awsome ali

Didnt met my fiancee in the last two years

110 posts in this topic

You will have to me, and it does't have to be in your country, you can chose another location that is safer for her and reachable for you.

Thats not the problem! They stated they cant meet due to religious restrictions.

There is a waiver available, read my previous post.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Great ! Does your petitioner have an immigration attorney, and was the waiver sent with the Petition?

Waivers are extremely difficult to get approved, but it is possible if you have theproper documentation. An attorney would be a good idea since this would be a difficult thing to attempt on your own.

i dont have attorny i am doing everything by self, i do research to find things. here are some resones i have sent to immigration

Subject: Explanation of reasons causing Extreme Hardships

I, do hereby state that we met each other using an online matrimonial channel. It was good day of 15th June 2011. We started knowing each other for a good time and eventually I finally filed the petition. However, there were some critical reasons that would caused me hardships if I went to meet______ in Pakistan.

1- I am a new revert and learning about Islam. As I have lived all my life in US I fear that I would be unable to cope with the culture and values of country entirely new for me. _____knows English but his mother specially, don’t so language also a barrier to get with the rest of family if in case I would have visited Pakistan.

2- As explained by (the religious leader) that living together before marriage is not allowed, it is somehow restriction from the religion. As we have decided to celebrate our marriage here in US we will definitely, as soon as practicable, arrange the marriage on____ arrival. (Letter Attached)

3- Another important factor as I have already mentioned in my application in supporting documents page title off course during our discussion I expressed my thoughts to Asim that “I am happy that you are willing to relocate leaving my family was a big issue for me”. I was talking about either a visit or a relocation. Because I have a two and half year old son out of a relationship before I revert. Leaving my son is like someone puling out my soul

4-

My mother does not want me to visit outside the US and as I love my mother too much I can not go against her will. (Reasons already explained in her letter)

5- I am studying at _______College. By the time I filed the application, it was my term time, which would have caused disruption in my studies if I had left half way through. I am running through my classes and not intending any activity that prevent me to continue my studies smoothly.(Document Attached)

Finally I cannot wait to give my would be a warm welcome, to meet once and forever. I would be grateful if you allow to proceed so that we can start and live our life together.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

That is not correct :

I said basically impossible (the key word being "basically") and then outlined how hard it is. I didn't say it WAS impossible. I said it "basically" was, which is like saying "it may as well be".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I agree with vanessa and tony and pushbrk

i had all those reasons too but i still left for pakistan beccause my husband was worth the effort and in reality while there is danger i was quite safe its all in how you do things. I didnt stay in a hotel but with his sister and brother in law..he stayed there after marriage... how else can one immerse themself into a family if they dont meet or know them? Had the most wonderful time, lovely people and city did so many wonderful things... where else can one send down a basket for some fresh fruit and have ppl put the fruit back sending it up?

Islamabad is very strict with their guidelines and follow those to the letter of the law. Wish you the best but traveling to another country if she wont visit pakistan was probably the best option and there are places you can go easily as well.

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

This basically explains not living under same roof before marriage and hard for you to go to Pakistan. It doesn't explain why it is impossible to meet in person in the US. You have to over why you can not see each other in person, not just why you can't travel.

I traveled to the US, my husband has never been to my country.

Be careful using financial reasons for not meeting. You will be the sponsor later on.

i dont have attorny i am doing everything by self, i do research to find things. here are some resones i have sent to immigration

Subject: Explanation of reasons causing Extreme Hardships

I, do hereby state that we met each other using an online matrimonial channel. It was good day of 15th June 2011. We started knowing each other for a good time and eventually I finally filed the petition. However, there were some critical reasons that would caused me hardships if I went to meet______ in Pakistan.

1- I am a new revert and learning about Islam. As I have lived all my life in US I fear that I would be unable to cope with the culture and values of country entirely new for me. _____knows English but his mother specially, don’t so language also a barrier to get with the rest of family if in case I would have visited Pakistan.

2- As explained by (the religious leader) that living together before marriage is not allowed, it is somehow restriction from the religion. As we have decided to celebrate our marriage here in US we will definitely, as soon as practicable, arrange the marriage on____ arrival. (Letter Attached)

3- Another important factor as I have already mentioned in my application in supporting documents page title off course during our discussion I expressed my thoughts to Asim that “I am happy that you are willing to relocate leaving my family was a big issue for me”. I was talking about either a visit or a relocation. Because I have a two and half year old son out of a relationship before I revert. Leaving my son is like someone puling out my soul

4-

My mother does not want me to visit outside the US and as I love my mother too much I can not go against her will. (Reasons already explained in her letter)

5- I am studying at _______College. By the time I filed the application, it was my term time, which would have caused disruption in my studies if I had left half way through. I am running through my classes and not intending any activity that prevent me to continue my studies smoothly.(Document Attached)

Finally I cannot wait to give my would be a warm welcome, to meet once and forever. I would be grateful if you allow to proceed so that we can start and live our life together.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Timeline

This basically explains not living under same roof before marriage and hard for you to go to Pakistan. It doesn't explain why it is impossible to meet in person in the US. You have to over why you can not see each other in person, not just why you can't travel.

I traveled to the US, my husband has never been to my country.

Be careful using financial reasons for not meeting. You will be the sponsor later on.

ever one of you, thanksssssssssssssssssss a lottttttttttttt

evry one coment is against to what i did, but at least i am knowing , and to plan next step

i was intrested to file a vistor aplication in pakistan but they have tonnes of question to know the intention, so that is why i took a time taking path so that it should be through a processes.

if she is not intrested to come here then i have to go, if the only option is my flight then why i take risk of being a visotr, i thouht i would be more comfortable with proper stamp on the pasport that is K1 visitor , not the ordinary one

Edited by awsome ali

Timeline

i was intrested to file a vistor aplication in pakistan but they have tonnes of question to know the intention, so that is why i took a time taking path so that it should be through a processes.

if she is not intrested to come here then i have to go, if the only option is my flight then why i take risk of being a visotr, i thouht i would be more comfortable with proper stamp on the pasport that is K1 visitor , not the ordinary one

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

4-

I really do wish you good luck...it is sad not to be with the one you love (F)

It was a gallant effort to answer your RFE...BUT as the beneficiary wrote it was for religious reasons???? I think that is the biggest stretch!

Why (as petitioner stated a recently "New Revert") cannot she cover up and travel to Pakistan because of Religion??? I congratulate your new interest in Islam and hope you grow in this peaceful religion...but it is not against Allah to visit a country. Buy a hijab.,Stay in a hotel. Take a family member. Take your son to meet your future husband and family if it will "pull out your soul". Or wait til your schooling has a break...and get to know your fiance better. You met over the internet last June,the RFE might be doing you both a favor to force a meeting and/or have a test of time....to learn each other more. God works in his own ways.

For true love.... all 5 reasons would never keep you apart....but please dont use Islam as a reason. I found this a little twisting of the true blessings from Allah's words to us.

pushbrk.... said just what you need to hear.....My advice is that the go ahead and presume their petition will be denied and either make the necessary arrangements to meet in person before filing again, or face the fact that without meeting, they will not be together in the USA.

Good luck to you both (L)

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

yes there were resones for not meeting in person. religious and social

The visa will not be granted. You do not meet the waiver criteria. Think of something else.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This person is gung ho on what they are going to do. let them learn the lesson, and do what is next when they get denied. only they can learn from their mistakes.

i also see they met June 2011, isn't that a little quick, not meeting in person?they will see that as well.

Good luck.

Jen

"Canadian in Georgia"

None of the above applies to this couple. My advice is that the go ahead and presume their petition will be denied and either make the necessary arrangements to meet in person before filing again, or face the fact that without meeting, they will not be together in the USA.

Several people have taken my post OUT OF CONTEXT, or never bother to read all the entries. I clearly stated and advised the OP that the waiver is difficult to impossible. The OP's English skills were extremely limited and he gave conflicting answers to my questions. He later indicated that there were religious reasons as to why he couldn't meet his fiancée. My only advice to him was that a waiver was possible (opposed to others that just said it not possible period). I also advised him to seek help from an attorney; my intention being that the attorney could sort through this mess, look at the FACTS and decide if it's even applicable or worth a long shot.

After I posted that info the OP returned and posted something that contradicted what he earlier told me! :bonk: Well yes, my earlier statement looked completely skewed at that point, but again the validity of my advice has to be taken in the context of what I knew at the time.

My point: I think my advice was reasonable. I ONLY advised him that it is extremely difficult, but possible in certain circumstances (a fact). I also advised him to seek the advice of an attorney because of the difficulty (responsible advice). Yes, I am aware that it is loophole, probably not applicable in his situation, but feel we should give posters all the options (with a disclaimer) and let them decide ( and in this case with the help of an attorney who can sort through the real facts)

Edited by brian_n_phuong

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.