means but I printed the form off the pakistan embassy website, sent my letters of support from my husbands family, showed I have ties to USA and a letter of employment etc.. showed my drivers license copy and sent my passport with these docs to the Pakistan embassy with the form for a visit visa... 2 weeks later after sending I received my passport with stamp approved for my visa. No interview, no phone call nothing.. so how is that difficult by any means?

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.