4,866 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Norway
Timeline

♫ ♩ ♩ Going to see my baby in June

Hopin' our app is fit to approve

To be in his arms is always nice

But with an NOA2, we'll celebrate twice

Doobeedoowahhh ♫ ♪ ♫

Seems like a good chance we'll get the a'ok while I'm there for a visit. What fun!

It really helps to come here and read about all of you going through the exact same thing. You know how it's like...

Trying to get through the night by thinking that an late June approval is "only" 8-9 weeks away!Fingers crosses!

Hello fellow February Norway filer! Why are we not at the same service center, I wonder. I guess it is luck of the draw.

NOA1: February 6, 2012

NOA2: August 9, 2012

And yay, I volunteered to make an airport run tomorrow when our Nairobi embassy-mate and her fiance make their triumphal procession out of the POE (mostly because I want to live vicariously through her)! (Okay, okay: also because I have a car and want to be nice/helpful.) It makes it seem so real! Someday, not too far from now, it WILL be NOW for us, too. Just hang on.

Awww you're so awesome Joy!! I bet that will be so great for everyone and will make you even more excited for your own day at POE :dance:

@R&RM re: "Worst case scenario, you get an RFE and a couple of weeks later you're in the clear. That's how I'm choosing to look at it anyway, nothing I can do about anything right now." (sorry it didn't quote)

That's the best way to look at it. I am hoping we don't get RFE but probably will. I accidentally sent the wrong pile of copies and included copies of the forms, not the originals. Wanted to cry when I saw what I did, but not much I can do to change things. We're just waiting and hoping they don't notice :)

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~~Albert Schweitzer

8lrSm4.png
Meg and Alan

Initially filed for K1 visa - Feb 23 2012

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we've abandoned this application

We married on Aug 24, 2013 in a small ceremony in MA

We'll be applying for a CR1 / IR1 visa as soon as we are able

Watch this space for updates!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

@R&RM re: "Worst case scenario, you get an RFE and a couple of weeks later you're in the clear. That's how I'm choosing to look at it anyway, nothing I can do about anything right now." (sorry it didn't quote)

That's the best way to look at it. I am hoping we don't get RFE but probably will. I accidentally sent the wrong pile of copies and included copies of the forms, not the originals. Wanted to cry when I saw what I did, but not much I can do to change things. We're just waiting and hoping they don't notice :)

:thumbs: Let's hope for the best. By the way, I just love your story and how much time you have been able to spend not just with your love but his kids as well. It is really cool that you are all obviously getting along really well. I think that was my biggest concern was how my fiance would get along with his new dad and I just love that it doesn't look like his kids are in any way objecting to your relationship nor are you objecting to them. I truly wish you well on this journey and look forward to reading your NOA2 notice and then visa in hand one of these fine days. :)

Hello fellow February Norway filer! Why are we not at the same service center, I wonder. I guess it is luck of the draw.

The service center your application goes to depends on what state your USC fiance(e) is from not what country you're from. I hope your NOA2 comes in in June as predicted, that would definitely be something :)

jin5xmldq.png

09/23/2010- Met online

12/23/2010- Met in person in Kenya

02/01/2011- Visited him in China

02/14/2011- He proposed while I was in China

07/09/2011- Moved to China to be with him

12/19/2011- Went to US to meet his family

01/08/2012- Went back to China with him

02/29/2012- Went back to Kenya to await fiancee visa :-(

02/07/2012: I-129F Sent

02/10/2012: USCIS received I-129F

02/10/2012: NOA1 date

02/15/2012: Touched

02/22/2012: NOA1 received in mail

05/05/2012: Broke up :(

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 6, 2012 and July 9, 2012*.

"Where there is faith

There is a voice calling, keep walking

You’re not alone in this world

Where there is faith

There is a peace like a child sleeping

Hope everlasting in He who is able...

It is a wonderful, powerful place

Where there is faith" 4Him

:thumbs: Let's hope for the best. By the way, I just love your story and how much time you have been able to spend not just with your love but his kids as well. It is really cool that you are all obviously getting along really well. I think that was my biggest concern was how my fiance would get along with his new dad and I just love that it doesn't look like his kids are in any way objecting to your relationship nor are you objecting to them. I truly wish you well on this journey and look forward to reading your NOA2 notice and then visa in hand one of these fine days. :)

Aww thanks :) I really do feel blessed to be able to spend so much time together. He's a teacher and has a lot more time off work than most people with "regular" jobs. His boys are amazing and I think they just see how happy we are together. Their mum has some anger issues and wasn't very nice to any of them. Kids just know when they have a loving family. I was worried at first, but it's just natural now. Did I read it right on your page, you moved to China to be with your fiance? It's hard to read things like that and understand how the officers could ever think we're not true or dedicated. Best of luck to you as well! Hopefully we'll all be RFE free :)

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~~Albert Schweitzer

8lrSm4.png
Meg and Alan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Aww thanks :) I really do feel blessed to be able to spend so much time together. He's a teacher and has a lot more time off work than most people with "regular" jobs. His boys are amazing and I think they just see how happy we are together. Their mum has some anger issues and wasn't very nice to any of them. Kids just know when they have a loving family. I was worried at first, but it's just natural now. Did I read it right on your page, you moved to China to be with your fiance? It's hard to read things like that and understand how the officers could ever think we're not true or dedicated. Best of luck to you as well! Hopefully we'll all be RFE free :)

Yeah, I moved to China to be with my fiance. It was really something to make that decision and a lot of my family members did not get it but chose to support my decision or didn't get it but butted out anyway, it was so important to me that I know that I know that I'm making the right decision. It was a big deal to move to another country (but then it would be an even bigger deal to say "I do"), especially China of all places but I'm really glad I went because our soon to be family got so much out of it. My favorite thing was seeing my son form a bond with my fiance, he went from calling him "dad" because I told him to to one day all on his own screaming "daddy's here!"! It was a risky move in many ways because I had to give up everything but I just thank God it was a worthwhile risk. Don't know what more I can do to convince the CO either if he/she doesn't buy our story but I trust that all will be well. I am so happy the boys are going to get a good mom now, family is just everything to kids. Having a dad has transformed my son so much already, so much happier and confident, I know having a mom like you will do wonders for those boys too. Yay, practically a week away to hitting that 3 month mark!!! Definitely been a big help having fellow Feb filers to wait with.

jin5xmldq.png

09/23/2010- Met online

12/23/2010- Met in person in Kenya

02/01/2011- Visited him in China

02/14/2011- He proposed while I was in China

07/09/2011- Moved to China to be with him

12/19/2011- Went to US to meet his family

01/08/2012- Went back to China with him

02/29/2012- Went back to Kenya to await fiancee visa :-(

02/07/2012: I-129F Sent

02/10/2012: USCIS received I-129F

02/10/2012: NOA1 date

02/15/2012: Touched

02/22/2012: NOA1 received in mail

05/05/2012: Broke up :(

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between July 6, 2012 and July 9, 2012*.

"Where there is faith

There is a voice calling, keep walking

You’re not alone in this world

Where there is faith

There is a peace like a child sleeping

Hope everlasting in He who is able...

It is a wonderful, powerful place

Where there is faith" 4Him

Yeah, I moved to China to be with my fiance. It was really something to make that decision and a lot of my family members did not get it but chose to support my decision or didn't get it but butted out anyway, it was so important to me that I know that I know that I'm making the right decision. It was a big deal to move to another country (but then it would be an even bigger deal to say "I do"), especially China of all places but I'm really glad I went because our soon to be family got so much out of it. My favorite thing was seeing my son form a bond with my fiance, he went from calling him "dad" because I told him to to one day all on his own screaming "daddy's here!"! It was a risky move in many ways because I had to give up everything but I just thank God it was a worthwhile risk. Don't know what more I can do to convince the CO either if he/she doesn't buy our story but I trust that all will be well. I am so happy the boys are going to get a good mom now, family is just everything to kids. Having a dad has transformed my son so much already, so much happier and confident, I know having a mom like you will do wonders for those boys too. Yay, practically a week away to hitting that 3 month mark!!! Definitely been a big help having fellow Feb filers to wait with.

And right there, you've said so much about your relationship. That you would go to the other side of the world to stay with him since you couldn't be together in the USA. I have often thought I wish I could just pack up and stay with him until the visa. I'd have to give up my whole career and start over so that's not an option. I'm glad you had that opportunity. So cute about your son too with him naturally accepting his daddy". You're right, family is really important. I'm officially "mommy meg" though I do just get "mommy" occasionally. We've explained that I won't ever take the place of their mum, so now they have a mum and a mom heh.

~~Albert Schweitzer

8lrSm4.png
Meg and Alan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

♫ ♩ ♩ Going to see my baby in June

Hopin' our app is fit to approve

To be in his arms is always nice

But with an NOA2, we'll celebrate twice

Doobeedoowahhh ♫ ♪ ♫

Seems like a good chance we'll get the a'ok while I'm there for a visit. What fun!

Hello! I'm the beneficiary from Norway. And you? And as someone else explained, what service center your application goes to depends on where in the states the petitioner lives:)

K-1

Feb.14 2012: Mailed I-129F

Aug.14 2012: NOA2!! (179 days)

Oct.4 2012: Interview! Approved!

Oct.12 2012: Visa in hand

Dec.02 2012: POE

AOS

March 9 2013 AOS packet sent

March 18 2013 NOA1

April 1 2013 Biometrics done (appointment April 11)

May 25 2013 EAD/AP received

Timeline

Have you all started to gather documents for the interview? I would like to get as much as we can done now, just in case;) I have read a little about what we/I need, seems like my fiance needs to do some work :yes:

This is what I figured out so far:

Copy of the I-129 package and all original documents

Letter of intent (do we use the same as we did with the petitition? Just a little different wording.)

Tax return from 2011 (W-2?)

Paystubs

Letter from employer

Tax transcripts for 2009 and 2010.

Affidavit of support

Copy of NOA2 (oh I would like to get my hands on that!!)

Proof of ongoing relationship

Medical and police certificate (which I can't get before I have a letter from the embassy..)

Anything else??

K-1

AOS

March 18 2013 NOA1

Timeline

K-1

AOS

March 18 2013 NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Have you all started to gather documents for the interview?

I am thinking about requesting my police report. In Russia it takes 30 days to get it. I have big doubts when exactly it is safe to apply for it so it won't be late for the interview, but at the same time won't be too "outdated"... grrr.. IF only I KNEW exactly when NOA2 is coming... LOL too much dreaming, right? ;)

Letter of intent (do we use the same as we did with the petitition? Just a little different wording.)

As far as I know, the exactly same letter is just fine, as long as it is dated closer to the interview and also has original signatures.

Anything else??

I also will be sitting down soon and filing out those forms required by the embassy such as DS-230 and DS-156.

My fiancé is bringing me his documents, W-2 and stuff, when we are meeting in June. So I am worry-free about this part.

The only thing we are truly missing is.... NOA2! Other than that we are ready to go.

Edited by StarGirl

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2012-02-03
US Entry : 2012-11-01

Adjustment of Status

I-485 sent : 2012-11-14
Interview : 2013-05-21

GC received: 2013-06-13

Removing conditions

I-751 Sent: 2015-03-02

Approval: 2015-12-11

GC received: 2015-12-21

Citizenship

N-400 sent: 2016-03-21

Interview: 2016-08-08

Oath: 2016-08-17

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Guys I have goood news. VSC is back to 5 months processing time for I-129f. They updated the website just today. For all of you, including me, who became frustrarted for the 8.9 month backdated, just relax and I hope all our applications will go smoothly with VSC. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Check the link below:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

I-129F Sent: 02/20/12

Received at VSC: 2/27/12

NOA1 Dated: 2/27/12

RFE: 9/04/12

RFE Response: 9/11/12

RFE Response Review: 9/12/12

NOA2 (Text): 9/26/12

NOA2 Hardcopy received: 9/29/12

NVC Received our file: 10/02/12

NVC Sent our file to the embassy: 10/04/12

Embassy received our file: 10/08/12

Package 3 received: 10/15/12

Guys I have goood news. VSC is back to 5 months processing time for I-129f. They updated the website just today. For all of you, including me, who became frustrarted for the 8.9 month backdated, just relax and I hope all our applications will go smoothly with VSC. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Check the link below:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

This just made my Monday!!! Thanks you for the update :dance:

~~Albert Schweitzer

8lrSm4.png
Meg and Alan

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hey guys! The data on http://dashboard.uscis.gov/ has been updated! Looks like VSC processed around 2,600 applications in January and around 2,000 in February of this year. That means all of ours are that much closer!

2/25/2012 - I-129F sent

2/29/2012 - Email notification of NOA1

9/06/2012 - NOA2!!!! Oh yeah!!!

9/13/2012 - Arrival at NVC

9/17/2012 - Sent to Consulate in Seoul, Korea

9/23/2012 - Packet 3 email received

9/28/2012 - Interview Date!

9/28/2012 - Approved!

10/17/2012 - Planned POE

Good to know. But can they deny you visa if petitioner is not around? Thats what seemed to happen in Dorah's case. Seems strange

It is mandatory to be at your fiance's interview or else is an automatic deniel... I have two friends who went thru this process and confirm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.