awsome ali

Didnt met my fiancee in the last two years

110 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

just give me an idea that is it possible AS IN OUR CASE we met online, and then filed the case, never met ion person .she was not willing to come to pakistan and i just kept it on apropriate method insted aplying for a visit first and then K1 NS SO ON

just give me an idea that is it possible AS IN OUR CASE we met online, and then filed the case, never met ion person .she was not willing to come to pakistan and i just kept it on apropriate method insted aplying for a visit first and then K1 NS SO ON

Not going to happen!

Unless there is some type of waiver granted that you two can't meet for cultural or religious reasons (arranged marriage) your out of luck.

Edited by brian_n_phuong

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Meeting in person is the major requirement to get approved at the USCIS level. Unless you have a convincing financial hardship or cultural reason prohibiting you to meet your finacee, it will be really impossible to get approved.

Good luck

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Since you haven't met in person at least once in the previous two years prior to the date the petition was filed, it will not be approved unless it can be shown why it would not be possible to have done so (her simply being unwilling to go to Pakistan will not qualify for an exception to the in-person meeting requirement).

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Just got love it when people just keep posting the same advice over and over. make me wonder if anyone actually READS what has already been posted first :bonk:

Here, I will post mine again so we can have three REDUNDANT posts:

Not going to happen!

Unless there is some type of waiver granted that you two can't meet for cultural or religious reasons (arranged marriage) your out of luck.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Meeting in person is the major requirement to get approved at the USCIS level. Unless you have a convincing financial hardship or cultural reason prohibiting you to meet your finacee, it will be really impossible to get approved.

Good luck

finance was the most important reason but i didnt mentiond it , caz of the fear they might not disaprove it streightaway. any way she wrote some 5-6 convincing resons

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Religious waviers only work when it is forbidden to even meet with other people are present. It isn't for when you can't be alone prior to marrying. I don't ever recall one for fiancial reasons being approved.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Religious waviers only work when it is forbidden to even meet with other people are present.

This could be their situation in Pakistan. We don't have enough info to make that call.

Granted its almost impossible to get a waiver, but if it's an option they should at least be given the info.

Edited by brian_n_phuong

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We met online as well, we still met in person first. It's one of the requirements.

It's basically impossible for you to waive the requirement for meeting. Financially isn't a choice because the USC need to prove they can financially support their fiance/e.

You basically need to prove it's physically impossible to meet. You need to prove that you can't meet in a third country somewhere. People HAVE successfully waived the requirements but it was stuff like the USC was in a wheelchair and unable to leave the country and the foreigner was unable to get a visitor visa (had to apply a certain number of times for a visitor visa) to the US and stuff like that.

yes there were resones for not meeting in person. religious and social

Great ! Does your petitioner have an immigration attorney, and was the waiver sent with the Petition?

Waivers are extremely difficult to get approved, but it is possible if you have theproper documentation. An attorney would be a good idea since this would be a difficult thing to attempt on your own.

We met online as well, we still met in person first. It's one of the requirements.

It's basically impossible for you to waive the requirement for meeting.

That is not correct :

Pursuant to 8 C.F.R. 5 214.2(k)(2), the petitioner may be exempted from this requirement for a meeting if it is established that compliance would: (1) result in extreme hardship to the petitioner; or (2) that compliance would violate strict and long-established customs of the beneficiary's foreign culture or social practice, as where marriages are traditionally arranged by the parents of the contracting parties and the prospective bride and groom are prohibited from meeting subsequent to the arrangement and prior to the wedding day. In addition to establishing that the required meeting would be a violation of custom or practice, the petitioner must also establish that any and all other aspects of the traditional arrangements have been or will be met in accordance with the custom or practice.

Edited by brian_n_phuong

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

You will have to me, and it does't have to be in your country, you can chose another location that is safer for her and reachable for you.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.