afoyoswa

Any February 2012 filers?

4,866 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why is everyone thinking VSC is slower? To have your NoA2 and get it to NVC and out with in a week is...its pretty much the same as it was. CSC you get your NoA2 wait for them to have enough to send to NVC and then wait for 20-25 days is just crazy talk. I will still be content with VSC processing time with the NVC included pretty much evens out.

Good point - I never even considered that.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Since VSC is going to take forever huh.gif and the London Embassy will tack on a another 2+ months blink.gifand I refuse to let them put a damper on my life...wacko.gif

I think Julian is just going to come on over for a visit and stay until his interview, or rather, if he comes now, he'd have to go back in time to complete his medical so it can be sent to the Embassy in time for the interview.

Before we seriously consider just doing it this way, can anyone think of a reason this would be a bad idea? The only thing that comes to mind is an RFE, so we might wait until our approval or RFE in case they need something from over on his side of the pond and then fly him over.

other than that... both of us are just ready for a date to look forward to and since that's taking for *$#$&@$ ever...

star_smile.gif

That is a really good idea Mary. It would definitely help to ease the pain of this process. I myself, wanted to go to Iran for a month (I have to get back before school starts :( ) to see my fiancee, but decided to wait till our NOA2 exactly for the same reason you mentioned. But now, seeing recent processing times regarding the next step (NVC), I have decided to wait until our case completely goes out of US. Besides this, I can't think of any other reason as to why you shouldn't do it :thumbs:

Our story: K1 -> AOS -> ROC -> Naturalization (2012 - current)

(checkout our timeline for details)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Okay this might be a silly question but um pretty confusing for me, since I already got my NOA2 (notification by email) but no hard copy yet. Should I wait 15 business days after my fiance receive the hard copy to call NVC or just call them once he get it?

Thanks guys

Edited by hannah03

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay this might be a silly question but um pretty confusing for me, since I already got my NOA2 (notification by email) but no hard copy yet. Should I wait 15 business days after my fiance receive the hard copy to call NVC or just call them once he get it?

Thanks guys

my thoughts to you is to call everyday after your NOA2. I did wait a couple days and then started calling everyday. As long as you were approved it's in process, doesn't matter about the hard copy. I never received tbe NOA1 hard copy, it happens. Good luck on a fast case number..

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

my thoughts to you is to call everyday after your NOA2. I did wait a couple days and then started calling everyday. As long as you were approved it's in process, doesn't matter about the hard copy. I never received tbe NOA1 hard copy, it happens. Good luck on a fast case number..

Oh so no wait for hard copy? Ok. I got this number from Scott's post :

Just some other info that might help people:

- NVC number is 603-334-0700

Is that the number you called everyday? If so.. then I tell my fiance to do on his Monday.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Oh so no wait for hard copy? Ok. I got this number from Scott's post :

Is that the number you called everyday? If so.. then I tell my fiance to do on his Monday.

Yes, that's the number ;) tell your fiance to call everyday :D they will probably tell you that you should wait 15 days until they get your case, but ask them to check your USCIS receipt number...hopefully, one day they'll have it ;)

Our story: K1 -> AOS -> ROC -> Naturalization (2012 - current)

(checkout our timeline for details)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I can't wait till next week :lol:

:( I am laughing out of sadness now-a-days...

Sent: Feb 21st

NOA1: Feb 24th

RFE: Jul 17th

RFE Reply: Jul 26th

NOA2: Jul 31st

NVC Received: August 7th

NVC Sent: August 10th

The wait is long, my dream of you does not end

Frghm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I can't wait till next week :lol:

:( I am laughing out of sadness now-a-days...

me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wellllll thank god I have a busy weekend, got to check in on our new condo to see how renovations are going!

Sent: Feb 21st

NOA1: Feb 24th

RFE: Jul 17th

RFE Reply: Jul 26th

NOA2: Jul 31st

NVC Received: August 7th

NVC Sent: August 10th

The wait is long, my dream of you does not end

Frghm5.png

Why is everyone thinking VSC is slower? To have your NoA2 and get it to NVC and out with in a week is...its pretty much the same as it was. CSC you get your NoA2 wait for them to have enough to send to NVC and then wait for 20-25 days is just crazy talk. I will still be content with VSC processing time with the NVC included pretty much evens out.

well I disagree as I would prefer to know where my petition is and be approved a month ago and wait another month for NVC to process it, knowing that my petition is out there safe and sound, than having to wait 6 months being kept in the dark and not knowing when and what to expect.. 2 different scenarios as I see it!

Our (K1) Journey

01-17-2012: I 129F sent

01-24-2012: NOA1 date! => Vermont Service Centre

08-02-2012: NOA2 (195 days!!!)

09-24-2012: interview - Approved!

09-26-2012: visaarrow-10x10.png issued

09-28-2012: visa received by a registeredarrow-10x10.png post

11-01-2012: POE Dublin

11-17-2012: wedding

AOS Journey

11-23-2012: AOS package sent

11-27-2912: package received and signed for at the Chicago office

11-29-2012: case numbers assigned

12-03-2012: Biometrics letter sent to the old addressarrow-10x10.png (never received)

12-10-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 765 and I 131

12-15-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 485

12-28-2012: biometrics (missed)

01-17-2013: newarrow-10x10.png biometric date

01-25-2013: EAD approval

01-30-2013: EAD production

01-31-2013: EAD mailed

02-02-2013: EAD received

My ROC Journey:

03-20-2015: I751 package sent

03-23-2015: NOA1

03-25-2015: check cashedarrow-10x10.png

07-31-2015: Biometrics ( Biometrics letter sent to the old address never received, missed it on 07/06 and had to have it rescheduled after many phone calls and service requests)

09-07-2015: Card in Production email.

09-09-2015: Card mailed

09-11-2015: Card delivered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

well I disagree as I would prefer to know where my petition is and be approved a month ago and wait another month for NVC to process it, knowing that my petition is out there safe and sound, than having to wait 6 months being kept in the dark and not knowing when and what to expect.. 2 different scenarios as I see it!

You are always in the dark in this process, each step of the way. Having an approved petition sitting around doesn't get you know where. You might think you know where it is, but not even the service center that approved your petition knows where it is. All they would and will tell you its been approved and enroute to NVC, while you contact NVC and they have no record of recieving it. It's when it is in the hands of the Consulate that I will have a hope of light. What I am trying to say is people get discouraged easily, when they see other couples from the other service center get their NoA2 and not theirs. All I am saying is both service centers are dead even now with NoA1 to NVC stage. Don't believe me? You will see more and more people posts about CSC to NVC here pretty soon. While the VSC approved Jan filers get their Case number within a weeks time, we CSC Feb filers will be waiting till mid July to early August to get ours. Different scenarios, yes, same time span, yes, give a take a couple of days.

08/01/2011 Began chatting on phone

10/03/2011 Flew from MSP to Vientiane, Laos

10/05/2011 Arrived at Wattaya Airport

10/06/2011 Met face to face after much needed rest

10/18/2011 Proposed, asked for parents permission and blessings

*************** Time Spent within Time Period **************

********** Had to run some errands such as getting her Laos ID, Passport, Birth Certificate, Letter or Certificate of Single Status ***********

*** Everything was ran by me, don't listen to anyone trying to make a few dollars by "helping" you just because they know someone on the inside ***

11/02/2011 Got Engagement Certificate notarized and signed by witnesses and Village Leader

02/03/2012 Sent in I129F Packet

02/07/2012 Recieved Hard Copy of NOA1

06/27/2012 Recieved text and email NOA2

07/02/2012 Recieved NOA2 hardcopy via snail mail

You are always in the dark in this process, each step of the way. Having an approved petition sitting around doesn't get you know where. You might think you know where it is, but not even the service center that approved your petition knows where it is. All they would and will tell you its been approved and enroute to NVC, while you contact NVC and they have no record of recieving it. It's when it is in the hands of the Consulate that I will have a hope of light. What I am trying to say is people get discouraged easily, when they see other couples from the other service center get their NoA2 and not theirs. All I am saying is both service centers are dead even now with NoA1 to NVC stage. Don't believe me? You will see more and more people posts about CSC to NVC here pretty soon. While the VSC approved Jan filers get their Case number within a weeks time, we CSC Feb filers will be waiting till mid July to early August to get ours. Different scenarios, yes, same time span, yes, give a take a couple of days.

well we see things from different perspective, you having your NOA2 in your pocket and being what? a month, maybe 2 max from getting your case number and me being X months away from it :) you see the difference? I do!I am not trying to prove anything here, just saying that people will always find sth to complain about not seeing that they are actually pretty lucky with what they have ;) I am not talking about you, just in general... I am sure there is tens or hundreds of us here seeing people complaining about how NVC is slow ad thinking to themselves that they would actually happily switch with them :whistle:

And just to be clear, I am really discouraged seeing other people from my service center being approved before me, even though they filed days/weeks or months after me...

Edited by sabi

Our (K1) Journey

01-17-2012: I 129F sent

01-24-2012: NOA1 date! => Vermont Service Centre

08-02-2012: NOA2 (195 days!!!)

09-24-2012: interview - Approved!

09-26-2012: visaarrow-10x10.png issued

09-28-2012: visa received by a registeredarrow-10x10.png post

11-01-2012: POE Dublin

11-17-2012: wedding

AOS Journey

11-23-2012: AOS package sent

11-27-2912: package received and signed for at the Chicago office

11-29-2012: case numbers assigned

12-03-2012: Biometrics letter sent to the old addressarrow-10x10.png (never received)

12-10-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 765 and I 131

12-15-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 485

12-28-2012: biometrics (missed)

01-17-2013: newarrow-10x10.png biometric date

01-25-2013: EAD approval

01-30-2013: EAD production

01-31-2013: EAD mailed

02-02-2013: EAD received

My ROC Journey:

03-20-2015: I751 package sent

03-23-2015: NOA1

03-25-2015: check cashedarrow-10x10.png

07-31-2015: Biometrics ( Biometrics letter sent to the old address never received, missed it on 07/06 and had to have it rescheduled after many phone calls and service requests)

09-07-2015: Card in Production email.

09-09-2015: Card mailed

09-11-2015: Card delivered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I completely agree !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

well we see things from different perspective, you having your NOA2 in your pocket and being what? a month, maybe 2 max from getting your case number and me being X months away from it :) you see the difference? I do!I am not trying to prove anything here, just saying that people will always find sth to complain about not seeing that they are actually pretty lucky with what they have ;) I am not talking about you, just in general... I am sure there is tens or hundreds of us here seeing people complaining about how NVC is slow ad thinking to themselves that they would actually happily switch with them :whistle:

And just to be clear, I am really discouraged seeing other people from my service center being approved before me, even though they filed days/weeks or months after me...

No, I wouldn't switch with them. I am content with either center as the time are pretty much dead even now. Everyone has their own opinion, we will just have to wait and see. Don't want anyone to get discourage or think I come here just to put people down. Just wanted to see what I thought was happening as everyone tends to think Process time has changed for VSC. To me, it never changed, still there with the NVC lingering CSC Approvals behind 20 plus days. But yes for me generally, I would like my NVC process within a weeks time like VSC petitioners history, so I have no feeling or thinking its stuck in AP Mode.

However GL with your process Sabi, you are getting closer to that NoA2.

08/01/2011 Began chatting on phone

10/03/2011 Flew from MSP to Vientiane, Laos

10/05/2011 Arrived at Wattaya Airport

10/06/2011 Met face to face after much needed rest

10/18/2011 Proposed, asked for parents permission and blessings

*************** Time Spent within Time Period **************

********** Had to run some errands such as getting her Laos ID, Passport, Birth Certificate, Letter or Certificate of Single Status ***********

*** Everything was ran by me, don't listen to anyone trying to make a few dollars by "helping" you just because they know someone on the inside ***

11/02/2011 Got Engagement Certificate notarized and signed by witnesses and Village Leader

02/03/2012 Sent in I129F Packet

02/07/2012 Recieved Hard Copy of NOA1

06/27/2012 Recieved text and email NOA2

07/02/2012 Recieved NOA2 hardcopy via snail mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.