afoyoswa

Any February 2012 filers?

4,866 posts in this topic

Yup. I have to learn how to take it in stride... No more panic attacks, like while I was waiting for the NOA2 LOL.

Thanks! I hope so too!

Also... just got home and checked my mail... Packet 3 was waiting for me! Going to get my photos done on Saturday and ship it off then.

Haha I totally get the panic attacks! I was so calm and cool waiting for NOA2, but was shaking putting together the stuff for the RFE today. The guy at the post office must have thought I was nuts. Congrats on getting Packet 3! You're almost there :)

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~~Albert Schweitzer

8lrSm4.png
Meg and Alan

Initially filed for K1 visa - Feb 23 2012

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we've abandoned this application

We married on Aug 24, 2013 in a small ceremony in MA

We'll be applying for a CR1 / IR1 visa as soon as we are able

Watch this space for updates!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Haha I totally get the panic attacks! I was so calm and cool waiting for NOA2, but was shaking putting together the stuff for the RFE today. The guy at the post office must have thought I was nuts. Congrats on getting Packet 3! You're almost there :)

Hahaha, I can totally picture the scene! Hope it goes quickly for you from now on out!

Ex27m5.png MbP5m4.png

VJsig.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Hey Mary! I'm curious...I notice you added a wedding date to your signature...is that just a guestimate?!? We were wondering if we'd be able to do UK style 10/11/12!!! Had hoped for US style but the mm/dd will most likely be switched!!!

That's a guestimate. It seems, at least lately that the interviews are around 1 1/2 months from NOA2 providing you get everything in. Will that be true for us? I don't know. I do know that we met on 11/15 last year and if we can make it happen, we'll be getting married on that date. If not. we'll shift things around. We are considering Niagara Falls or just the Courthouse.

rose.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Congratulations on all the new approvals :thumbs:

KTandTommy, Montreal is really slow on scheduling interviews! But let's cross our fingers that you are there by christmas.

I'm waiting for a interview date, on packet three they said they send it out by e-mail. Almost back to obssesively checking my e-mail! I don't know how long it will take to get it, it's so few people here from Denmark, Sweden and Norway (they process all immigrant visas in Sweden..... :bonk: )that it's hard to get a estimate. I'm hoping for October even though we won't be able to leave before early December....

And a big hooray for me: I sold my apartment yesterday after the first viewing for a really really good price! The housing market here is crazy these days..... One step closer to our big move :dance:

K-1

Feb.14 2012: Mailed I-129F

Aug.14 2012: NOA2!! (179 days)

Oct.4 2012: Interview! Approved!

Oct.12 2012: Visa in hand

Dec.02 2012: POE

AOS

March 9 2013 AOS packet sent

March 18 2013 NOA1

April 1 2013 Biometrics done (appointment April 11)

May 25 2013 EAD/AP received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

KTandTommy, Montreal is really slow on scheduling interviews! But let's cross our fingers that you are there by christmas.

I'm waiting for a interview date, on packet three they said they send it out by e-mail. Almost back to obssesively checking my e-mail! I don't know how long it will take to get it, it's so few people here from Denmark, Sweden and Norway (they process all immigrant visas in Sweden..... :bonk: )that it's hard to get a estimate. I'm hoping for October even though we won't be able to leave before early December....

And a big hooray for me: I sold my apartment yesterday after the first viewing for a really really good price! The housing market here is crazy these days..... One step closer to our big move :dance:

Great news about your apartment...mine sold on August 1st and it's an amazing feeling to know that the reason is to move to be with my love :dance: Now i just need to get moving on selling some more stuff i have laying around...can't see my Wii coming to the US with me!!! :rofl:

Our Journey
Aug 2nd '11...love at first sight???
Aug 4th '11...first date!
Feb 19th '12...ENGAGED!!!!!

Our I-129 Journey
Feb 23rd '12...I-129F mailed
Feb 28th '12...NOA1
AUGUST 17th '12...NOA2 APPROVED!!!!!

Our VISA Journey!
Aug 27th '12 NVC received petition and issued LND number
Sept 7th '12 ALL forms mailed to embassy!
Sept 10th '12 Medical
NOV 1st '12 INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!!!!

Nov 9th '12 POE Baltimore biggrin.png
Nov 11th '12 WEDDING

Our AOS/ED Journey!
Dec 13th '12 AOS/ED forms sent
Dec 19th '12 NOA1
Jan 11th '13 BIOMETRICS
Feb 11th '13 ED APPROVED!!!

Aug 23rd '13 AOS RFE

Sept 23rd '13 AOS DECISION...APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's a guestimate. It seems, at least lately that the interviews are around 1 1/2 months from NOA2 providing you get everything in. Will that be true for us? I don't know. I do know that we met on 11/15 last year and if we can make it happen, we'll be getting married on that date. If not. we'll shift things around. We are considering Niagara Falls or just the Courthouse.

rose.gif

Gotcha! :thumbs: I am praying for a date around then...we are going to make plans as soon as we get the interview date but are planning on a flight to Hawaii 2 days after I arrive and having a 'weddingmoon'!!! Then we'll take time over the coming months having weekend visits in the many various states all his family and friends live in but hopefully timing will work to allow us Thanksgiving weekend with his mom :D Then most of his family at Christmas. We then plan on a first anniversary trip to Scotland where we are going to have a reception for family and friends here and do like we've just got married and walked in as newly weds :dance: I'll wear my dress and he's even considering wearing a kilt :rofl:

Can't WAIT to make plans!

Edited by SLMcT

Our Journey
Aug 2nd '11...love at first sight???
Aug 4th '11...first date!
Feb 19th '12...ENGAGED!!!!!

Our I-129 Journey
Feb 23rd '12...I-129F mailed
Feb 28th '12...NOA1
AUGUST 17th '12...NOA2 APPROVED!!!!!

Our VISA Journey!
Aug 27th '12 NVC received petition and issued LND number
Sept 7th '12 ALL forms mailed to embassy!
Sept 10th '12 Medical
NOV 1st '12 INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!!!!

Nov 9th '12 POE Baltimore biggrin.png
Nov 11th '12 WEDDING

Our AOS/ED Journey!
Dec 13th '12 AOS/ED forms sent
Dec 19th '12 NOA1
Jan 11th '13 BIOMETRICS
Feb 11th '13 ED APPROVED!!!

Aug 23rd '13 AOS RFE

Sept 23rd '13 AOS DECISION...APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Called VSC yesterday and was told they were working on 6 Feb and because my date was 27 Feb I could not file a request. So I called back today and the very nice lady informed me they were working on 27 Feb and she also could not file a request because she could not override the system. But I should call back on Monday and I could then file a request. I am sure feed up with my government, I had a lawyer who helped me with all the paper work and he was great, after talking to him yesterday I understand a little more about the process. He beliefs that they hold the K-1 visa apps on purpose. And I am beginning to believe that also. I wish everyone waiting a quick approval and happy landings in the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Ughhh now I'm worried about being together for Christmas.

Yeah, I'm back to being-afraid-to-make-any-projections-at-all land. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Groundhog Day...sometime. He'll get here sometime. Really dragging right now.

Joy (& Aaron, who doesn't read/post here yet)

Dec. 27, 2010: First met each other in Entebbe, Uganda while I was visiting my friend/his cousin (12/27/10 - 1/10/11) (visited again Jul. 2-9, 2011 and Dec. 24, 2011 - Jan. 9, 2012; engaged 1/7/12)

K-1

Feb. 18, 2012: I-129F sent (delivered 2/21 per USPS & USCIS; NOA1 notice date 2/23/12; check cashed/email/text 2/24)

Aug. 9, 2012: NOA2!!! [NOA1 +168 days] (reached NVC 8/17, left NVC 8/20; @embassy 8/24; embassy confirmed receipt 9/5)

Oct. 24 - Nov. 8, 2012: I visited again (Nairobi: medical 10/31; interview 11/5 [NOA1 +256 days]; result--APPROVED!!!!!!!)

Nov. 15, 2012: Visa in hand (was ready for retrieval 11/12/12)

Nov. 20, 2012: POE, Boston!!! (legal marriage 12/12/12; family/friends wedding ceremony 1/12/13) (276 days)

AOS/EAD/AP

Feb. 4, 2013: AOS packet sent (delivered 2/6, NOA1 text/email & check cashed 2/11 midnight)

Feb. 11, 2013: NOA1 notice date for I-485, EAD, AP (I-485/EAD NOA1 hard copies & biometrics appt letter arrived 2/16, badly mangled AP NOA1 arrived 2/27; biometrics done 3/4/13)

Apr. 3, 2013: EAD & AP approved (received card 4/11)

Aug. 16, 2013: I-485 approved & green card production ordered!!!! (card arrived 8/26/13) (193 days)

ROC

2015 sometime? I've slept since then.

Naturalization

Dec. 20, 2019: N-400 submitted online (Boston, MA field office)

Jan. 9, 2020: Biometrics

Feb. 4, 2020: updated wait time = 4 months (estimated case completion June 2020)

Aug. 7, 2020: interview scheduled (!), but no idea when

Sept. 16, 2020: interview, Boston (approved)

Sept. 24, 2020: oath ceremony, Boston---DONE!!! (279 days from submission)

230Hm5.pngxrcBm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Called VSC yesterday and was told they were working on 6 Feb and because my date was 27 Feb I could not file a request. So I called back today and the very nice lady informed me they were working on 27 Feb and she also could not file a request because she could not override the system. But I should call back on Monday and I could then file a request. I am sure feed up with my government, I had a lawyer who helped me with all the paper work and he was great, after talking to him yesterday I understand a little more about the process. He beliefs that they hold the K-1 visa apps on purpose. And I am beginning to believe that also. I wish everyone waiting a quick approval and happy landings in the US.

I was running many numbers with NOA1 of 2/27 as mine. They are done with almost %98 of total Feb. 27th filers. Today, one applicant of 2/27/12 got RFE, 3-5 filers are still under initial review. My feeling is that they'll try to finish them all by the end of today. So, If i were you, i would highly expect something by the end of today.

Good luck and don't be panic if you get RFE. For some reason, most of 2/27 filers got RFE, including mine.

I wish you the best of luck.

I-129F Sent: 02/20/12

Received at VSC: 2/27/12

NOA1 Dated: 2/27/12

RFE: 9/04/12

RFE Response: 9/11/12

RFE Response Review: 9/12/12

NOA2 (Text): 9/26/12

NOA2 Hardcopy received: 9/29/12

NVC Received our file: 10/02/12

NVC Sent our file to the embassy: 10/04/12

Embassy received our file: 10/08/12

Package 3 received: 10/15/12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh I'm jealous! I wish I could sell my apartment now and buy a place down in Florida... the Canadian dollar is at the highest rate of the year. I've been changing some money into US funds as I see the dollar going up, but it would be SOOOO nice to make a decent profit on my apartment and turn that into a really nice place down south.

Yeah, I'm back to being-afraid-to-make-any-projections-at-all land. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Groundhog Day...sometime. He'll get here sometime. Really dragging right now.

I hear ya.

I guess our new approach should be "at some point in time, we will be together, and they can't stop us!" ;)

can't see my Wii coming to the US with me!!! :rofl:

LOL, why not?!

Tom already has a wii, so I'm probably going to give mine to my mom (she likes the wii fit... Tom has a balance board too LOL). But I'm totally bringing all my games - especially guitar hero/rock band, etc! Can't wait to play with him! :D

Ex27m5.png MbP5m4.png

VJsig.jpg

can't see my Wii coming to the US with me!!! :rofl:

Haha Alan's planning to bring his. He's got a lot more games than we do here in the states and from what we know they're not compatible. He'll bring his and my parents will keep mine. We'll just get a power inverter and hope for the best.

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~~Albert Schweitzer

8lrSm4.png
Meg and Alan

Initially filed for K1 visa - Feb 23 2012

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we've abandoned this application

We married on Aug 24, 2013 in a small ceremony in MA

We'll be applying for a CR1 / IR1 visa as soon as we are able

Watch this space for updates!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Julian had his medical today and he said it was quick and painless. All he needs it one more booster shot and he'll be up on all the shots he needs. One step closer! luv.gif

Yep - things are moving much faster. My fiancee is visiting family and her visa is ready to be picked up. Hopefully the first week in October she will be here.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Rob bought a US version of the PS3 already, and I already own a 360. God forbid he goes without his gaming. :rofl:

October 2007- Became friends gaming onlineJanuary 16, 2009- Met in person in UKDecember 25, 2011- Ten visits later, engaged!February 24, 2012- I-129F SentFebruary 29, 2012- NOA 1 ReceivedJuly 13, 2012- RFE email sad.pngJuly 20, 2012-RFE response mailed to CSCJuly 24, 2012-RFE response reviewJuly 26, 2012-NOA2!!!!July 30, 2012-NOA2 Hardcopy ReceivedAugust 3, 2012-NVC received case and forwarded to LondonAugust 6, 2012-Case received by LondonAugust 13, 2012-Packet 3 sent out by consulateAugust 15, 2012-Packet 3 receivedAugust 23, 2012-Mailed affidavit and original forms to Rob via express mailAugust 30, 2012-MedicalSeptember 3, 2012-Packet 3 sent to embassy with DS-2001September 4, 2012-Packet 3 and DS-2001 arrive in LondonSeptember 26, 2012-Packet 4 receivedOctober 11, 2012- lnterview- Result: APPROVEDOctober 18, 2012-Visa in handNovember 15, 2012- POE-ORDNovember 21, 2012- Legal wedding!!November 30, 2012- Applied for SSNDecember 7, 2012- SSN card came in mailDecember 20, 2012- AOS/EAD/AP sent outDecember 27, 2012-AOS/EAD/AP Text/email confirmationDecember 31, 2012-AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 received in mailJanuary 22, 2013-Biometrics appointmentFebruary 15, 2013- EAD/AP approvedFebruary 27, 2013- EAD/AP card arrived in mailApril 6, 2013- Big family wedding!!August 12, 2013-AOS text/email- APPROVED!! <p>May 16, 2015- ROC package sent to CSC August 15, 2015- ROC Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Yup. I have to learn how to take it in stride... No more panic attacks, like while I was waiting for the NOA2 LOL.

Thanks! I hope so too!

Also... just got home and checked my mail... Packet 3 was waiting for me! Going to get my photos done on Saturday and ship it off then.

That's awesome! Next step!

02-25-2011: First Met

07-21-2011: Started Dating

01-01-2012: Engaged

02-15-2012: I-129F Sent

02-21-2012: NOA1

02-23-2012: NOA1 Hardcopy

08-31-2012: AFTER 193 DAYS APPROVED!!

09-07-2012: NOA2 Hardcopy

09-10-2012: NVC assigned AMS Case number

09-18-2012: Consulate received case

09-20-2012: Packet 3 received

09-21-2012: Packet 3 sent

09-27-2012: Packet 4 received

10-11-2012: Medical

10-23-2012: interview

10-30-2012: POE

10-31-2012: City Hall wedding

11-10-2012: WEDDING!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.